Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General question: Does Sideshow still send out $25 coupons ~40 days after they send you a figure? I got one about 40 days after I received my Iron Man Mk 85 earlier this year. I just got my Endgame Cap and was wondering if I should hang my hopes on a $25 coupon coming to purchase my next figure.
Not always but they still send them out. I just checked and since November I've placed 6 orders and I've used $25 coupons on 3 of them, the most recently in May.

I didn't catch the first few minutes of it, but I didn't hear any mention of rewards at all for today's Cobbled Cosplay.

So, not even a chance of a chance? :dunno

I didn't catch the first few minutes of it, but I didn't hear any mention of rewards at all for today's Cobbled Cosplay.

So, not even a chance of a chance? :dunno
Yup, no mention of participation rewards. And no lottery either...:rolleyes:

I didn't even bother with them today..

Too busy cursing and screaming at Hasbro & Walmart for the past 1 1/2 hours trying to order stupid BS SW Bad Batch exclusives... :mad:

General question: Does Sideshow still send out $25 coupons ~40 days after they send you a figure? I got one about 40 days after I received my Iron Man Mk 85 earlier this year. I just got my Endgame Cap and was wondering if I should hang my hopes on a $25 coupon coming to purchase my next figure.
Rarely

Not gonna lie, I’ve been really questioning their “geekery” this week because of how little they play video games and what they talked about. The fact that this “event” is so awkwardly timed and the discounts and such are so average at best makes me wonder if they really do play video games that much. Even the games they play are mainly super popular and mainstream ones, also that most of the ss staff don’t have many systems.
I know there’s a thing about not “gatekeeping” people with being a nerd, but at some point it becomes valid to wonder if they actually are being real. I think some of them didn’t even recognize Link and Zelda at some point?? Or a few characters at least.
Also discounting the cheaper stuff mainly instead of more expensive pieces doesn’t help.

Sideshow are desperate to maintain a media presence, and this 'event' isn't really an event at all. They're reaching for excuses to get people excited over something.

The numbers of people watching the live events on their flagship Let Your Geek Sideshow group have dropped dramatically since the last 'event'. I saw numbers were down to the 40s and 50s earlier in the week, and today they were down to the 20s. In the past I'm sure they were around 200.

Just like I had to do with IM day I contacted SS today regarding not receiving a single $1 reward yet for this entire week even though I registered and participated in everything.

They sent me a single reward to cover the event.

I went to use it and it was already expired.

I contacted them back they said sorry but that was the best they could do.

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

:slap

LULZ!

Just like I had to do with IM day I contacted SS today regarding not receiving a single $1 reward yet for this entire week even though I registered and participated in everything.

They sent me a single reward to cover the event.

I went to use it and it was already expired.

I contacted them back they said sorry but that was the best they could do.

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

:slap

LULZ!

Well, that just about sums it up. :(

:blissysmi

:lol :lol

My jaw is still on the floor lol

I spoke with Krystal and Joshb

Krystal sent me the code

Joshb gave me the bad news

It's really farcical.

For the Trivial Cahoots coming up next Sideshow posted:

Sideshow Collectibles

16 mins ·​

Are the games of today more your style? Then strap on your VR goggles and test your knowledge LIVE at 1 PM PT during Trivial Cahoots. Winners might find it rewarding!

tenor.gif

Does that say MIGHT instead of WILL lol

This 'might' or 'could' is a running theme with Sideshow.

I think they probably gave away too many points at the last big event. The Bossy Boss Boss guy made a mistake during one stream and gave away far more than he intended.

So this could be a case of paying the price. It's gone from a glut to a dearth. At this rate I probably wouldn't amass enough points within a year to make it worth using them, what with 20% tax and their shipping costs. It would still be cheaper to buy from Hong Kong, or even locally.

Back