BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So bored of waiting for this guy. I guess it will have been 2 years from order to ship at this rate...?

This was supposed to be April release right? No updates in April and now May is almost over too... I thought they were "almost done" ?

Annoyed and disappointed.

So bored of waiting for this guy. I guess it will have been 2 years from order to ship at this rate...?

This was supposed to be April release right? No updates in April and now May is almost over too... I thought they were "almost done" ?

Annoyed and disappointed.
Well it was supposed to be 3Q of last year. Then the end of the last year. Then February. Then April. Now, who knows.

We did see the pictures of all the pieces made and ready to be assembled, but I'm fairly surprised we're going into June and there's still no word on anything. For a brand on their first figure, you'd think they'd want to assure people this is coming soon.

I'm at the point that I'm wondering if I still need this figure. Just because the show is subpar, and I was buying it more because I liked Cavill's portrayal of Geralt, even if the show's storyline wasn't great.

I hate to be that guy, but, @Kit Chen, is there any chance you might have some information on this? I normally wouldn't ask but we're a month away from it being 3Q...a year later.

It’s got to be done any day now surely!? It looked done from the photos? What’s happened? So many questions

For a company on their first release Buzztoys really should either address all of these delays or at the very least give indications of an ETA to suppliers. I've had this on order through an Australian retailer for about a year and a half now.

To be honest, I think the SooSoo Toys version may actually beat this figure to the punch. Which wont be good in two ways for the company.
Firstly, SSTs version being a season 2 variant will most likely satiate any craving Witcher collectors may have had for a Netflix Geralt.
Second, the sheer amount of delays and postponements pretty much washes away any confidence collectors had about ordering follow up pieces from Buzztoys. Even if they were to release their next piece in 6 months from announcement to ship date.

I've waited relatively patiently for this figure but at this point even I'm starting to get that itch. 3rd party companies used to be the far quicker alternative. Take Present Toys, Marstoys, Thundertoys, LIMToys, Enterbay just to name a few as examples. Not only have they released several figures in the past year, they have also stuck to pretty rigid release schedules.

This doesnt bode well for Buzztoys, even if they are a subsidiary of another, larger company. I'm pretty certain the name BuzzToys is going to fade into obscurity with their first figure regardless ofany artistry or quality the final product may possess.

Just my 2cents on the topic 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah, at this point I don't think I would buy another BuzzToys figure. The lack of communication from a new brand, related to another company or not, is just not good. There should be extra transparency from what's going from them, not radio silence. It's their first figure.

I think I'm giving this until the end of June and I'm just going to cancel if it's not out. It's just not sitting right with me at this stage.

I feel the same. This seems to be taking longer then one would hoped, I imagine SooSoo releasing theirs sooner and then announcing S3 Geralt as the final figure. It really is a shame because I was so excited for this.

If anything, this figure represents the show very well: A ton of hype fallen flat on its face, and overall laughably disappointing.
1685379983675.gif

Wait is okay, but radio silence from the company we trusted blindly isn't okay. I have preordered few and going to pay them over thousand dollars so I think me and everybody else deserves some kind of respect.
I mean just in general it would be nice if these third party companies had some kind of communication with the community. I have other 3 witcher figures on preorder by nine craftsmen haven't heard a word for 2+ years either.
Main reason I love and respect Limtoys is RRX and his posts and honesty.
Seems he doesn't post much any more tho... I hope he's okay.

Someone on Facebook said that their planned release is for May - June. They also said that Buzztoys allegedly will not remain afloat after they're done with this figure.

Take this with a grain of salt until confirmed by Buzztoys themselves.

Back