Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a spare unmasked head and outfit, I'd put together a separate unmasked figure! I ended up using a HT PoP Dastan body (which also is the TTM19 mould), which also has sculpted/painted chest and arm hair too! I found the skin tones to not be far off and I think it fits the look nicely, even if I think the head is a tad too large. I think the suit hangs very well with the new body.

ruINkmF.jpg

m8bcvcY.jpg

KEUfY6H.jpg

QtgcWLB.jpg

Ah, yes! Now I'll have BOTH looks displayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JncWSXR.jpg

yiU5oEf.jpg

XVgCYt5.jpg

G'ahh so happy with this!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to complete it with Tornado later on!!!!!!

(Sorry, I still haven't properly futzed the suit on the masked one :LOL:)

As a huge fan of this film this was a huge disappointment. Didnt even end up getting it. The worst decision they make of all is making the hat non removable

As a huge fan of this film this was a huge disappointment. Didnt even end up getting it. The worst decision they make of all is making the hat non removable

It was disappointing in terms of the poor quality and design of some parts, yet he still looks very good on display. Especially with the masked and hatted sculpt with it's wry smirk, which was the only sculpt I ever intended to use.

It's an iconic character and the figure stands out.

Not a big deal, once you have him in hand, there wasn't allot of hat swapping you were going to do anyway.
Although I would have liked to pose him sans hat, with just the bandanna, pirate style.
Yet removable hats tend to require receding heads, or over sized hats.
If you are a huge fan, I still recommend the figure. Allot of the stiff out of the box pictures here (those with the head squashed down and fabric on shoulder left to hi) don't do it justice.

It was disappointing in terms of the poor quality and design of some parts, yet he still looks very good on display. Especially with the masked and hatted sculpt with it's wry smirk, which was the only sculpt I ever intended to use.

Agree, he makes a great display, and there is enough detail they got right it's worth it.. Costume and cape details are great, and hang well when futzed right. The blades; sword & dagger, and seethes all look good, and hang well off the belt. The whip has fantastic detail.(just nowhere to hang it:cuss)
6g1vkl.jpg

6g1u1y.jpg

Although I still prefer the unmasked neutral expression to the smirk face. Wish they had switched them.
The only real crime was not doing a companion Zeta Jones (Elena) figure:wink1:

Agreed!

Also, on a related note, I pre-ordered a 1/6 black horse (the Mr.Z one, I think you mentioned it a page back) from BBTS and I now have it in my PoL, so I'm looking forward to having him alongside Zorro!!! :panic: I neeed a 1/6 saddle now though :lol
That's great, although I still hope their 1/6 Black Shire Horse comes back in stock, which to me looks closer to the scale and grooming of the Friesian (Andaluz) version of Tornado seen in Mask.
Then I'll have to decide if I'm opening my currently limited colector space to horses -> vehicles " Tornado would be the first step in what would potentially become an irreversible direction, giving way to the analogues Batmobile -> and some parallel sprawling cave/lair dioramas to display everyone in. o_O

Also if you are putting him on a horse, will you be adding spurs?
Still bugs me they didn't include them, yet the Redman spurs, (although a bit plasticy and not quite accurate ) do fit nice, recommended! I tried the Triad spurs which are nicer, full metal and wrap around more accurately, but they were so snug, they sat to high on his boot, and I felt forcing them down would break them.
giphy.gif

Yet there is just one thing missing, ^the spurs (yes it's a small detail, yet those make the difference), so why not complete it?

...further the spurs are seen throughout Legend (same costume), so if they are going for a one time; definitive/ultimate figure and costume, (and we know we won't get another one) why not just make the first one all complete, from the go.

More details...
2zc7p9.gif

giphy.gif

cKWJklQ.jpg

While not everyone will pose him on a horse, some will and should have the option, he doesn't wear them throughout Mask \ film, yet they are in Mask's opening title sequence, and throughout Legend.
5to11f.gif

LOL not even sure if I put them on right ^

Also curious were you able to choose what saddle (color style) and tack it came with?
Was that an option, or was it one-click as shown?

MRZ051-01-07.jpg

I only found these two reviews for the Mr. Z horse, and based on them I think it looks pretty dang good! Looks to be nicely detailed especially given the cost. Even with the promo pics, it looks huge (the box too) in the videos!

Agree, Tornado is like the Batmobile. Yeah 1/6 vehicles can be pretty spacey! Even though he can be viewed as a 'vehicle' for Zorro I'll just see him as another character :lol
Yeah that's just it, like Tornado; The Batmbobile essentially becomes a character too, as did the Hornet's Black Beauty, or Bond's Aston Martin, to Solo's Falcon... the hero ride, if done right, essentially becomes another character.

Curious fact: Zorro's horse did not at first have a name in the original McCulley Pulps, he was just called "The Black", as far as I know it was Disney who first gave him the name Tornado.
Although McCulley was a conlsultant on the Disney series, so he might have named him?
Guy%20Williams%20Zorro%20159%208-25-7.jpg

20izul.gif

2g4wdt.gif

Looking forward to seeing yours together. :wink1:

Fun Tornado Vid (language?)
Lot's of saddle and bridle detail if you are looking to customize yours towards more screen accurate.

