Bootleg Brad Pitt Achilles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
Hello there folks!

Just wanted to share some quick pics of my recently acquired Ironcrosshunter Brad Pitt as Achilles figure!

Due to a tragic lack of communication I couldn't get Lord Vicious' fantastic custom of the same character (congrats to whoever got that beauty!), but I did snag this one for a decent sum, so I'm pretty happy.

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the figure, it's a great custom work, but not free of flaws...

There are some small inaccuracies like the boots and the feathers/plume on the helmet (I already cut them to a length closer to the movie, but they need to be black), but that's about it. The rest looks like a perfect representation of Pitt's character and armor.
Also there's a couple of place where the paint flaked off on my figure.

DSC02847.jpg

The base body has great movement and can hold poses easily, and although I plan to exchange it for a Perseus or maybe even an Evo, for now I'm pretty happy because it can hold all those cool poses.

DSC02845.jpg

The paint apps on the head sculpt are very nice, and the "real" hair helps a lot, although I think it might be worth it to actually re-do the hair implants and put some braids in it, just like the movie.

The sword, armor and shield are very well sculpted, but not so clean/accurate in paint apps, so I might go for a repaint there, but again, I'm in no hurry.
The faux leather outfit looks great and fits perfectly.

Although I plan to do a lot of upgrades in the future (swap body, repaint armor/shield/sword and re-do hair implants), I'm very happy that I managed to get this figure!

Incidentally, I've seen pics of another Achilles figure, with a different head sculpt and some other smaller differences (includes arrows and a spear, different armor), which makes me wonder if ICH's figure is a recast of the pieces?
Anybody have any info on that?

Anyway, hope you guys like the (crappy) pics and mini-review!

I think the version sold by ironcrosshunter is a recast of the bootleg.
They also sell the armour parts unpainted.

Si i think this armour is a recast of the bootleg one.

Though I don't care much for the body, the sculpt looks real good. Did you take any pics without the helmet?

The head sculpt is one with the helmet.
:(

But I agree, what little there is to be seen is really accurate to BP's mug! :D

@elvis: yeah, that's what I thought... the sculpt of the parts doesn't seem to be as clean as the pics I've seen of the official bootleg (how's that for an oxymoron!), plus the missing accessories... it all points to a recast.
Never seen any other Achilles figures for sale though, so the original must be very rare.
The figure that LV sold was your custom work, right? It was a beauty!

The head sculpt is one with the helmet.
:(

But I agree, what little there is to be seen is really accurate to BP's mug! :D

@elvis: yeah, that's what I thought... the sculpt of the parts doesn't seem to be as clean as the pics I've seen of the official bootleg (how's that for an oxymoron!), plus the missing accessories... it all points to a recast.
Never seen any other Achilles figures for sale though, so the original must be very rare.
The figure that LV sold was your custom work, right? It was a beauty!

What company made the original ?.

Anyways, congrats on the buy, I've been eying that custom for a while, but never pulled the trigger. I was thinking on buying the separate pieces to work on it myself, but eeeh, too many things to buy, so little money.

Thanks, it is a nice piece, and putting one together buying the parts might come out more expensive than buying the full figure...
It was more of an impulse buy though.

I got mine from a member here (missing some of the bigger spears on this version, but I don't really care) that had its own box and stuff. I used some rubber sleeves and I was going to repaint it all, but I think I'll wait until I eventually get some $ for a Perseus body.

Achilles-2.jpg

Nice looking Achilles, Abake! But like you said, he will look even better with a more muscular body and an armor repaint. :exactly:

Wow, thanks for that pic!
I really like the way the Perseus body looks...
Damn, now I'll have to hunt one down!

So the leather strap is just glued on, figures. I think I'll watch the movie again, see if I can figure out how it worked in the movie.

I'm trying to find a decently priced Perseus body, but they're ridiculously expensive...
I can't believe people are paying over a 100 dollars for a loose, headless body.
What does the Wolvie body look like? Upper body like Perseus and regular lower body?
That might work, the armor covers the knees.

I think the version sold by ironcrosshunter is a recast of the bootleg.
They also sell the armour parts unpainted.

Si i think this armour is a recast of the bootleg one.

Yes-sir-re-cast-bob....they are recast of an old figure.:)

And ICH is charging $300 for this figure painted up on a
below average body with an average paint app.

Some day, we'll get a much better one made.

I bet spencer can make the armor. If I remember, didn't
he or someone on here make some great Gladiator armor.
So from there, all we need is a great new sculpt.

You never know, it could happen..:wink1:

Last edited:
That'd be great.
I asked around to see if somebody wanted to go for it (making a full custom figure of BP Achilles), but was kindly told to get the parts on ebay... :dunno

Made a new post over in the customizer's section, but thought that it'd be nice to post a few pics of the upgraded figure here as well:

DSC02897.jpg

DSC02898.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy!

Nice project!!

You really need to check out ARH version in statue form guys!

Here he is in my collection:

AchillesPicsA.jpg

AchilliesPicsB.jpg

AchilliesPicsC.jpg

Last edited:
Back