Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before Walmart gives me a coupon for my Preparation H purchase I wish they would have me interact with their marketing team via social media because it would make that product and purchase that much more special knowing they made me work for that coupon while getting to know their bubbly personalities I mean my life is definitely richer because I interacted with Fred from Walmart who had me answer some questions before sending me the coupon to relieve my butt itch lol

Last edited:
Before Walmart gives me a coupon for my Preparation H purchase I wish they would have me interact with their marketing team via social media because it would make that product and purchase that much more special knowing they made me work for that coupon while getting to know their bubbly personalities I mean my life is definitely richer because I interacted with Fred from Walmart who had me answer some questions before sending me the coupon lol
tenor(1).gif

Does Sideshow have to Honor the Tax free weekend in a different state? The government website says if the company taxes people in the state, it’s supposed to be tax free today and tomorrow, but just curious if anyone has experienced this, as I made a purchase and was still taxed.

Does Sideshow have to Honor the Tax free weekend in a different state? The government website says if the company taxes people in the state, it’s supposed to be tax free today and tomorrow, but just curious if anyone has experienced this, as I made a purchase and was still taxed.
They don’t..l. I’ve emailed about this a couple years ago and they told me that since they don’t process any order on the weekend, they don’t honor it.

Before Walmart gives me a coupon for my Preparation H purchase I wish they would have me interact with their marketing team via social media because it would make that product and purchase that much more special knowing they made me work for that coupon while getting to know their bubbly personalities I mean my life is definitely richer because I interacted with Fred from Walmart who had me answer some questions before sending me the coupon to relieve my butt itch lol
I think you were featured on peopleofwalmat.com!

85378183.jpg
:monkey3

They don’t..l. I’ve emailed about this a couple years ago and they told me that since they don’t process any order on the weekend, they don’t honor it.
That’s wild.

My state government site says “No sales tax is due on that purchase, even if delivery of the item occurs after the sales tax holiday weekend.”

That’s wild.

My state government site says “No sales tax is due on that purchase, even if delivery of the item occurs after the sales tax holiday weekend.”
Not to defend Sideshow but I think technically the purchase doesn't take place until they process the order, so if they're closed on the weekend that won't take place until Monday. You may get an order number automatically, but I think it comes down to when one's credit card is actually charged. The delivery of the order really doesn't come into play.

Not to defend Sideshow but I think technically the purchase doesn't take place until they process the order, so if they're closed on the weekend that won't take place until Monday. You may get an order number automatically, but I think it comes down to when one's credit card is actually charged. The delivery of the order really doesn't come into play.

“Do I have to take home an item I purchase on the sales tax holiday weekend for that purchase to qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption?​

No. If you pay for the item in full on the sales tax holiday weekend, you can arrange for delivery of the item after the sales tax holiday weekend. “

The tax charge isn’t the biggest deal, but I am very curious, from a legal standpoint, if sideshows allowed to be getting away with it.

Everything I read says they aren’t.

Like sure, if I placed a order Saturday, and wasn’t charged until Monday, fine. But I’m lead to believe that since they charged me and took the money in full from my bank account, and on the sideshow order it says paid now, and ready to ship, they are obligated to honor it.

Would be a interesting question for the Department of Revenue

“Do I have to take home an item I purchase on the sales tax holiday weekend for that purchase to qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption?​

No. If you pay for the item in full on the sales tax holiday weekend, you can arrange for delivery of the item after the sales tax holiday weekend. “

The tax charge isn’t the biggest deal, but I am very curious, from a legal standpoint, if sideshows allowed to be getting away with it.

Everything I read says they aren’t.

Like sure, if I placed a order Saturday, and wasn’t charged until Monday, fine. But I’m lead to believe that since they charged me and took the money in full from my bank account, and on the sideshow order it says paid now, and ready to ship, they are obligated to honor it.

Would be a interesting question for the Department of Revenue
Are you In Massachusetts? That’s the only state where Sideshow products would even qualify for the no-tax exemption (in all others only specific items qualify, usually stuff like school supplies and clothing). And even in MA the business has to be open over the weekend in question. Given Sideshow is in CA, I have no idea how their being closed factors into it from a legal standpoint. There’s probably some precedent but then Sideshow hasn’t been collecting taxes on out-of-state purchases for that long so they may not be aware of MA’s unique situation.

Are you In Massachusetts? That’s the only state where Sideshow products would even qualify for the no-tax exemption (in all others only specific items qualify, usually stuff like school supplies and clothing). And even in MA the business has to be open over the weekend in question. Given Sideshow is in CA, I have no idea how their being closed factors into it from a legal standpoint. There’s probably some precedent but then Sideshow hasn’t been collecting taxes on out-of-state purchases for that long so they may not be aware of MA’s unique situation.
Yeah Mass.

The business open part I did catch, but if it’s able to take online orders, and is mainly a online company, I’m not sure where that would count on the “open” or not scale of things. One could argue it is both always and never open I suppose.

Schrödinger's Sideshow 😹

Back