Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone changed or modded Clicker to hide those horrible hand pegs? I tried with a bit of rag and with the bandage material supplied with Joe (just added a bit brown paint) but still not quite there.
I think they messed up on the arms badly for the clicker. I know sculpting new bodies is crazy expensive for these companies but at least some better, more infected forearms would've made a HUGE difference I feel. He's the only CC Last of Us piece I didn't purchase, for that reason alone. Hope I don't regret it later. Yours looks a ton better though! Great modding!

Did anyone changed or modded Clicker to hide those horrible hand pegs? I tried with a bit of rag and with the bandage material supplied with Joe (just added a bit brown paint) but still not quite there.

I haven't felt inspired enough to do anything at all with the Clicker.

Originally I expected I'd be putting a ripped up long sleeved shirt or jacket on him, to both cover the arms and differentiate him from TLOU2 Ellie's appearance.

When I saw CC had painted his arms I left him as is, but put him at the back of the TLOU shelf. His outfit colours actually create a nice contrast to the Part 1 figures. Back there his wrist joints don't stand out too badly either.

100_1041 (1).JPG

Attachments

• 100_1041.JPG
    100_1041.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Mine's coming from HK so I still got a few more days to wait for both her and Joel but I gotta say I'm super excited to get them in hand.

Mine's from OneSixthKit in HK, but his delivery method now, using 4PX, is about as fast as it was before Covid. This one will have taken seven days, but the previous three orders were only five to six days. Somehow 4PX manage to get the parcels onto flights very quickly, and that includes taking them from HK to mainland China for processing, and then back to HK airport.

At the moment it makes OSK my preferred place to order from. Though I haven't had an order from KG Hobby or TNS recently to compare.

I agree wholeheartedly about the CC angry sculpt. I'm probably gonna use that in my display and have calm sweet Joel play guitar next to her to emphasize the contrast :lol Never liked the MT angry sculpt to begin with, it looks cartoony.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to holding the sculpts and seeing how they look from various angles.

MT's calm will likely remain my favourite, and will end up on the CC figure wearing her hoody.

Then it'll be a toss up between CC's angry and calm for the MT figure.

etnies03:

Now I'll just be waiting for an Abby and a Lev, if not from CC at least from MT or another third party company. I know the chances are slim but I hope we get a Day 2 'The Descent' Abby with a crossbow, flamethrower, auto rifle and black jacket. And of course, the golf club...

It's an unpopular opinion, but I really liked Abby. As GamingWin concluded in his video, as much as he initially didn't like her character or the direction of the game, he eventually came to appreciate that Naughty Dog had rejected going the fan service route. They decided to make the player - or viewer in my case - feel something instead. They knew it wouldn't be universally well received, but for those that did stay on board the pay off was immense.

TLOU2 could have been 'just another game', but after it ended I was feeling it for days. There was so much to process, from Joel's final cut scene on the porch with Ellie, to the final confrontation with the broken Abby, the return to the empty farm with the guitar Ellie could no longer even play. :monkey2

I'd love an Abby figure, or two. Lev would also be a good companion for her.

Hope you get your Ellie soon! Post pics if you have time :wave

I'll be sure to. :)

It's an unpopular opinion, but I really liked Abby. As GamingWin concluded in his video, as much as he initially didn't like her character or the direction of the game, he eventually came to appreciate that Naughty Dog had rejected going the fan service route. They decided to make the player - or viewer in my case - feel something instead. They knew it wouldn't be universally well received, but for those that did stay on board the pay off was immense.

TLOU2 could have been 'just another game', but after it ended I was feeling it for days. There was so much to process, from Joel's final cut scene on the porch with Ellie, to the final confrontation with the broken Abby, the return to the empty farm with the guitar Ellie could no longer even play. :monkey2

I couldn't agree more. The story of part 2 is beautiful and makes you feel so many type of ways. The first time I finished the game I still hated Abby at the end. But the second time I started warming up to her more. Abby has a harder time expressing her feelings to other people than Ellie and I think this is a big reason why most people don't like Abby. Abby always has her walls pulled up and it makes her seem like a mindless killer when in reality she has many insecurities and demons just like anyone else.

I think the beautiful thing about this game is that everyone has their own unique take on the story and this could result in having meaningful discussion/conversation about our ethical values as human beings on these kind of topics. Like is it OK to murder someone because they murdered someone you loved? Is forgiveness always an option? Can a murderer ever be forgiven at all?

But instead of these conversations, people just throw a bunch of hate at it because the story didn't go the Marvel route
(noble athletic hero fights off some vague badguy with a bunch of obstacles in their way).

Im sad that the game has the fanbase so divided, this makes the probability of ever getting more Abby and Lev extremely small.

