Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blitzway is a strange animal, and they make VERY strange choices.

A re issue would not be my first guess, as they really could have done that anytime and pretty much made the same sales. The new film is not going to change that….

I can see them diving into the new characters , probably more than needed.

I would think the best financial option is definetly the Terror Dogs, which I would buy in a hearbeat. AND if they are SMART they would sell them as singles because you KNOW most of use would have to buy 2.

If they really want to rip us off, make figures of the characters to go with each dog as a set, and double the prices….it would still sell…..

But its BW and and they do some weird stuff..
I have an Iron Studios terror dog (which kinda passes for 1/6) but wow, I'd love a BW dog.

Companies lie all the time. Anyhow, in two years it will be the 40th anniversary of the first film, so someone might make figures...or not.

Also, Blitzway said no reissues, but figures with new headsculpts with different expressions would be a new product, which they might make according to that email.
M8 is watching you

There will be no GB2 figures guys.
Took matters into my own hands.

IMG_9083.jpg

This takes me back.

I purchased the special edition four pack with extras. It arrived in a huge shipping box. I opened it to inspect the contents and then put them back and it's stored away somewhere in storage. I'll probably want to find it again since it's been a few years. I don't even know what they're going for nowadays since I haven't bother to check prices online.

Blitzway is a strange animal, and they make VERY strange choices.

A re issue would not be my first guess, as they really could have done that anytime and pretty much made the same sales. The new film is not going to change that….

I can see them diving into the new characters , probably more than needed.

I would think the best financial option is definetly the Terror Dogs, which I would buy in a hearbeat. AND if they are SMART they would sell them as singles because you KNOW most of use would have to buy 2.

If they really want to rip us off, make figures of the characters to go with each dog as a set, and double the prices….it would still sell…..

But its BW and and they do some weird stuff..
I agree about Blitzway as a company. I feel like they could give Hot Toys some healthy competition, but they seem to have the most random choices for releases. Not that they’re incapable of good releases, but a lot of it is stuff that’s of no interest to me. Also add in that they’re very sporadic and don’t do many releases.

Great to see Blitzway dipping their toes into Ghostbusters again, I stupidly passed on their original releases which I regret - as much of a Ghostbusters fan as I am at the time I was off the 1/6 train at the time.

Assuming they announce some figures to go along with this Ecto the sole figure I would be interested in would be if they had a suited up Phoebe, the rest of the younger gang I already have from Hasbro's Plasma series and thats enough for me.

As unlikely as everyone is saying it is (and I do tend to agree) I would rather have the GB2 versions of them - preferably in the grey suits as while they were only seen in the montage and Winston had his on during the dancing toaster scene they were heavily used in the promotional material so for me those suits are Ghostbusters 2.

The reason why I think they are unlikely though is that pretty much everything on those figures is different from the 84 release, from the name tag details on the flightsuits (and the obvious no ghost) to the design of the belts and even the Proton Packs had some key differences which wouldn't be solved by paint.

We will see though I guess, I have seen/read/watched some rumours which suggest alot more is coming from Blitzway but until I see a tease on their own socials its just rumour and nothing more.

A Ghostbusters fan can dream though - but his wallet won't like it if those dreams come true!

I missed out on a Ecto 1 the first time around. So I'm waiting to see the Afterlife version they offer. I had to get Mattels 12" figures and kitbash a decent Ray Stantz. If they re-release an 84 version or a afterlife version, I'll defiantly get a Ray from them. I had parts left over from making my GB2 Ray, started an afterlife version.

I know it's highly unlikely, but if Blitzway doesn't want to make any Afterlife figures I'd love to see a third party company release something. I'm sure there would be more than enough interest in a well done Phoebe figure, or in the OG characters.

I know it's highly unlikely, but if Blitzway doesn't want to make any Afterlife figures I'd love to see a third party company release something. I'm sure there would be more than enough interest in a well done Phoebe figure, or in the OG characters.

It's surprising that no third party ever tackled Ghostbusters. I know the 2016 film was banned in China, because they have a phobia about ghost movies: ghost stories were used as political tools.

Not heard the same for the originals or Afterlife.

View attachment 551311

Soldier Story tried. They had figures up for PO for really long time but they never were released.

They had a mass of 1/6 Ghostbusters from the original films and the 2016 film displayed at some show, then seemingly never got the license to produce them.

Must've sunk a lot of money into all the prototypes.

They still have their Spengler and Venkman on their product page, with the release date of Q1 2017:

http://www.soldierstory-toys.com/products_list.asp?st=48&tit=1/6 SCALE FIGURE

Maybe they just can't bring themselves to delete the page?

That was a weird time. Even Dave claimed they were not legit. Later changed his tune. Sad that they never saw the light of day. The excitement for BW & Soldier Story and all the potential looks.

Imagine preordering these because you think they look better than BW, but they never come out and the BW sell out. :LOL:
If anyone thought they looked better , they needed their eye checked , So SS never releasing them was a savior.
Same deal with all the delusional people who claims SSC Luke was better than HT’s…..I suspect half of those were SSC employees.

Changing tune within the 1:6 hobby as a collector and business is typical/usual, but no one seems to ever question the "integrity" aspect in one way or another.

As for me, I changed my tune recently about threezero. I despised them due to so many "fails" for GoT, HALO, TWD, etc.

The GI JOE & POWER RANGERS line turned that around thus far and I'm really excited for what's to come for both provided the production design and quality remains consistent.

As for Blitzway Vs. Soldier Story, the hoopla from the period was weird. IMHO, Blitzway won and Soldier Story didn't with a bunch of folks feeling like they got jerked around and made to look like jerks.

Back