Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to meet you too!
I got one from eBay with a very good price.. and since I got large feet, it's no problem for me. :D
You're welcome, always glad to help!
Hahah lucky, if you ever see one in a small size, send the link my way. For now I will have to be satisfied with all the other Bishop merch out there... there are several ID badges/tags/etc for him floating around Ebay and
Do you happen to know anything about the other 1/6 figures that exist for him? Unfortunately I've gotten so research-obsessed that I have an entire spreadsheet lol.
Checked out the link in your signature btw - beautiful art, that's amazing.

Hahah lucky, if you ever see one in a small size, send the link my way. For now I will have to be satisfied with all the other Bishop merch out there... there are several ID badges/tags/etc for him floating around Ebay and
Do you happen to know anything about the other 1/6 figures that exist for him? Unfortunately I've gotten so research-obsessed that I have an entire spreadsheet lol.
Checked out the link in your signature btw - beautiful art, that's amazing.
I have no idea about other 1/6 Bishop figures that exist. Hopefully there will be a decent 1/6 hs for him.
And thanks for the kind words about my artwork! :)

I have no idea about other 1/6 Bishop figures that exist. Hopefully there will be a decent 1/6 hs for him.
And thanks for the kind words about my artwork! :)
Oh man, if you ever want to know more about the Bishop head options that are out there, just say the word. Actually, I tried my hand at repainting one yesterday (a Frank Black Sideshow Bishop head) and although I'm not nearly confident enough yet to post the result, I think it worked okay. Will post tomorrow, possibly.

Working on Hicks & Bishop head
51786178593_ee42e2d7e5_b.jpg

51786545189_7799ffa758_b.jpg

I had Hicks showing little bit of hid teeth in original 3D model, but the details gone after printing..
Man, Mr. Lance Henriksen is now 81 years old! How time flies! He was 46 in Aliens...

I had Hicks showing little bit of hid teeth in original 3D model, but the details gone after printing..
Man, Mr. Lance Henriksen is now 81 years old! How time flies! He was 46 in Aliens...
Looks great! I would be interested if they will ever be for sale. I am in need of both these heads.

Looking very neat. I have some thoughts on the Bishop head if you're interested in some input - I spent about three months studying his face to build a 3d version of him (game model type, not a printable figure) so just let me know. (It's my current icon now.) For now I will say his face looks a bit wide and not long enough maybe? The mouth looks right on - not a lot of people get his lips right. Nose is not bad either. There's just something about the lower half of the face that needs a little more rechecking, probably. I have no doubt you'll get it since Hicks looks pretty excellent already.
I used this picture constantly while building my own Bishop because it captures the odd angles of his face so nicely. If you can match this picture, you have his face perfect, lol. There is a reason it took me as long as it did. Godspeed.
(Lance is pretty great. I can't believe he still uses Twitter at 81, but he does. I was lucky enough to talk to him once. What an awesome dude.)
Edited to add: I will totally buy one of these Bishops when you finish him. I want one of every Bishop out there.

_Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 10.22.10 PM.jpg

And now for my own latest Bishop post, slightly overdue...

1/6 Kitbash Bishop (Aliens) - quite old (10+ years) but now acquired and re-customized by me. Really happy to have him.

2021-12-30 21.12.42 copy.jpg

I found this little dude recently on Ebay, and as soon as I unboxed him I couldn’t resist doing a light repaint on his face and hair to add some color depth. He’s one of the gems of my small but increasing Bishop 1/6 collection (I just want one of each ever made, is that wrong?) His face is the Sideshow Frank Black, which apparently people have mixed opinions about, but it’s really grown on me.

_1J7KjLqpb copy.jpg

2021-12-30 21.09.49 copy.jpg

The dog tags, gear backpack, and watch are my own additions. He came with a facehugger, which is tucked inside the backpack, plus a dissection scalpel. Someone who owned him before me added the Weyland Yutani sleeve patch (should be the USS Sulaco patch - points for effort?) and gave him Ripley’s sneakers, which work pretty well for him. His sleeves were glued onto his wrists, but he wears them at elbow length, so I had to fix that; laboriously scraped off the glue and fabric bits, but it’s pretty unnoticeable now. (I don’t love his shiny forearms, but what are you gonna do?) I also kept his collar accurately open/folded back with some fabric tape, which reveals his neck seam but is much more movie-accurate.

Overall, he’s lovely and very well crafted and I’m really happy to have found him. This particular Bishop has a long history - I picked him up off Ebay from a seller who said he got him over ten years ago. I later managed to track down the original Ebay listing from his original creator, and get in touch with the guy. He’s pretty nice and I may be able to replace a few of Bishop’s accessories that got lost along the way, such as a blueprint facility map. He said he was happy that this Bishop was still alive (so to speak, lol), and I was happy to have found the Bishop at all. No doubt he will live on my desk for years to come.

More pics:

Thanks for the great input guys.
I always welcome feedback and I often use them for the update. I used about 20 photos of his face from various angles and traced his face features and outlines. Lack of his hair makes his face look short (this is always the case when printing head)
Stay tuned for the next update with paint and hair :)
Working on his shoes now. (Not sure if he actually had Reebok logo shown in his movie... Please let me know if anyone knows)
1640944757191.png

Thanks for the great input guys.
I always welcome feedback and I often use them for the update. I used about 20 photos of his face from various angles and traced his face features and outlines. Lack of his hair makes his face look short (this is always the case when printing head)
Stay tuned for the next update with paint and hair :)
Working on his shoes now. (Not sure if he actually had Reebok logo shown in his movie... Please let me know if anyone knows)
View attachment 553269
Oh man, the SHOES! Sign me up for more than one pair of those please. I have no doubt the face is going to look great too, very much looking forward to seeing the update. How do you manufacture these heads?
The Alien Stompers they reproduced later did have the logo but I'm really not sure whether they did in the movie; though I'm going to guess yes, it would probably also be fine either way. His pants always cover up the top of the sneakers, this is the clearest shot there is (I think) and you still can't tell.
Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 3.53.59 PM.jpg

A little more research shows that they had logo visible in the movie!
20C Fox officially had a deal with Reebok and send a guy to movie set to design and make shoes for Ripley and Bishop.
Very interesting indeed!
1640973729217.png

A little more research shows that they had logo visible in the movie!
20C Fox officially had a deal with Reebok and send a guy to movie set to design and make shoes for Ripley and Bishop.
Very interesting indeed!
View attachment 553343
Good finding! I wonder sometimes why they both have (basically) the same shoes. My theory is that they made both the high and mid design versions and let someone (Sigourney? Cameron?) pick which one Ripley should have, and then somebody thought of giving Bishop the other one (maybe Lance's idea). The in-universe explanation would have to be that they shop from the same space fashion catalog.

My personal favorite piece of trivia about accessories that both Ripley and Bishop have, is that the dude who did their watch designs also designed the Delorean.

Back