Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, got both $6. I got a grand total of $57 including the two $5 sign up points.

So, that's it then? Spooktacular looks like it's going to work like last night's trivia game did--they'll call out random ranking numbers and you have a limited amount of time to respond to get your points. No more door prize points it seems.

I wonder how much their viewership and participation will drop once people see there's no value in watching these things.
That is just a horrible idea. Viewership will drop like THAT.

I've ordered two free Hot Toys from Sideshow this year, and now I'm about half way to another one.

They've been throwing money around like candy, so I've been expecting things to change.
I did as well (3 figures actually). I cleaned out my points in anticipation of them expiring, which I guess was Sideshow's ploy all along: not having people have too many points accumulated.

Thanks to everyone who had explained the process to me this summer. I wouldn't have been able to do this event without the help!

All paid up.

I wonder if I will be able to earn any further rewards? Looks like SS has made this even more difficult to follow unless you have no life and can live on their feed 24/7.

They didn't say that Spook would be about announcing numbers in the chat that I saw. They said there would be all kinds of rewards during Spook, and implied regular codes would be back too, in at least a limited way.

The Spook rewards are definitely going to amount to more for the average person than the NYCC rewards did. This is their prime event.

How to keep up with it? Start using the code alert thread again. Every other forum and code group I'm on is giving alerts for all of these trivia games now in place of wherever they used to post codes. That thread here used to be flooded with posts every time a new code went up. Now we often go by without anyone posting an alert for trivia in there, especially when I'm not around to do it.

I hope they keep to set hours and don't go back to the five minute codes that might drop any time 24/7.

At least with these live shows you know which hour something's happening in.

I hope they keep to set hours and don't go back to the five minute codes that might drop any time 24/7.

At least with these live shows you know which hour something's happening in.
Based on last night's show it sounds like it will be some scheduled shows (like CC & WLD) combined with a lot of surprise streams. They're all working remotely for Spook and once again stressing the "sleep is for the weak" theme so there will be some stuff happening in the wee hours, but no clue if it'll be code drops, trivia games for those watching or something else.

Based on last night's show it sounds like it will be some scheduled shows (like CC & WLD) combined with a lot of surprise streams. They're all working remotely for Spook and once again stressing the "sleep is for the weak" theme so there will be some stuff happening in the wee hours, but no clue if it'll be code drops, trivia games for those watching or something else.

I thought they'd shifted away from that style to the more structured one, to make sure they were getting viewers for cash, rather than the money being earned by code group subscribers.

I thought they'd shifted away from that style to the more structured one, to make sure they were getting viewers for cash, rather than the money being earned by code group subscribers.
I think that's why Autumn did a bit of backpedaling last night, as previously she was going on about the "anything could happen at any time" randomness of the event and how she was going to be back to her stingy self. She was quick to clarify last night that (in addition to the random stuff) there WILL be a schedule released with planned events for which they want a lot of viewers/participation, so I think either she realized she misled us or someone whispered in her ear. I think the surprise streams will mostly be quick trivia games with lotteries, but that's just a guess.

What a ridiculously over engineered marketing strategy.

Just increase your purchasing rewards and be done with it remove all interactions with their staff.

There is no amount of social marketing that will ever change my mind on buying a product that I never intended to own I know what I want and when I want it.

Let us earn big rewards on our purchases we the buyers will speak with our wallets.

It’s all so exhausting we all live very busy lives this social marketing stuff is such a time vampire.

What a ridiculously over engineered marketing strategy.

Just increase your purchasing rewards and be done with it remove all interactions with their staff.

There is no amount of social marketing that will ever change my mind on buying a product that I never intended to own I know what I want and when I want it.

Let us earn big rewards on our purchases we the buyers will speak with our wallets.

It’s all so exhausting we all live very busy lives this social marketing stuff is such a time vampire.

As an engineer I'm deeply offended by this association. As if anything marketing people do is "engineered". :lol

But yes, I've said it before - they could cut 80% of this social media marketing crap (and the associated staff), offer pre-order discounts, reduce shipping charges, improve their rewards system and STILL be money ahead vs. their current profit formula. They've been throwing money at us for the past 1.5 years and they still only get @20-25% of my HT pre-orders. The world is shrinking and IMO they won't be able to survive the competition if they don't recalibrate soon.

Back