Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I have used reward points, the only amount that was taxed was actual dollars that came out of my pocket to cover the difference. So I'd think it's safe to assume if you were able to get a figure with just all reward points, I don't think you'd pay taxes on it. I'm in the states so unsure how it'd go for your location.
I guess we'll find out lol.

Right but you can't actually "use" the points if you don't fully complete checkout right? Just hitting "apply" to see how it's all going to work before payment doesn't make them leave your balance correct? I haven't fully decided the best way to go about this or which item(s) to purchase just yet. In other words, you can try different things and as long as you don't complete checkout nothing is actually "spent" correct?
As long as you don't hit the big green button called "Place your order" on the checkout screen your order won't go through. You can apply the points and see a general summary at the bottom of the checkout screen.

i.e

1640889202932.png

Anyone who's still holding onto points that will expire on January, what will you get?

Anyone who's still holding onto points that will expire on January, what will you get?
I ended up getting Miles Morales and regular Wonder Woman from WW84. My next batch of points should expire until late February/early March so I'm really hoping that a Battinson figure gets announced before then

So there has to be an event you're signed up for? If not, what is everybody talking about? The replies after your first one on the previous page are a bit misleading then...
There isn't any current event where rewards points are being given out. Not since before Christmas. I don't know what replies you are referring to, since you haven't presented any quotes.

So there has to be an event you're signed up for? If not, what is everybody talking about? The replies after your first one on the previous page are a bit misleading then...
They go live on social media during events, which they seem to have about once a month. One does not need to be signed up for these, but some of them like this past summer's Sideshow Con (and another this past year, but I can't remember what it was) have had registrations where people were given $5 in rewards for signing up. Rewards codes as people have known them have been mostly a thing of the past. There was one during Spooktacular and there have been a couple of online side-scroller-type games for Spooktacular and Sideshow Con which gave a code when you won or got all the coins or something. Mostly rewards have been given out during livestreams via online lotteries, which one could access via a code they gave out in the stream or the chat. Sometimes the lottery gives rewards to everybody, sometimes it's only a certain number of people. Sometimes rewards are given out using the same system, but it's tied to an online trivia quiz that they run during a livestream. Sometimes they give out rewards by drawing the name of one or more viewers during their Friday Facebook livestreams (none this week) at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT, but that's not guaranteed and lately only seems to be the Fridays during an event like Spooktacular or Geeksgiving (like Spooktacular but less dickish and before Thanksgiving instead of Halloween).

What is the next event in January 2022?
I don't think there is one. There's nothing that they've mentioned, but they haven't updated the event calendar for 2022, and they have been known to announce one-day events on somewhat short notice. There wasn't anything last January, so it seems unlikely, but we might hear about something after the start of the new year.

I have until March before I have any expiring points... so I have Jan and Feb to try and max up.
No event last January and not even a New Years code (like codes are a ****ing thing now anymore), but they gave out rewards during Court of the Dead Day in February, so that's probably going to be happening again.

Just a reminder there's only a little over 20 hrs remaining to use up any rewards points due to expire on 1/1/22.

I need to order 1 more figure but can't decide. :confused:

Asking again for the last day - Anyone have any codes you're not using? please PM. Thanks

Just a reminder there's only a little over 20 hrs remaining to use up any rewards points due to expire on 1/1/22.

I need to order 1 more figure but can't decide. :confused:
How much RPs do you have left? And what theme are you going for?

How much RPs do you have left? And what theme are you going for?
Have almost $700 still but $43 expires tomorrow. I only collect SW sixth scale, just OT these days plus some R1 troopers. Used some points to pre-order HT Snowspeeder Luke and ROTJ Scout Trooper, wanted to get ESB Lando and R1 tank trooper but both have shipping restrictions and won't ship to AU. Same with most of the other current SW figures on offer. Was hoping Bespin Luke would have been up for pre-order by now.

So options are pretty limited. Might have to go for either the chrome armour Mandalorian or Fennic Shand but neither would fit my collection on their own. :unsure:

Have almost $700 still but $43 expires tomorrow. I only collect SW sixth scale, just OT these days plus some R1 troopers. Used some points to pre-order HT Snowspeeder Luke and ROTJ Scout Trooper, wanted to get ESB Lando and R1 tank trooper but both have shipping restrictions and won't ship to AU. Same with most of the other current SW figures on offer. Was hoping Bespin Luke would have been up for pre-order by now.

So options are pretty limited. Might have to go for either the chrome armour Mandalorian or Fennic Shand but neither would fit my collection on their own. :unsure:
What about Mando Luke? Chrome Mando imo can fit in any SW collection. Everything you need is in the set. Or what about Boba Fett since the new series just came out.

What about Mando Luke? Chrome Mando imo can fit in any SW collection. Everything you need is in the set. Or what about Boba Fett since the new series just came out.
Already have HT Jedi Luke (another reward points purchase), not sure about the new Boba, want to see the rest of the show first. Might go for Mando then, not much of a fan of the show or the character but should make for a nice display piece.

Thanks for the help Razorwing.

Back