Custom Star Trek TNG Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was bumped at the perfect time, I've been on a big TNG kick here lately myself and I have a ton of parts coming in and plan on making the crew. Very useful info here and some great looking bashes all around! Keep on sharing, I'm loving this. :hi5:

I still have my Picard, Data, and Worf on constant display. The only change I made since this thread was that I switched Picard's hands with the bendy ones that came with the "Man in Suit" figures - Can't recall the brand now, but it let me put a "two-fingered" point on the one hand and keep them in scale better. I didn't realize how good that Picard Playmates headsculpt looked in person - I might be tempted to check it out!

Yeah, the Picard Playmates head is really a perfect likeness IMO, if a tad larger than the rest. I wonder if perhaps they scanned Patrick Stewart's head for it?

cap'n did you save your extra "Spots" (data's cat)? Mine broke straight out of the box.

You must have spent a fortune on those Dragons.

I used those Geo heads for my TNG customs years ago with homemade unis.

Nice work.

I waited for the Dragons to start dropping in price before I jumped into this, myself. I've even seen them go cheaper since I bought mine.

I finally got Playmates Troi and Geometrics Locutus for a decent price, so will be working on those in the near future. I've also got Playmates Q on the way. We'll see if that one is salvagable...

If anyone is interested I plan to commission a Dr. Crusher sculpt during the next year.

I have all of the main crew Geometrics models (I want to do the female Romulan too). I bought patterns to make the clothes myself. Right now I am slowly making a duty uniform for Troi.

Oooh, I forgot I have the Romulan somewhere.
Back before there were so many customs out there I was using 1:6 models and Palitoy Action Man bodies.
BTW, any of you that used the Geo heads and don't need the torsos...could you email me.

Glad to see TNG getting some love!

OK, so here's what I have got going....

I bought Dragon Data and Dragon Picard....

I also bought the Geometric Locutus kit...

I bought the Masterpiece Picard and I plan on attempting to shrink the head (excellent sculpt, but HUGE!)

I had planned on cutting up the Locutus kit and making it an actual figure, I'm still trying to decide if I should do that or just put it together as is. It's gonna be some work for sure if i make it into a figure, but it could be an epic piece.

after those 3 are finished, Worf will be my next project...then hopefully LaForge and on down the line excluding Wesley Crusher of course.:rotfl

OK capn you officially suck!!
Well, sucked.
Well...... sucked me into the whole TNG arena!! :rotfl

I had to search around and found a decent price on the Dragon TNG's.
I am blown away by Worf actually coming with a metal sash. I am digging out my old customs and now plan a complete "refit" as it were.
If you still have those bods, capn, please email me. I NEED them!
Anyway, pix forthcoming as soon as the whole crew assembles.

ironman out

I'm sorry! I read your PM really fast as I was rushing out, didn't have time to respond, and then forgot about it!

I don't have them anymore. They got - um - let's say "removed" during a cleanup. I also broke my extra Spot :(

I don't think the Sash is worth using. It doesn't look anything like the real one!

The sash is not 100% accurate but I like the feel a real metal one gives to the figure. I may try the Geo version once I dig those old customs out.
If you email me your address I can send you a spot.

If anyone is interested I plan to commission a Dr. Crusher sculpt during the next year.

I have all of the main crew Geometrics models (I want to do the female Romulan too). I bought patterns to make the clothes myself. Right now I am slowly making a duty uniform for Troi.

I need a spot! Broke mine five minutes after opening the package.

Interested in Crusher. I've been searching for something that might fill the bill but not had much luck. There was an auburn haired figure on ebay last week, but I got outbid.
Can you share those Romulan patterns?
Jiminydog, EMAIL me your addy and I'll get spot to you.
The capn has indeed got my Trek on.
Here are a few pix of a prototype I'm having made as I noticed it was also conspicuously missing:
ffolkesnextgen5.jpg

ffolkesnextgen11.jpg

ffolkesnextgen3.jpg

ffolkesnextgen4.jpg

ffolkesnextgen2.jpg

The Worf Klingon battle armor is adapted from the '79 Mego TMP figure.
I kick myself in the thrusters for not having bought the 3 cases of TMP figures when I had the chance @ $3.49 per figure. :slap

Ironman...new pics are on their way....fixed the ill fitting shoulders etc. Hope you like them.

Back