9b313f7b2f54c02ef0df1c8915091f93.jpg

26381733fc86ef9bdc196d39c72fc94e.jpg

6g0rog.jpg

Last edited:
6g22fe.jpg

JncWSXR.jpg

G'ahh so happy with this!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to complete it with Tornado later on!!!!!!

(Sorry, I still haven't properly futzed the suit on the masked one :LOL:)

Hmm, so you have two?
Not accurate but if you are looking to put that second figure in a costume at least a bit closer to his more froufrou De La Vega identity ,not sure if you can just buy the suit? maybe trimming (or folding back ) the vest, and adding a red ascot.😊
6g0xq7.gif
6g2ero.gif
6oozok.gif

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/vampire-louis-by-figure-masters.194527/
6g1f5b.gif

6g1k5j.gif

Besides all the more blatant parallels, another thing I always loved about both these characters, is how they both created perosnas who are actively dismissive and talk s#! about their own alter egos.
[IMG]

While clearly used as yet another "mask" to deflect from the truth - their darker identity, who they really are, - they are both borderline DID.

Last edited:
As a huge fan of this film

I friggin' love love love the 1998 movie, it was one of the first movies I remember ever watching, and my introduction to Zorro.

is making the hat non removable

Yeah I wish the had was removable, it'd enhance the display options and would male it more fun.

I do agree the quality of the figure is not as good as it should be nor is it completely up to par with other figure companies. Nevertheless I do think it's a solid figure, and a solid representation of Zorro. For instance I think the body is good, with nice tight joints (well on my figures) and I feel the materials used are adequate. I also think the costume is well done and comes across nicely.

EXACTLY!!! :exactly:

That's great, although I still hope their 1/6 Black Shire Horse comes back in stock, which to me looks closer to the scale and grooming of the Friesian (Andaluz) version of Tornado seen in Mask.
Then I'll have to decide if I'm opening my currently limited collector space to horses -> vehicles " Tornado would be the first step in what would potentially become an irreversible direction, giving way to the analogues Batmobile -> and some parallel sprawling cave/lair dioramas to display everyone in. o_O

:lol:lol Yeah I'd love to have a sixth scale cave/lair diorama!!

Also if you are putting him on a horse, will you be adding spurs?
Still bugs me they didn't include them, yet the Redman spurs, (although a bit plasticy and not quite accurate ) do fit nice, recommended! I tried the Triad spurs which are nicer, full metal and wrap around more accurately, but they were so snug, they sat to high on his boot, and I felt forcing them down would break them.

5to11f.gif

LOL not even sure if I put them on right ^

Of course would've liked for them to include that detail, but alas (though I like to think they omitted it b/c maybe they deemed it too fragile). Though for me, no biggie.

Also curious were you able to choose what saddle (color style) and tack it came with?
Was that an option, or was it one-click as shown?

MRZ051-01-07.jpg

I haven't had mine shipped out yet, but based on the listings/vids he doesn't come a saddle unfortunately. I'll have to track down a 1/6 black saddle :lol

Yeah that's just it, like Tornado; The Batmbobile essentially becomes a character too, as did the Hornet's Black Beauty, or Bond's Aston Martin, to Solo's Falcon... the hero ride, if done right, essentially becomes another character.

Yep, true! So that means for folks only focusing on characters they can also consider those :monkey3

Curious fact: Zorro's horse did not at first have a name in the original McCulley Pulps, he was just called "The Black", as far as I know it was Disney who first gave him the name Tornado.
Although McCulley was a conlsultant on the Disney series, so he might have named him?
Guy%20Williams%20Zorro%20159%208-25-7.jpg

20izul.gif

2g4wdt.gif

Oh wow I did not know that! Good to know, pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing yours together. :wink1:

Yeah I imagine they'll all look FANTASTIC on display!!!

Fun Tornado Vid (language?)
Lot's of saddle and bridle detail if you are looking to customize yours towards more screen accurate.

9b313f7b2f54c02ef0df1c8915091f93.jpg

26381733fc86ef9bdc196d39c72fc94e.jpg

6g0rog.jpg

Thanks for the reference pics! I'm not a heavy customizer to create my own, but yeah a custom film accurate saddle would be a great cake. I wish a company would make the movie saddle for people who have Zorro and wish to mount him on a horse.

Not accurate but if you are looking to put that second figure in a costume at least a bit closer to his more froufrou De La Vega identity , maybe trimming (or folding back ) the vest and adding a red ascot.😊
6g0xq7.gif

_dsc5665-jpg.435360

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/vampire-louis-by-figure-masters.194527/

Yeah! I'd love to have that formal suit in 1/6!!! Would make for more cool displays. Now I kinda wish a third party would make a run of the suit :lol

6g1f5b.gif

6g1k5j.gif

Besides all the more blatant parallels, another thing I always loved about both these characters, is how they both created perosnas who are actively dismissive and talk s#! about their own alter egos.
[IMG]

While clearly used as yet another "mask" to deflect from the truth - their darker identity, who they really are, - they are both borderline DID.

