Blitzway 1/6 Jimi Hendrix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great replica amps!

162508092-360083488662944-7352466077597335675-n.jpg

They have these on eBay. I was able to get a full stack 1960 Marshall amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMFG

I was totally amazed by the face/hair and then I saw THE RELIC.

Please, next time record the process and make a YouTube tutorial :yess:

Looks so much better. Amazing job on the hair. I realize there's no Blitzway could have pulled off something like that, but the paintwork should have been better. The repaint really brings out the details of the sculpt.

Is Blitzway good with their customer service?

My Hendrix hat was missing the chain they goes on top.

I messaged Blitzway through their contact form on their website about a week ago but never heard back.

Is Blitzway good with their customer service?

My Hendrix hat was missing the chain they goes on top.

I messaged Blitzway through their contact form on their website about a week ago but never heard back.

Did you check the box? Mine was in a packing slip under the box flaps.

Did you check the box? Mine was in a packing slip under the box flaps.

Thank you!

I did not even notice that until you brought that up.

Why did Blitzway put the chain there?

Was it not packed inside the box originally and they decided at the last minute to seal it under the flap before the figures shipped out to all the distributors.

Its so easy to miss. They should have put it in a small bag and put it inside the figures box. So many people have probably thrown away theirs.

My take on Jimi.
Total head and head repaint. Redo of hair rooting.
Swapped out to the TORIBOX jacket.
Weathered the guitar.

See more photos of him on my IG here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNEPxyugLSS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

View attachment 509823

Amazing.. my jaw just dropped. Oh man.. now i need to find someone to repaint it as well. The details on the face and acne scaring.. .WOW !

Did you go ahead and paint he eyes shut, it looks amazing, just want to know a little more.

Hey, glad you guys liked it..the head has around 15 hours in it. I did a lot of research on his face. If you look at the photos, his eyes are always closed in this facial expression. Not sure why they left it open that sliver. Looks kinda creepy. He?s just vibing out and playing, they are definitely closed, so I painted them closed, which really works. I was going to add eyelashes, but it didnt feel right, maybe the scale was off when I tried it, so I left it off.

The hair is Tibetan wool. I popped off the old hair, it comes off in one piece, and roughly sculpted a new back of the head with milliput proxy clay. I found a good swatch of wool hair that had some texture to the hair that kinda matched well. Not silky smooth, not too kinky. It?s my 3rd hairing and finally getting the flow down. But still not fond of doing it :)

The jacket that came with it was decent. I trimmed down the fur real tight. I was decent, but the shoulders are kinda rounded and the back bunched up some. But if you pinch the shoulders and and trim the fur, it?s not bad. Attached is a photos with the original jacket. It?s decent. As luck would have it, I did find an old Toribox jacket from the old Serang figure and thought I?d go for it. It?s definitely a better jacket..but all her clothes are pricey

This was WIP with the ORIGINAL jacket. Note the trimmed fur. The hand were not painted yet. It also shows off the guitar wear.
I played around with the idea of him being shirtless, which he did sometimes, and showing off the chains, but the neck seam and the muscular body didn?t really look great to me. Plus it saved me from painting the body..lol

A34CFFEE-40BB-4488-9E72-447A6BD86093.jpg

Back