Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection - Blondie / The Man With No Name PF (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for sharing…The downgrade on the head paint apps seems steep from what you can glimpse at the end of their video, which is pretty lame when the rest of the statue is covered by cloth so no real excuse not to bring it on the head sculpt. Looks very flat here, like unfinished. Not sure I can bring myself to follow through with this one…they keep doing my boy Blondie dirty. Also kinda disingenuous when these companies continue to use the prototype image to advertise a final product unveiling video imo.

IMG_1491.jpeg

IMG_1492.jpeg

Last edited:
yea that’s about what to expect from sideshow. Would probably look really good with a repaint. It’s sad that the hands seem to be painted well and the rest of the statue looks like a win, but the headsculpt kills it.

Oh dear lord! :shakingfist: How much does this cost?
$640 before taxes and shipping.

Well, that sculpt paint app looks like it’s going to need some improvement. That’s unfortunate, but still in. He could use some weathering too. Looks like another project to add to the list :horror

Hope it's just harsh lighting. It looks like something from Diamond Select.
Funny you mention Diamond Select.

I recently cancelled 3 or 4 Diamond Select POs for their Indiana Jones statues (1/7 scale?).

Their prototypes were somewhat passable (relative to their low price) but the final product was garbage, big downgrade in paint apps - much like this Sideshow Clint Eastwood PF.

Looks like Sideshow finally put up photos of the actual production piece on the product page, mixed in with the prototype images. While the paint is definitely too flat/cartoonish and a bigger drop than should be expected, I think that unboxing video used overly warm, harsh lighting or something because these photos at least give some hope that it will look passable under more…dramatic…lighting conditions (aka strategic shadows to mask the quality of the paint job lol). Not sure when we’d get another representation of him at this scale, so I’m still debating on pulling the trigger, seeing what it’s like in-hand, and possibly taking a stab at weathering him up a bit myself if I decide to keep him.

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg

Edit:
Starting to ship now.

IMG_1840.jpeg

Last edited:
Got Blondie in.

First impressions confirm that the sculpt paint is flatter and more caricature-like compared to the prototype, but there is definitely more depth/speckling to the skin and color variations across the face that the initial unboxing video failed to showcase with the overly harsh warm ‘western’ lighting.

The beard and hair at the edges of the hat are what stick out the most to me, and I’m debating touching him up and maybe doing some washes there. There is subtle weathering on the clothing, but that’s also an area where some further customization could help. The proportions, soft goods, and tailoring really elevate this to a more life-like level despite the shortcomings. From more than a foot or two away, I see a mini 1/4 Blondie in an iconic pose, and for that I am happy enough to hold onto him.

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg
IMG_2013.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg

Size comparison with other Sideshow PF’s:
IMG_2016.jpeg

Back