Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to it again.

At 5:53 Autumn was talking about using your Sideshow email to register on sideshow.live for the Trivia, because "when a show is over a random number of people may be getting a rewarding experience out of this".

Usually they say that everyone participating will be rewarded, as they did with the Cobbled Cosplay earlier.
Well i’ll be damned I missed that part because also at the end they were discussing registration rewards.

Oh well if that is the case then I can see my enthusiasm to participate slowly beginning to deflate lol

Well i’ll be damned I missed that part because also at the end they were discussing registration rewards.

Oh well if that is the case then I can see my enthusiasm to participate slowly beginning to deflate lol
Yeah, if they do start with that, they're playing a tricky game. They obviously want to give away less money, but they still want maximum participation. You're not the only one who'd be less likely to participate if they do that ****.
I sent Paul a pm to double check what the deal is. He's very likely to respond at some point, so we'll see what he says.

Got it. A lot of failed tries, I'll put the codes up later if anyone is looking for them. Anyone have any idea if getting all the coins gives you a code?
20210614_193251~2.jpg

Sweet! Damn thing is still killing me! No, no extra rewards for getting all the coins.

Dang, I'm two coins away but I guess I won't try for the last two coins. They're up with the level up region anyway.

I found taking a break helped. The game oddly queues inputs, so when you do the towers you have to basically pre-jump to have him jump on time. Long press the last one to get to those platforms to the level up. Once there, I locked him in the little notch so I could relax a tad before trying. You can time your jump towards the jump pad this way too - ideal is right before it hits the peak of it's path, start running, jump, and then jump the second you hit the pad. That should (when it doesn't glitch out) launch you to the high tower. Pause (if you can click in time) and breathe. From here it's short platform jump, long jump, short platform jump, long jump long jump to finish.

I had to start sequencing it the way I'd do a procedure rather than try to go in one straight shot. The breaks helped reevaluate pace, steadiness etc.

Dang, I'm two coins away but I guess I won't try for the last two coins. They're up with the level up region anyway.

I found taking a break helped. The game oddly queues inputs, so when you do the towers you have to basically pre-jump to have him jump on time. Long press the last one to get to those platforms to the level up. Once there, I locked him in the little notch so I could relax a tad before trying. You can time your jump towards the jump pad this way too - ideal is right before it hits the peak of it's path, start running, jump, and then jump the second you hit the pad. That should (when it doesn't glitch out) launch you to the high tower. Pause (if you can click in time) and breathe. From here it's short platform jump, long jump, short platform jump, long jump long jump to finish.

I had to start sequencing it the way I'd do a procedure rather than try to go in one straight shot. The breaks helped reevaluate pace, steadiness etc.
Yeah, taking a break, right before the high jump might do it. I make the high jump sometimes, only to miss one of the shorter platforms after...REALLY frustrating when you see the $$$ platform right there!!!

Yeah, if they do start with that, they're playing a tricky game. They obviously want to give away less money, but they still want maximum participation. You're not the only one who'd be less likely to participate if they do that ****.
I sent Paul a pm to double check what the deal is. He's very likely to respond at some point, so we'll see what he says.
Okay. So Paul confirmed that is exactly what is happening. Only a random selection of non-winning participants in Trivial Cahoots will get rewards, and it will no longer be the case that every participant receives rewards just for playing. I informed Paul that people aren't going to participate without an incentive to do so, especially those who would just be guessing the whole time.
Sideshow found a balance, and they decided it wasn't good enough. So they tipped it, and in doing so, I think they've knocked over the whole damn scale.

Okay. So Paul confirmed that is exactly what is happening. Only a random selection of non-winning participants in Trivial Cahoots will get rewards, and it will no longer be the case that every participant receives rewards just for playing. I informed Paul that people aren't going to participate without an incentive to do so, especially those who would just be guessing the whole time.
Sideshow found a balance, and they decided it wasn't good enough. So they tipped it, and in doing so, I think they've knocked over the whole damn scale.
Well that bites....definitely will be less participation.

Well that settles it then Sideshow rewards is pretty much a dead thing now other than when making purchases.

So this is how rewarding a customer base dies with thunderous cahoots!

Good advice. I paused in the little nooks where he couldn't run, instead of actually hitting pause, but aside from that this totally worked. Thanks.

Well that settles it then Sideshow rewards is pretty much a dead thing now other than when making purchases.

Well, it's a dying thing for sure. For now, they're still giving rewards to everyone who votes in Cobbled Cosplay and I'm guessing they've found a way to do the same (probably not voting but something similar) with Win, Lose, or Die, but it's only a matter of time before that's random, too, and then there'll be nothing.
Or the folks in marketing will see this bite them and recognize it's actually a bad marketing strategy. Doubt it, tho.

Last edited:

As someone who lives in a vastly different time zone, this makes it easier to cut and run and burn off whatever points I have left. Importing isn’t worth it, heck even for those living in the US it’s probably not worth ordering directly from them sometimes.

I beat the Level Up a couple of time now. Here's a $5 code................... GAME5cd7729 .................. May try it a couple more times, but it's exhausting! Please state if you claim the code.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Partway through the Trivia they still encourage people to join in, so you don't actually have to play the whole game to qualify for a chance. Maybe it's good enough just to register and answer a couple of questions?

Thanks for reaching out to him and reporting back. I don't think anyone expected SS to continue giving out insane amounts of free money like they have over the past several months/SS events, but it's still kind of depressing to see it (basically) killed off so quickly.

Like you said, there's a chance they'll reverse course, but if not, I am very appreciate of every code I've been able to redeem since I started paying attention to this hobby a handful of years ago!

Back