Haha, I liked that bit in both movies, I also though of Batman Begins when I rewatched Zorro!

I’m still not sold on the figure…

… but I am sold on another rewatch of The Mask of Zorro.
947239194fa43122d3f33c4382dedd7843a12fd0.gifv

(This is still one of my favorite hero shots in ANYTHING. Wish the figure had a neutral face so I could recreate it.)

As someone who grew up with a dearth of Latino representation on film, with so few and far between, that scene with the blade-flair, (intentional or not) instantly took me back to that certain other infamous latino with a blade-flair scene.
I'm aware I was probably the only person in the theater flashing back to it though, and thinking we about to get a dance rumble!:lol
6g28q3.gif

6ool7u.gif

(This is still one of my favorite hero shots in ANYTHING. Wish the figure had a neutral face so I could recreate it.)
Hmm, ...quick somebody add some travailing lens flair to that blade! :LOL:
6g27q3.jpg

I friggin' love love love the 1998 movie, it was one of the first movies I remember ever watching, and my introduction to Zorro.
It really is a fun, dramatic, romantic, and action filled film, unfortunately often left off the influential "super hero" list of films.
Although he's got everything that makes Batman a super hero. He was somewhat the proto-superhero.
This figure was released as part of the 100th (1919-2019) anniversary celebration of the creation of the character, which was another reason it was a must have for figure me.
6g2teg.gif

Wish they had released a Fairbanks version in conjunction with it too.
5yabtw.gif

5yaduy.gif

Last edited:
I really love the 2 movies, and also the old b&w tv shows of zorro. I'm just happy that this classic character was even made as an action figure at all, since the movie hype had long past. I wish there was a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman action figure being made!

6g22fe.jpg

Hmm, so you have two?
[...]

Actually I have more than two :monkey3

[...]

Yeah that was a great touch to have Zorro shine his rapier with the sun!

As someone who grew up with a dearth of Latino representation on film, that scene and flair always took me back to the one.
I was probably the only person in the theater flashing back to that, and thinking we about to get a dance rumble!:lol
6g28q3.gif

Hmm, ...quick somebody add some travailing lens flair! :LOL:
6g27q3.jpg

It really is a fun, dramatic, romantic, and action filled film, unfortunately often left off the influential "super hero" list of films.
Although he's got everything that makes Batman a super hero. He was somewhat the proto-superhero.
This figure was released as part of the 100th (1919-2019) anniversary celebration of the creation of the character, which was another reason it was a must have for me.
6g2teg.gif

Wish they had released a Fairbanks version in conjunction with it too.
5yabtw.gif

5yaduy.gif

Yeah, for me I view Zorro as a superhero. Or, in the same light as such. Well for me Spider-Man and Zorro were the first heroes I was brought up with.

Hmm, ...quick somebody add some travailing lens flair to that blade! :LOL:

6g27q3.jpg
Ok I sent it off to J.J. Abrams CGI-lab :lol
6op22n.gif

46fbbe0d91258affbe5d5d9ee4da1c49--the-mask-of-zorro-character-inspiration.jpg
MZorro_662_CresW.jpg

6op39y.gif

Not sure if she posts here? Frustrating but charming review^, randomley guest staring Zorro (in the background :lol).
With some tailoring she might stand in as a very loose approximation for Elena at the ballroom scene.
Arwen and Zorro would make for an interesting crossover, especially if they gave Arwen her Hadhafang sword, she could revisit the "very vigorous" Zorro training scene .... "Not bad, not bad at all..." :wink1: :p

Last edited:
I've been thinking a lot about using that Arwen figure as a stand in, too! But then the collector edition went to waitlist.
? - Czech? No idea if they sell? http://www.molendrix.com/Elena.html
1/18 scale, small but hey the hat is removable, he has somewhere to hang his whip, and a compatible Elena. ...
MOZWave2_98df8986-f7ba-46e7-b125-c2d20885c9e9_large.png

7mu9yg.gif

Probably my favorite look for her^, as it was her action scene (well other than in her sleep wear :wink1: )
Though would still love to see her done in the (deleted scene); Spanish riding gear outfit.
giphy.gif

Which look for Elena though, I mean besides the sword fight ^ in corset-undergarments night-dress scene.
It'd expect some actual attire;

Elena: as she is dressed in the market. ...dios mio this woman is beautiful!
CqvGYZwWYAAelNu.jpg

Spanish Lady from the ball scene? This one should be packaged with Gentleman Alejandro
the-mask-of-zorro.jpg

380jvh.gif

The mining rescue scene?
5tnllf.gif

There was also a unfortunately deleted riding and sword training scene where she wore her own bolero hat riding gear, dark dress
2ggogp.gif

I'd take any one, although I doubt any are likely
I don't know how well the Zorro figure sold? Yet it appears to be sold out everywhere, so maybe?
029082360caaf771b3c4e7d1a7c1454a.gif

Last edited:
I have it and did a review on my channel and I love the figure. Removable hat would have been nice but let’s be honest I would have posed him with the hat on anyway. The tailoring and accessories are nice. I have him next to a full size 1/6 Weta Zorro and Tornado statue and together they definitely catch the eye when you walk in my collection room.

Back