Colonel Phillips from Captain America (Update on Page 2!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke314pi

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: Updated image on Page 2 with new head!

Colonel Phillips was one of my favorite characters in the Cap movie, and since the odds are very slim that HT would make him, I decided to customize him:

colonel01.jpg

colonel02.jpg

colonel03.jpg

colonel04.jpg

colonel05.jpg

The head sculpt is from Spenser here at the Freaks board, and I painted it to look like Tommy Lee Jones in this movie. The body and clothing are from a DiD 101st Airborne Division figure. I made several modifications to the clothing to make it more movie accurate. I also changed some of his badges. The lapel badges with the eagle in the circle were cast in pewter for me by Tony Barton. His helmet pin is from OpsGear. His rank bars are custom printed on canvas paper. The WW2 shotgun is from a DiD Barney: USMC Shotgunner.

I'm still not sure how I am going to display him yet. Which do you guys thinks looks better: formal wear, field gear with helmet, or field gear without helmet?

Last edited:
Re: Colonel Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones) from Captain America

That's a great headsculpt and a great custom job. I'd say go for displaying the formal gear as it's the most iconic for me.

Nice work and Spencer did a great job on the sculpt.

Great work Luke! I would also go with the more formal look, unless you want to do an action scene.

Great, great job!!!! The head is awesome!! The formal uniform looks great!
Really like the details on it, even have the SSR pins on the collar!

:yess::yess:

Great job, Luke!! I wouldn't mind having that in my collection.

Hi, I am also interested in SSR lower colar pins.
Who is selling those ? May I have the contact please ??

Thanks.
Dan

3 week time frame for the new mold and casts. I've told him others will be interested as well. I want at least 8.

I needed a well tailored men's suit and body for another custom (The Silence from Doctor Who), and I had the opportunity to get the Enterbay Agent K from Men in Black for only $110 shipped, so I picked it up and replaced the head on my Colonel Phillips custom. My original head (seen here) wasn't terrible, but I much prefer the new one. :)

colonelphillips_zpsd18601a1.jpg

Hi, I am also interested in SSR lower colar pins.
Who is selling those ? May I have the contact please ??

Thanks.
Dan

The link to Tony Barton's web site in the first post of this thread still works, and he is the guy who makes those.

Back