I'm in the 'I love the game' crowd, and I'm sad the figures released so far may be all we'll see. I'd like an Ellie 'Santa Barbara' figure, and an Abby figure but don't know how they would achieve that.
They could use a male phicen body. Someone made a custom Abby and it looked pretty accurate

I've expressed my thoughts on the game multiple times but regardless of anyone's opinion I think an Abby figure has a very slim chance of ever getting made.

First and most important of all, the body would have to be an entirely new mold, "but they can just use a male body" yeah they could and she would have the wrong height and porportions, then there's the whole controversy regarding her design, which isn't appealing to most chinese collectors, I don't really care about that to be honest but it's something that must be taken into account, and then of course there is a large portion of the fanbase that dislikes her character, there's a reason every time Joel is brought up now there's always a golf meme to be found.

Of course there's another large portion that likes her as well but from what I've seen that portion isn't the one shelling out over $100 for figures, most of them were complaining about the Dark Horse statue prices which ranged from $100 to $200. I'm not trying to crush anybody's hopes for a figure of her to happen, I just don't believe it's as likely as more figures of Joel and Ellie getting made, especially with the TV show and TLOU1 video game remake on the horizon.

And Lev is just extremely forgettable, I keep forgetting about him among many other characters from the game tbh.

I really loved the game as well I respect other people's opinions on the game even though I might not agree with them on things, I can understand why they didn't like it but looking back on it before the game released and I happened to see the leaks I remember seeing a whole bunch of videos coming out about the company and Neil druckman and the game being an SJW extravaganza,abby being a transgender and that Anita Sarkisian had a big hand in the story when in reality most if not all of that stuff was false.Just misinformation going back and forth on the internet.I fell into the hate at first but before the game came out I told myself I would give it a chance and I'm glad I did.It was one of the best gaming experiences of my life same goes for the first game.I remember the first time I beat the game I couldn't stop thinking about it for months trying to comprehend what I had played and since then I've replayed it multiple times finding new and interesting dialogue and gameplay moments each time and really understanding the messages of the story and different interpretations,and the characters seeing how they progress and change through the experience. If I'm being completely honest and truthful with you guys this game actually helped me with some personal and mental issues that was going on in my life at the time especially with it being 2020 and without going into too much detail on how It helped me making this post 10 paragraphs long,all ill say is it taught me that no matter how bad things get there is always a light at the end of the tunnel as they say and that a part of healing is learning to forgive.The Last of Us Part 2 is one of the most emotional,amazing gaming experiences of my life and I'm glad that the team at Naughty Dog took the time and effort to make such a detailed and thought provoking experience
Anyway sorry about the rambling I just sometimes like to talk about the game and I'm glad that people here are open minded and are willing to listen to others.I can't wait to see Joel and ellie it will be soon...

CC Toys' Ellie arrived.

I've spent a while just looking at the sculpts, and comparing them to MT's. CC's really are quite good, and I can see Ellie in both company's. It's just that CC's expressions are much more intense.

There's such an intensity in CC's less angry head, that Ellie looks murderous. It's a focused stare with a furrowed brow.

The more angry head transforms as you move it in different directions. Looking straight on it conveys fear, but when you tilt it down, as in Naughty Dog's promotional image, you begin to see the anger. It's a lot better than MT's angrier sculpt.

I'm having a hard time deciding which I prefer between MT's calm and CC's less angry since they're both good, but just convey different moods. MT's has a slight intensity, but is reminiscent of the sweeter demeanour of the younger Ellie.

As both companies used the same body CC's is, of course, too short. According to her modeller, Soa Lee, Ellie was 5' 5" at 19. With the MT I achieved that by using ankle extenders, which I think came from a Pop Toys body. I hacksawed a few millimetres off them and plugged them onto the leg's ball joints. The extensions sit unconnected inside the shoes.

For the CC I achieved the same effect more simply, by just packing the shoes with white tack for the pegs to push down into until the height was right.

While the bodies are the same, it appears that MT's is the suntan version, and CC's the pale.

CC's comes with a belt on the jeans, but I took it off as the buckle is so thick that it deforms the vest too much.

This is as far as I've got.

51531654570_8fabdedf4c_o.jpg

These shots were grabbed close up with the flash:

51531446224_c14940de42_o.jpg

51531464724_16d71f712c_o.jpg

51531499299_9ebf8c5cfc_o.jpg

What I'm finding in trying out the angrier sculpt is that it's so dependent upon angle that the figure would need to be below eye level for it to work if you want it face on.

I tried to get above her, but still didn't get high enough to capture the anger:

51529979092_030b54d918_o.jpg

The sculpt is so problematic in being dependent on angle that I think I'll be sticking with CC's less angry version.

I’m still 10000% convinced that Master Team is way better sculpt wise. The eyes and nose just don’t look right on CCToys.

Another thing that annoys me with both releases, but more on the CCtoys one is that she doesn’t wear the tanktop under that shirt. She just wears a normal grey/green t-shirt.

