BvS Superman or Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega9300

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I was wondering if you could only have one Superman figure would you choose the BvS or the Justice League figure and why?

I'd probably go Justice League because the colours are brighter. I got the BvS when it came out and the blue is probably a little too dark. I can't be bothered selling it so I'm sticking with it, seeing as they both have the same head sculpt and asymmetrical shoulders. I'd never use the angry sculpt. Now if they had improved the JL version instead of it being a repaint then I would have swapped.

I'm crossing my fingers QS do some BvS figures.

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I was wondering if you could only have one Superman figure would you choose the BvS or the Justice League figure and why?
Justice League for me as I like the costume better.

Time will tell if this will happen to the JL version, but the BvS one is plagued with a brown stain on the chest thanks to the glue hot toys used.

Between the brown chest stain and darker color, it's easy to see why BvS, while not a let down, is not the preferred figure. The JL version has really nice colors that pop and the extra head, butt the base figure and the primary sculpt is the same. Both versions have pretty large stands. The BvS stands have a massive footprint, and the JL stands are annoyingly tall. I want to say that I prefer the BvS cape, but I can't recall and both are at my office.

Hello all,

I think it boils down to what suit colour you ultimately prefer, as they're very similar figures. I don't own the BvS version but I quite like the JL Supes; the suit is more vibrant in Superman's more classic color scheme plus it has an alternate head sculpt with an intense expression.

Thanks for the input guys!!!

I had no idea about the “brown spot” issue that is really unfortunate!

As far as color is concerned It is difficult for me bk I tend to gravitate toward more muted colors but BvS seems a little too dark. JL Superman is a little bright for me but as some have mentioned he will stand out which isn’t a bad thing. Do you find Superman’s bright color to clash with the more muted tones of the other Justice League members or do you find the contrast pleasant?

is the asymmetry in the shoulders due to padding or the actual plastic piece? I thought I saw something weird with the shoulders in pictures but figured it was due to angles or something. Has anyone tried to modify this?

I have only the JL figure. I do like the dark blue of the BvS suit in the film a lot. But I gotta say, the chrome underneath the brighter blue of the JL suits looks absolutely stunning to me. The chrome’s effect is very subtle, but it is adds that extra special ingredient. From what I’ve read HT’s repaint of the BvS head sculpt for the JL version is a subtle improvement as well. His complexion is a bit paler which is consistent with how Cavil actually looks.

The only complaints I have are relatively minor. The neck is a smidge too long. The shoulders are a smidge too big. And the laser eyes rage face head sculpt isn’t really appealing to me personally, so I never display the figure with it on.

But those are all small nitpicks, and to my eye not noticeable at all. It is an absolutely gorgeous figure.

I look forward to comparing JL Superman with ZSJL black suit Superman!

Thanks for the input guys!!!

I had no idea about the “brown spot” issue that is really unfortunate!

As far as color is concerned It is difficult for me bk I tend to gravitate toward more muted colors but BvS seems a little too dark. JL Superman is a little bright for me but as some have mentioned he will stand out which isn’t a bad thing. Do you find Superman’s bright color to clash with the more muted tones of the other Justice League members or do you find the contrast pleasant?

is the asymmetry in the shoulders due to padding or the actual plastic piece? I thought I saw something weird with the shoulders in pictures but figured it was due to angles or something. Has anyone tried to modify this?
The JL colors really look great to me with the League. It makes him stand out. He does look super. In my experience though the actual material used on the BvS version holds up better than the slightly gummy JL version.

... I realize that I love both equally. While acknowledging neither are perfect, both are great figures.

The shoulders are the plastic body. I've never taken issues with the shoulders. I've never met a symmetrical human irl.

JL's blue was never that blue even in the josstice league, not to mention ZSJL. Zack never intended for it to be that blue, it's only blue behind the scenes to satisfy WB, but the intention was always to make it black.

If you're not aware, a new black suit superman is coming in the fall*

JL's blue was never that blue even in the josstice league, not to mention ZSJL. Zack never intended for it to be that blue, it's only blue behind the scenes to satisfy WB, but the intention was always to make it black.

If you're not aware, a new black suit superman is coming in the fall*
I didn’t know about the color being some sort of appeasement to WB, that is really interesting.

