Statue Custom Michael Myers 1/4 DONE - See 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/6fDSiCNMYnU

This turned out pretty bad IMO. Coveralls are way too baggy and he looks like hes about to do a star jump. Eyes look badly painted.

Huge Michael Myers fan myself and honestly was looking forward to this piece being my definitive '78 MM piece.
But sorry to say I'm disappointed at the final production results as well.

Quite a few have already pointed out the baggy pants especially around the ankles, however, the top is also too big. In the video, the reviewer had to gather some of it behind the statue.

The right chest pocket is also incorrect. It's suppose to have a flap at the opening.

The Lamson knife blade is too short in relation to the length of the handle. Speaking of the handle, the circular metal pins are too small in diameter.

The sculpted hair on this doesn't work for me. Looking at it straight on, the slick-back hair looks like he used gel and a comb. It's too neat.

But the 3 things that bug me the most...
- The pose looks very uninspiring. This is what 6" toy figures look like through their bubble window on their card.

- The hands are too smooth and clean for a killer that has that much blood on his knife. Absolutely no details here ruins the presentation.

- Too much of his eyes can be seen especially the skin around the eyes. They're too bright. I think darkening this area can help the mask maintain that frightening look from the movie.

I do like the base (sad that I like the base more than the subject itself). The flickering lights on the pumpkins are very cool.

I was hoping for the best here but glad I didn't purchase. My search/wait continues.

Well, here is in our defense a few comments...

John (Mr X) did not really take his time to adjust the mixed media. The Coverall is in our opinion not too baggy as you can see in our video below. Even the top button suppose to be closed and collar up.

The scale is correct as we listened to YOU guys on this board making him 6' tall (Like Anthony Moran).. he stands in 1/4 scale almost 19".

We also showed 3D render of the final version and no comments/changes were requested.

We asked about feedback for the coverall.. no changes were requested of the Prototype (we actually added a few millimeter in length of pants and arms)

We/me are no Myers experts (we are in Star Wars) ... so we needed your input on this.

Back