Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the Ghostbusters themselves, and the Ecto were both WAY late, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

On the subject of SS vs. BW, There were things I liked about both, I think the small details of a lot of the SS offering were more on point, but, overall, the BW figures were better. Had the SS figures actually been released, I would have bought both, and kitbashed the better parts of each. I did manage to get a copy of the SS Egon sculpt, and I actually prefer it a bit over the BW. I've had it on my desk for a while, and I think I might cast a copy, and modify it a bit to be an Afterlife Egon.

I remember liking the SS packs a bit better. Some of the parts were die-cast (I know d-c tends to be a gimmick, but eh, still lol), I liked the cords that attached the wands to the packs as opposed to the springs like BW used that causes the wands to shoot off like a missile when detached, and there were a lot of smaller details like decals and such that were more accurate on the SS packs. I remember the frames looked more accurate as well.

ssg0.jpg

ssg13.jpg
ssg7.jpg

It's Blitzway sometimes things are on time and sometimes they are not. They could show something tomorrow or it could be March :dunno
I mean, I understand if the release is delayed.. but this is just the announcement we're talking about here and they put 2021.12 :unsure:

I mean, I understand if the release is delayed.. but this is just the announcement we're talking about here and they put 2021.12 :unsure:

I can't say if things have changed but Blitzway was very disorganized when they did the Ghostbusters. I remember they informed retailers that the figures were literally on their way so customers were charged and it was totally false. I want to say it was close to another year before they shipped but I don't recall for certain.

I also remember Blitzway's initial estimated ship time was very aggressive and proved to be wildly inaccurate.

I can't say if things have changed but Blitzway was very disorganized when they did the Ghostbusters. I remember they informed retailers that the figures were literally on their way so customers were charged and it was totally false. I want to say it was close to another year before they shipped but I don't recall for certain.

I also remember Blitzway's initial estimated ship time was very aggressive and proved to be wildly inaccurate.
I guess we will have 10 days or less to find out lol.

I was looking forward to them Soldier Story GB in addition to the BW versions. That business attire sold me, too bad these never sold.

I wonder what their preorder numbers looked like being in competition with BW at the time? Wonder if that was a reason for these being canceled or if they lost the license or perhaps there was another reason?

I was looking forward to them Soldier Story GB in addition to the BW versions. That business attire sold me, too bad these never sold.

I wonder what their preorder numbers looked like being in competition with BW at the time? Wonder if that was a reason for these being canceled or if they lost the license or perhaps there was another reason?
--

Probably a combination of all.

From my understanding, all/any license needs to be executed within a time period with a finished product and eventually sold before the license expires.

I believe that's one of the main challenges facing licenses for 1:6 where so many factors come into play due to the duration of the license among other things.

Wonder if that was a reason for these being canceled or if they lost the license or perhaps there was another reason?

Putting the pieces together, from what Darklord Dave said, it sounds like something extremely convoluted happened, in which Blitzway and Soldier Story were negotiating at the same time with two different arms of Sony/Columbia. Blitzway was negotiating for worldwide, while Soldier Story was negotiating with the local division, but the two Sony/Columbia divisions weren't talking to each other, and evidently Blitzway's license trumped Soldier Story.

That must have been crushing. I thought the Soldier Story prototypes looked pretty good at the time, although I did prefer Blitzway's. I had been considering picking up the civilian looks and I do seem to recall them being up at BBTS. I'm sure Soldier Story wouldn't have produced an Ecto-1 though.

If anyone thought they looked better , they needed their eye checked , So SS never releasing them was a savior.
Same deal with all the delusional people who claims SSC Luke was better than HT’s…..I suspect half of those were SSC employees.
I dunno, I sort of preferred the Soldier Story Venkman sculpt over the BW, especially the production BW Venkman (people would often post pics of the proto BW Venkman when it was discussed.) Venkman/Murray seems to have always been the toughest to nail the likeness on, whereas Ray seems the easiest. This is the SS Venkman sculpt, which still isn't a bullseye but I think comes closer to capturing Murray than the BW, which had a bit of a Jason Clarke vibe to me:

ynqxdHT.png

Back