Yeah I did see the black suit Superman (packaged w Batman). I think the black looks is really cool for him. But since I only get one version of any character I try to get the version that seems to be (for me) the best single representation of the character, so the black suit is not an option for me.

Here’a featurette that was released for the theater release of JL. Hot Toys made it a bright, more saturated blue than it appeared in this featurette. In Josstice League Whedon changed the color grading to make the suit look an awful almost turquoise color.

1559E230-747B-4207-A0B9-BB19B4647052.jpeg

7B64051D-83D9-4CFE-9E07-50B068137CD9.jpeg

Here’a featurette that was released for the theater release of JL. Hot Toys made it a bright, more saturated blue than it appeared in this featurette. In Josstice League Whedon changed the color grading to make the suit look an awful almost turquoise color.

View attachment 572530

View attachment 572531

Wow!

That’s an odd choice to make by Whedon, good thing Hot Toys went in a different direction.

It really simply comes down to suit color preference, since they’re essentially the same figure. That’s really it.

BvS has the glue residue issue on the suit above the S, but some are worse than others. Some I’ve seen caked in it. Mine luckily has been okay, and only has a slight tint of gold when put underneath a bright light. Under normal lighting it looks fine. I really liked BvS UE, so I’m sticking with my BvS figure. I also like that he can represent the Knightmare angle should you decide to collect some Knightmare figures.

Since ZSJL was released, the JL one now is basically just a brighter suit version of BvS. It has the additional heat vision sculpt, which to me is sorta a gimmick since I never use light up features on my figures. Some of the S logos on the suit I’ve noticed have been inconsistent, with some for whatever reason being smaller and others being a larger (correct) size.

It really simply comes down to suit color preference, since they’re essentially the same figure. That’s really it.

BvS has the glue residue issue on the suit above the S, but some are worse than others. Some I’ve seen caked in it. Mine luckily has been okay, and only has a slight tint of gold when put underneath a bright light. Under normal lighting it looks fine. I really liked BvS UE, so I’m sticking with my BvS figure. I also like that he can represent the Knightmare angle should you decide to collect some Knightmare figures.

Since ZSJL was released, the JL one now is basically just a brighter suit version of BvS. It has the additional heat vision sculpt, which to me is sorta a gimmick since I never use light up features on my figures. Some of the S logos on the suit I’ve noticed have been inconsistent, with some for whatever reason being smaller and others being a larger (correct) size.
Yeah, I think it is cool that the Justice League version includes that heat vision sculpt but if I picked up that version I would likely never use it.

But overall it seems like the only real differences are the color saturation and the cape. My natural preference is for the darker more muted color but in some pictures/lighting the JL version color doesn’t seem so bright. It is a beautiful figure and would stand out on the shelf a lot but I’m just not sure if he is too bright.

On the other hand BvS Superman is also great looking and more my preference but I wonder if he would look a little too dark in my display. That said for some reason the darker blue does add a more serious atmosphere to the figure. The stain above the S does concern me a little but I have looked on this forum and seen what seems like a pretty easy solution to the issue if I get this version and it bothers me a lot.

I am going to decide sometime today then hunt one of these guys down. Either way seems like I will end up with a great figure!

If someone would have told me 6months ago that I would be putting this much thought into getting a Superman figure I would have told them that they were crazy. Now I am looking forward to having a representation of this character in my collection.

Thanks again to all you guys who have shared your thoughts on this rather than just criticizing me as some indecisive knuckle head. This is a great community.

1650254047473.jpeg

justice League. Specially if you have an LED in your display, the blue is magnificicent. whenever the light hits it right, the chrome body has this really cool gleam.
I recommend though to get one of those cheaper onesixthkit JL head which brings it to another level.
I personally prefer Jaxxon’s custom head which I painted myself. But I really like the onesixthkit head also which is the best bang for your buck as it’s already painted and inexpensive.

Last edited:
View attachment 572611
justice League. Specially if you have an LED in your display, the blue is magnificicent. whenever the light hits it right, the chrome body has this really cool gleam.
I recommend though to get one of those cheaper onesixthkit JL which brings it to another level.
I personally prefer Jaxxon’s custom head which I painted myself. But I really like the onesixthkit head also which is the best bang for your buck as it’s already painted and inexpensive.
Looks really nice Remy, love the pose and the lighting!

Back