And CCToys gave her tanktop sleeves for no reason. Its not even a tanktop anymore.

8CEDF870-F390-4768-8630-8A7F499C774A.png

I’m still 10000% convinced that Master Team is way better sculpt wise. The eyes and nose just don’t look right on CCToys.

I'm surprised how much I like CC's less angry sculpt though. It has a different quality in hand, as opposed to in photographs.

It's ironic that the MT has a darker body and paler sculpt, while the CC has a paler body and darker sculpt. I might switch them over, which was my original intention.

Getting the rubber covered limbs out wasn't easy and I think the left one broke inside high up as the joint became loose. I pulled the rubber section off and it revealed a metal plate with a hole in the end attached to the shoulder ball joint. On pushing the piece back inside the rubber it didn't want to connect to anything, so it was probably broken. The arm will still function if needed, though I don't think I'll ever be using that pair again.

51531303083_bf7f586ea5_o.jpg

51531059231_3189a75c43_o.jpg

51531059186_9284b7b8dc_o.jpg

Another thing that annoys me with both releases, but more on the CCtoys one is that she doesn’t wear the tanktop under that shirt. She just wears a normal grey/green t-shirt.
And CCToys gave her tanktop sleeves for no reason. Its not even a tanktop anymore.
Does Ellie wear a grey/green tee though? Back on page 66 on the Last of Us cosplay images they describe it as off white. Unless it looks green in some shots because of sweat and dirt. Man I'll have to play the game again.

I switched the sculpts over and I think they work better this way.

The CC head was a lot harder to photograph than MT's. The camera flash was creating a strange effect, totally transforming the expression from further away, and washing it out when closer.

Just as I was about to give up I managed to get this shot of the CC sculpt on the MT figure:

51531887214_f82d45460d_o.jpg

From further away the flash just made her look grumpy!

51530353732_27974af742_o.jpg

The MT sculpt on the CC figure:

51531875704_708de90eef_o.jpg

51530353752_0e20e831a9_o.jpg

51532082260_f9be0893d8_o.jpg

Does Ellie wear a grey/green tee though? Back on page 66 on the Last of Us cosplay images they describe it as off white. Unless it looks green in some shots because of sweat and dirt. Man I'll have to play the game again.
Im 100% sure its atleast a grey t-shirt. No way that its white. Ive been playing through the game and the shirt is a dark color from the beginning till the end. Only when ellie arrives in santa barbara she’s wearing just a tanktop.

I swapped the stands along with the sculpts, because the taller CC base worked better at the back of the shelf.

The camera is still making the CC sculpt look odd from further away!

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

Last edited:
51531464724_16d71f712c_o.jpg

What I'm finding in trying out the angrier sculpt is that it's so dependent upon angle that the figure would need to be below eye level for it to work if you want it face on.
This one’s the moneymaker right here in my personal opinion. I don’t need part II Ellie to look cute and calm, I need her to remind me of Part II game Ellie and this sculpt hits a sweet spot for me. Yes and yes! Fickled with the light hue a bit, I mean look at this:

108B2813-047A-452F-A2BC-8895F14DB3BC.jpeg

That’s my Ellie! Thanks so much for the pics Asta, you are a champ! Can’t wait to get mine in hand!

This one’s the moneymaker right here in my personal opinion. I don’t need part II Ellie to look cute and calm, I need her to remind me of Part II game Ellie and this sculpt hits a sweet spot for me. Yes and yes! Fickled with the light hue a bit, I mean look at this:

View attachment 539995

That’s my Ellie! Thanks so much for the pics Asta, you are a champ! Can’t wait to get mine in hand!
Wow that light change really made a difference also thanks for the extra pics Asta it looks really good

Some progress on my diorama. Still a lot to be done. Hopefully I can finish it before Ellie gets here

05F52EF4-A90D-4CDD-BF3F-42AF2DDB99C1.jpeg

Attachments

• AE56E78B-4165-4383-8A04-B0074496BB85.jpeg
    AE56E78B-4165-4383-8A04-B0074496BB85.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 8230DE01-C1D9-48C3-B78A-1EDFEFD3AC97.jpeg
    8230DE01-C1D9-48C3-B78A-1EDFEFD3AC97.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 4E8BF211-3260-4F6E-ACA0-29FCB6A248C6.jpeg
    4E8BF211-3260-4F6E-ACA0-29FCB6A248C6.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 83
The CC sculpt is very strange to try and photograph.

I moved her head and tried again.

Took a few goes to get her in focus close up, and this is pretty accurate:

51535469934_b5374fca4d_o.jpg

From further back it's difficult as the camera makes her look even more intense by accentuating her eyes, but this was as near as I could capture how she looks on the shelf:

12.jpg

Forgot to make a point before that CC's Ellie didn't have any missing or broken pieces, unlike Joel and the Clicker. And those replacements from OSK have already landed in the UK.

Last edited:
Back