Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks good in his updated photo, but a lot has to do with lighting with this sculpt. His before and after are from different angles, which accentuates the difference.
Yeah I started to notice that when I looked a bit more closely still a good weathering job

I didn't know Justin was getting these.

I think his reviews of Joel and the Clicker slipped by unnoticed.

Justin's seamless arm broke in the exact same place as mine when I swapped it out.

EDIT:

This video popped up in the sidebar to Justin's:

Last edited:
Random question as I'll probably swap out those seamless arms due to tearing. Any tips on taking them off?

Also what body is this using? Waiting for mine to arrive bit the bullet.

Random question as I'll probably swap out those seamless arms due to tearing. Any tips on taking them off?

I found the best way was to twist them backwards until they popped free.

The first one I did snapped inside just as Justin's did in his video, because I was trying to pull the arm out rather than twist it out.

Also what body is this using? Waiting for mine to arrive bit the bullet.

It looks like a regular Pop Toys. Not the semi seamless Xing type, in spite of the seamless arms they put in, as the legs have exposed joints.

60196BBB-A5C6-4617-9507-B4516570E823.jpeg

making my favorite character of the games! 🥰.

Im gonna make a little mouthmask out of a real mask and hope that it covers up the head enough that you cant see who it is.

Just needs a bucket of red paint and it’ll be done 🥲

My Joel is finally here. So glad to have him in the display! Ellie should be here on monday. Thought I’d go with the guitar pose but forgot I had ordered custom stands for them so I switched it up and went with his beloved coffee mug, a nice brew before going off to shoot some infected 🤣

Attachments

• 5B5526B9-9BE5-41D5-975D-A39620A6EC22.jpeg
    5B5526B9-9BE5-41D5-975D-A39620A6EC22.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 67
I've been seeing some inspiring Washington Liberation Front and Seraphite customs on Facebook recently.

Over the years I've bought numerous random figures to represent the survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Since my choice of apocalypse is now the world of TLOU, I've been attempting to make those figures less random and more meaningful.

VTS' Darkzone range is a great source since the figures are so well detailed. The blue jacketed Tracy (VM-019R) became the base for my stab at an Abby. I've changed the male agent (VM-017) numerous times since I got him, and now I think I'm finally there.

There's one caveat: VTS based these on Tom Clancy's The Division, so the backpacks all have a single cross strap rather than TLOU's more traditional design. However, the packs are so elaborate and well-stocked that I think I'll stick with it, rather than opting for Joel's unused TLOU2 pack.

So this is VM-017 representing a WLF soldier with CC Toys' TLOU Joel winter jacket; EKUAZ' Grim Reaper gas mask; Art Figures' Tom Hardy Max sculpt (so as not to risk damaging the VTS head), and a machete from CGL's Carl Grimes:

51570611097_04ba200bf9_o.jpg

51570611062_d15bd06746_o.jpg

51572099129_dc2d658294_o.jpg

51572099084_1215a12621_o.jpg

The iconic look to me is the hood and gas mask combination, which also recalls the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. videogames (which lead me to their inspiration, Tarkovsy's Stalker from 1979, a film I love returning to).

On the subject of gas masks, the Darkzone figures come with half-face versions, whereas I think every depiction in the TLOU series is of a full face mask. Looking into how people become infected, it's either through inhalation of the spores or "coming into contact with an Infected's bodily fluids, usually from a bite."

Theoretically, a half face mask ought to be just as good as a full one. So my EKUAZ Grim Reaper with his broken lens isn't about to get infected after all. :lol

This is a good resource for the character costume designs from TLOU2, though the colours appear somewhat more muted than they do in the actual game:

Last edited:
Still confused as to why Ellies shirt is so light? I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a darker green right?
Yea they went with Ellies tanktop from her Santa Barbara outfit, just like MTtoys did. However CCtoys decided to give the top sleeves, so it’s technically not even a tanktop anymore and it’s neither accurate for the character model with the shirt nor for the santa barbara model.

I think MTToys went with the tanktop so that you could take off the shirt and technically have a second outfit for Ellie. But yea CC messed up.

Im planning on dyeing mine or replacing it for another shirt, and just adding more blood to it since its completely clean now.

Still waiting on mine from onesixthoufitters should be getting them in soon they have Joel but since I got the clicker and ellie as well they are going to send them out when they all arrive

I really enjoyed this review, he makes very good points.

My overall review is:
I think the figure is pretty good overall. But a calm headsculpt is a must and several accessories are not completely game accurate which is a shame. Good thing I can switch it up with some Master team parts.

Also: I didnt even realise you could remove the silencer from her gun until he mentioned it lol. I was too scared to break it to even try. 😅

Back