Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave Drake a new muscle body and posed with Vasquez to check their heights. It looks like they can work!
Also gave him minor face job and repaint + Hair
51654301719_0ed9fbd2a5_b.jpg

51654490820_2f99359cd7_b.jpg

51653853533_99bc9d6fe7_b.jpg

51652812177_3b9d83601b_b.jpg
Which bodies are those? M34? M35?

Oh M34 is not modified. M30 is the one I modified.
It's a male body and it didn't fit Vasquez armor, so I trimmed out silicon here and there (mostly waist area) to make it for the clothing and armor better.
Understood. Thanks buddy, and congrats!

Trying to finish my rework of Hicks and need his knife, padlock and little lock he has on his lighter pouch anybody has any leads?
Thanks

Hello everyone! I'm completely new to the world of 1/6 (though I'm a digital character artist) and I'm on a mission to collect 1/6 Bishops and research all available information about them. He's my all-time favorite character, and I have terrible completionist habits, so I'd like to limit myself to just him, but I really want one of each face sculpt that exists.
So, my question is this: does anyone have any clue where this Bishop face sculpt (attached) is from?? I've seen it on Ebay everywhere, and it seems to source back to China (it's on Chinese sites - possible source is Taobao?) but I CANNOT find the artist. There are hundreds of heads of this type, all very well done. I've been told "there is no manufacturer" when asking sellers about it. I want to buy it from the source because the artist did such a good job, though I did have to pick up one of the cheap ones on Ebay in the hopes I can backtrack its mailing address. Someone else who does Bishop figurines (the amazing Kurotana) has a figurine that's clearly using that same head, in a post from 2017, but I can't find any other proof of its existence before that.
And yes, I bought that Scaletta Bishop mentioned in the thread above, but he hasn't arrived yet. (The best Bishop, imo, is the Snyderman head; he's gorgeous and the first one I got. Runner up is Warriors Gate, then Scaletta, then Sideshow Frank Black, then Ada Chan. Honorary mention in there to the unknown yet reasonably decent MyCoolCollectibles Bishop.)
The mystery Bishop:
Z3624-1 2.jpg

Note: all the customs in this thread are breathtaking. Nice job. You guys are incredible.

I got the Scaletta Bishop in hand. The sculpt is good, but the paintjob is so so, the iris on the eyes are too large, so I am repainting it now.
Looking forward to seeing. They also made him a little cross-eyed, too, compared with the real one.

Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 5.05.42 PM.jpg

fortunately mine wasn't cross-eyed.. but it doesn't matter since I'm repainting them anyway. It's the one thing that is so annoying, those puppy eyes.
He does have big eyes so that doesn't bother me quite as much as whatever is slightly wrong with his facial proportions. I can't place it exactly... but they did get close to the likeness, so whatever.
You going to do both heads or just the main one?

He does have big eyes so that doesn't bother me quite as much as whatever is slightly wrong with his facial proportions. I can't place it exactly... but they did get close to the likeness, so whatever.
You going to do both heads or just the main one?

I am aware of that, but in this one, it's just too d*mn big, man. Even in that comparison pic from you, we can see that in the figure, the iris is too big. If you have the figure in hand, you can compare with other 1/6 scaled figures eyes/iris, and even though the iris size can be different for each person, it will not be that big. Lance's iris is not that much bigger from the other marines.

I'm just re-painting the main head.

I am aware of that, but in this one, it's just too d*mn big, man. Even in that comparison pic from you, we can see that in the figure, the iris is too big. If you have the figure in hand, you can compare with other 1/6 scaled figures eyes/iris, and even though the iris size can be different for each person, it will not be that big. Lance's iris is not that much bigger from the other marines.

I'm just re-painting the main head.
Oh yeah you're definitely making a good choice on repainting it, I'm just trying to make myself feel slightly better about the default version being wrong, lol. Kudos to those of you with the skills to fix it.

Oh yeah you're definitely making a good choice on repainting it, I'm just trying to make myself feel slightly better about the default version being wrong, lol. Kudos to those of you with the skills to fix it.
Hahaha.. I tried that as well, you know.. trying to ignore it, but I failed. 😅

Well, it's just that I think the overly large irises is the main thing that distract it from being a decent Bishop. Anyways, I don't really have the skills to fix these kind of stuffs, but for eyes issue/iris, it's actually pretty doable using eye decals. If you have it in hand and you feel it's bugging you, I recommend you to fix it yourself using the eye decals. :)

Hahaha.. I tried that as well, you know.. trying to ignore it, but I failed. 😅

Well, it's just that I think the overly large irises is the main thing that distract it from being a decent Bishop. Anyways, I don't really have the skills to fix these kind of stuffs, but for eyes issue/iris, it's actually pretty doable using eye decals. If you have it in hand and you feel it's bugging you, I recommend you to fix it yourself using the eye decals. :)
Hahaha I bet I'm not going to be able to overlook it either. I'm sort of a perfectionist about Bishops... I'm usually a 3d artist and spent months working on a game model type version of him. Apparently that wasn't enough Bishop in my life so here I am with the real life mini ones. I might have a problem.
The eye decal is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. Any recommendations for brand/source?

Hahaha I bet I'm not going to be able to overlook it either. I'm sort of a perfectionist about Bishops... I'm usually a 3d artist and spent months working on a game model type version of him. Apparently that wasn't enough Bishop in my life so here I am with the real life mini ones. I might have a problem.
The eye decal is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. Any recommendations for brand/source?
Hahahah you might! but Bishop is a very interesting character, so you have a good kind of problem.
I too, like that character, to the point that I bought the Bishop Reebok sneakers.

As for the decals, any brand will do, it's a matter of choosing the right color and then applying the clear coats.
I think this will do: 1/6 Custom Waterslide Decals Eye Iris / Pupils for Detailing 1/6 Action Figures | eBay

Hahahah you might! but Bishop is a very interesting character, so you have a good kind of problem.
I too, like that character, to the point that I bought the Bishop Reebok sneakers.

As for the decals, any brand will do, it's a matter of choosing the right color and then applying the clear coats.
I think this will do: 1/6 Custom Waterslide Decals Eye Iris / Pupils for Detailing 1/6 Action Figures | eBay
Omg, another Bishop fan! I love him so much. I'm very glad to meet you.
I really want the sneakers, but I can't find them in my size (women's 8.5/male 7 American). I keep hunting on Ebay and hoping one will pop up, but there's nothing, they're all way too big. Where did you get yours?
And thank you for the decal link!

Omg, another Bishop fan! I love him so much. I'm very glad to meet you.
I really want the sneakers, but I can't find them in my size (women's 8.5/male 7 American). I keep hunting on Ebay and hoping one will pop up, but there's nothing, they're all way too big. Where did you get yours?
And thank you for the decal link!
Glad to meet you too!
I got one from eBay with a very good price.. and since I got large feet, it's no problem for me. :D
You're welcome, always glad to help!

Back