Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure are a lot of words for "We can't afford to go."

This new format is fine by me. Never been to SDCC. I did use to really enjoy seeing everything at the SS booth at the NYCC (I live in NJ). From seeing product on display they got my to buy the 1st General Grievous Ex PF statue though. I was on the fence, but when I saw it in person I had to have it.

I stopped going to NYCC several years ago. Wasn't fun anymore. I only missed the 1st year until I decided to stop in like 2017 or so. Became way too packed, with so many "new" fans that follow the pop culture fads. Lines for panels were ridiculous, and vendor prices were becoming ridiculous. You used to be able to get really good deals on stuff. Now they try to sell the stuff higher than what I can buy it online for at etailers or even ebay. And have it conveniently delivered to my house rather than lugging it around the convention floor for the day and worrying about getting it home.

I was the first to stop, as my friends went a few more times till they threw in the towel as well. I'd rather watch YouTube vids at home... :lol
Having been to both San Diego and New York Comic Cons, I can tell you that San Diego is better organized, less packed, the people are nicer, the weather is better, the hotels are better, the vibe is better, etc.
You make a good point about seeing something in person when you're on the fence. A lot of people are going to miss out on that this year. And Sideshow is going to miss out on them getting off the fence. They're going to miss out on a lot of new customers, too. Out of 135,000 people attending Comic Con in San Diego every year, a good percentage who had never even heard of Sideshow find themselves in the booth and see something they always wanted but never knew existed. Then they get home and go to Sideshow's site for the first time looking to order it. (Maybe they find other things they want). I doubt anyone new is going to tune into these live streams. And since they're doing it the same week as San Diego Comic Con, any existing customers who are are going to be in attendance won't catch most of those streams live (and will likely miss most of those streams anyway).

Last edited:
No rewards, no signing up.

You cuttin' SDCC to save money -- I'm cutting useless "sign ups" and other things that waste my valuable time. Only seems fair.

I charge an astronomical "event fee" from my secret lair.
They might add the rewards closer to the event, so I'll register just in case lol...

LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE​

MONDAY, MAY 22​

• 9 AM PT – Kick-Off Show
  • 4 PM PT – Trivial Cahoots 80’s Edition *exclusive to the Sideshow Social Network

TUESDAY, MAY 23​

• 12 PM PT – Drawtacular
  • 4 PM PT – Movie Night *exclusive to the Sideshow Social Network

WEDNESDAY, MAY 24​

• 12 PM PT – Retro Gaming Show *exclusive to the Sideshow Social Network
  • 5 PM PT – Wrap-Up Show

So I guess they're trying to shift away from FB as well?
I wonder if they hadn't spent whatever it is they spent to develop and maintain their own crappy social media app (apparently the average cost to develop a mobile app is $171,450) and just stuck with facebook, which by all accounts is still free, if they would have been able to afford to go to Comic Con this summer.

Jessi Dawn Cowan

Admin
Top contributor
+2

· 39 m ·

Here we go! Our Back to the 80s event is here!
Here is your Day 1 Schedule, don't forget about our Kick-Off stream at 9:00 AM PT!
Also, we may be having something special over in Sideshow Social Network at 4:00 PM PT!
Check out the blog for more details:
https://www.sideshow.com/.../back-to-the-80s-2023-event...

80.jpg

Does anyone actually bother with all this stuff any more?

Did they even do a lottery in their SSN video?

With how few rewards they give out now it's probably not worth wasting the time, as I doubt it'd be possible to earn enough in a year to make it viable ordering from Sideshow, since shipping and tax make them so expensive.

Back