Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And rewarding audience participation appears to be a thing of the past, so there's really no point in tuning in anymore. Very little of what they do is entertaining enough on its own. No point in trying the trivia contests unless you're really confident you know enough-and can read fast enough-to actually place in the top three spots. The rest of my week just opened up wiiiiiiiiiiiide.
yeah exactly. Why tune in when you don't even get anything if you lose. The whole lottery system thing as well is such a terrible idea. More of a con than a Pro.

Nobody likes how much they have butchered Rewards, apart from the fanboys that think Sideshow can do no wrong.

Too far gone now for them to revert things back to the old ways though.

Just received a $2 reward for participating in today's Cobbled Cosplay. But it says it's already hit its usage limit....:mad: Chatting with CS.

Okay weird, according to CS, a couple of rewards codes were generated with an error. If you copy and paste, it will not work. But if you click on the "redeem" button, it generates a correct code and it will add to your account.

Just received a $2 reward for participating in today's Cobbled Cosplay. But it says it's already hit its usage limit....:mad: Chatting with CS.
Are you 100% sure the reward email was for today's Cobbled Cosplay votes and not for your participation Monday? I had assumed they had, but from checking the LYGSS group, not everyone got theirs yesterday. Did you get an email yesterday and today or only today?

Are you 100% sure the reward email was for today's Cobbled Cosplay votes and not for your participation Monday? I had assumed they had, but from checking the LYGSS group, not everyone got theirs yesterday. Did you get an email yesterday and today or only today?
Yeah, I got one from the other day as well. It actually looks like they sent out duplicate Rewards Codes, from yesterday's event, to a certain amount of people.

Yeah, I got one from the other day as well. It actually looks like they sent out duplicate Rewards Codes, from yesterday's event, to a certain amount of people.
I'm confused. Did you got a duplicate code for voting on Monday or did you got a code for voting Monday and another code for voting today?

I'm confused. Did you got a duplicate code for voting on Monday or did you got a code for voting Monday and another code for voting today?
I voted both on Monday and today. Today they sent me the same reward code, for voting on today's event, that they sent on me Monday. Which is why when I cut & pasted it, I got the "limit exceeded" error. But when I clicked on the "redeem" button, it generated a wholly new reward code and applied it to my account.

Fantastic. So they haven't gone from everyone who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code to no one who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code in just two days, but it does sound like they've gone from everyone who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code to only a random selection of those who vote in Cobbled Cosplay get rewards codes in just two days, and that still sucks. And I'm still out. Screw it.

Fantastic. So they haven't gone from everyone who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code to no one who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code in just two days, but it does sound like they've gone from everyone who votes in Cobbled Cosplay gets a rewards code to only a random selection of those who vote in Cobbled Cosplay get rewards codes in just two days, and that still sucks. And I'm still out. Screw it.

They've really pulled the reins in tight.

Sideshow is a shopping channel, and I wouldn't watch a shopping channel out of choice.

I looked at as being paid to watch their drivel, because I can't see a high percentage of people watching their shows because they actually want to. lol

I praise you guys for getting through them. I tried but it was brutal. There’s no chemistry between the hosts, so many awkward moments and I literally don’t care about the subjects.

I praise you guys for getting through them. I tried but it was brutal. There’s no chemistry between the hosts, so many awkward moments and I literally don’t care about the subjects.

Yesterday there was a guy given the job of reading out things, and it was a like a child standing up in class, struggling trying to read a passage of a book out loud in monotone.

At first I thought he was doing it on purpose, because the other presenters kept laughing, But he did it the same each time.

They've really pulled the reins in tight.

Sideshow is a shopping channel, and I wouldn't watch a shopping channel out of choice.

I looked at as being paid to watch their drivel, because I can't see a high percentage of people watching their shows because they actually want to. lol
It's like I said a few days ago (yesterday?), the folks in marketing are looking for maximum engagement while giving out minimum incentive. They had what I had accepted as a fair balance (not what I would prefer but still fair), but I didn't think it would be sustainable, especially over a week-long event, and it seems it's unsurprisingly proved to be too much work for them, so they decided to pull back. And then they pulled back again. So now they'll see that their audience is going to pull back, too. I kinda doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, if they see their viewership drop significantly enough by the end of the week or, more realistically, by the end of their August event week, they'll figure out this is a bad marketing strategy and go back to the way things were before they discovered that damned app.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Today's email code was titled for "Trivial Cahoots" but in the body it was the exact same message from Monday's Cobbled Cosplay. So today's was for either Monday's or Tuesday's "Trivial Cahoots".

It's like I said a few days ago (yesterday?), the folks in marketing are looking for maximum engagement while giving out minimum incentive. They had what I had accepted as a fair balance (not what I would prefer but still fair), but I didn't think it would be sustainable, especially over a week-long event, and it seems it's unsurprisingly proved to be too much work for them, so they decided to pull back. And then they pulled back again. So now they'll see that their audience is going to pull back, too. I kinda doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, if they see their viewership drop significantly enough by the end of the week or, more realistically, by the end of their August event week, they'll figure out this is a bad marketing strategy and go back to the way things were before they discovered that damned app.

artworks-000415383099-1kf5n4-t500x500.jpg

:(

I don't think viewership will drop significantly by the end of this week as most people will still be hoping email codes for attending events will show up between now & the end of next week. But if that doesn't happen then yes, I would expect their attendance to drop off precipitously.

Back