Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mint version done.
Now to the weekend weathering!
PXL_20221014_063342245.jpg

Awesome job. I just picked up the same blaster. I got a question. How do you turn off the led counter in the case I don't want to use it?

Awesome job. I just picked up the same blaster. I got a question. How do you turn off the led counter in the case I don't want to use it?
There is no on/off button for it. Pulling trigger activates it, and sleep timer turns it off if you just leave it.
You can also take out the batteries, but it will turn off the sound FX as well.

I didn't know there is a sleep timer. Was concerned if I just leave it the LEDs might eventually burn out

I'm going to do exactly what you have done. but also try to trim down and hide the middle barrel.

You can get the Movie prop replica for $1000, or Stunt prop replica for $600 or repainted Nerf version for $400
Or get this for $99 and have fun painting yourself :D
Or $200-$300 for an airsoft one...
Or a 3d printed one for as much as you want to pay...
Airsoft all the way for me (I've currently two); that said, I am slooowly building a hero live fire.

Finished upgrading Hicks with new head, body and display base.
That concludes my Aliens upgrade project for the time being.

I'm also sharing my display base Model for 3D print if anyone is interested. ( just do not sell and make money off of it please )
Please note It's 'base board only' without wire holder pole.

Hicks_Custom02.jpg

Hicks_Custom03.jpg

Hicks_Custom05.jpg

Hicks_Custom06.jpg

Last edited:
s-l1600p.jpg

Thought I'd share this. These are from Action Man, i.e. from vintage era 1/6th.

But I kept staring at it and it looked a little bit like Colonial Marine type bdus. With some good weathering, maybe some tea dye work, and some small modifications with sewing, I can see these being somewhat useful.

Just some thoughts. This is a great thread, I should dig out my HT Marines from the garage....

View attachment 615028

Thought I'd share this. These are from Action Man, i.e. from vintage era 1/6th.

But I kept staring at it and it looked a little bit like Colonial Marine type bdus. With some good weathering, maybe some tea dye work, and some small modifications with sewing, I can see these being somewhat useful.

Just some thoughts. This is a great thread, I should dig out my HT Marines from the garage....
Looks great! Show us what you can do!

Finished upgrading Hicks with new head, body and display base.
That concludes my Aliens upgrade project for the time being.

I'm also sharing my display base Model for 3D print if anyone is interested. ( just do not sell and make money off of it please )
Please note It's 'base board only' without wire holder pole.

View attachment 614793
View attachment 614794
View attachment 614795
View attachment 614796
Great looking displays and thank you for your generosity!

Hi anyone know what type of military cap that sgt. Apone is wearing when he was in the USS sulaco? The model ? Please help thanks

Back