Blitzway: Black Label - Michael Jackson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious to see how the standard sells. It may be PVC, but it's still got a high-end finish. I've long held the belief that it doesn't matter what a piece weighs since it'll spend 99% of its life on a shelf, not in one's hands. Plus the additives that give polystone its signature weight actually make it cheaper and more fragile, a rip-off in my opinion. Let's see if the $800 savings are enough to open buyers up to the idea of a lighter statue.

Worth noting, however, that the description makes a distinction between polystone (used in the base for both versions) and resin. Maybe what they're calling resin is a purer, more durable mixture than the polystone?

The rooted hair looks terrible. The sculpted is fine and more than adequate for what they're trying to achieve with accuracy to the sculpt. However, at this scale rooted can and should be done better.

It's always a troubling decision to opt for a lesser version knowing there's a "premium" available, but this rooted isn't a better option. InArt has shown that rooted hair can be done well in a styled and sculpted form, rather than a mess of unruly fibers. I thought Art Figures' Scissorhands was an excellent example of finely detailed sculpted plastic hair that fit the need of a scaled figure leaving little desire to imagine how rooted could be any better.

Any ideas how long these usually take to filter through from the official store to other countries?

Definitely interested in the regular version for the reasons pointed out above. It looks more than good enough.

i ordered the regular version after debating between the black label & reg. to me the headsculpt on the regular looks better ,also the hair is more accurate don't want to mess with it to get it perfect. statue looks f... great ,whatever Kim touches is has to be good ! also dont want to pay almost triple for a nice package and 18k gold plating.

Can't afford the more expensive one, but I'm down for the standard version. Differences between ordering from Blitzway direct vs BBTS? Can anyone with experience chime in? :unsure:

I usually order at BBTS and Sideshow.
Not sure if you can pay in part with Blitzway.
BBTS shipping costs should be $4.
I think I will order via specfictionshop.com They seem to have the lowest price.

The statue looks good and it is such an iconic pose. I am only wondering if the golden string can be removed as I always thought it was a bit over the top and I want to recreate the look of his Superbowl appearance.

I grabbed mine from Collectibles Direct in the end. Lowest price in the UK and in my opinion this will be well and truly worth it.

Went for the standard, same reasons some of you guys have gone for it. It really does seem like the best likeness so far, looking forward to seeing what inArt do later this month though.

Back