BLADE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really are fumbling on all the black led projects but are so quick to race swap or replace a character. Funny. Always crying about inclusion but when it’s time to do black led characters they act like they don’t know how to make a film anymore.
They are making trash nowdays so maybe it is better if they leave Blade alone. Not to mention Ali will be 600 years old when the film releases.

Last edited:
The 90's Blade movie is one of the few superhero movies I've seen. I liked it at the time but no idea how well its aged.
Only just found out they're doing a new Blade movie but I'll pass I think. No interest in MCU stuff.

Good grief, that script synopsis sounds *in my Australian accent* terrible! It sounds like the first “Blade” mixed with “Logan” and a half cup of whatever they tried to do with Blade in the comics recently (w/ Blade’s daughter). No wonder they had to go back to the drawing board 😬

I swear to God, if they turn Blade of all things into The Last Of Us: Vampire Edition, I'll be visiting Kevin Feige in his retirement home in 40 years to kick him in the kneecaps. If they waste Mahersala Ali on Blade I'll do it, I'm not joking. I assume he'll have ruined Doom by then too, so I'll probably go for a kick in the nards as well. At least Ali rightfully rejected the script and made them rework it. Just how hard can it be to do Casltevania: 90s Leather Club Edition? Gothic Noir x Grunge Aesthetics, a badass Blade, a Dracula out of The Legacy Of Kain, that's all that's needed. Christ, it's not that complicated. Then team him up with MK, GR, Black Knight, Strange, maybe Punisher, dunno who else, versus Chthon or something, and bam, Midnight Sons.

I swear to God, if they turn Blade of all things into The Last Of Us: Vampire Edition, I'll be visiting Kevin Feige in his retirement home in 40 years to kick him in the kneecaps. If they waste Mahersala Ali on Blade I'll do it, I'm not joking. I assume he'll have ruined Doom by then too, so I'll probably go for a kick in the nards as well. At least Ali rightfully rejected the script and made them rework it. Just how hard can it be to do Casltevania: 90s Leather Club Edition? Gothic Noir x Grunge Aesthetics, a badass Blade, a Dracula out of The Legacy Of Kain, that's all that's needed. Christ, it's not that complicated. Then team him up with MK, GR, Black Knight, Strange, maybe Punisher, dunno who else, versus Chthon or something, and bam, Midnight Sons.
Buffinator hurry up…over here too!!! :rotfl

God I adore victorkostis :lol

Buffinator hurry up…over here too!!! :rotfl

God I adore victorkostis :lol
giphy.gif

Stephen Dorff to Variety: “How’s that PG ‘Blade’ movie going for you, that can’t get a director? [laughs] Because anybody who goes there is going to be laughed at by everyone, because we already did it and made it the best. There’s no Steve Norrington out there.”

Damn, lol.

Stephen Dorff to Variety: “How’s that PG ‘Blade’ movie going for you, that can’t get a director? [laughs] Because anybody who goes there is going to be laughed at by everyone, because we already did it and made it the best. There’s no Steve Norrington out there.”

Damn, lol.
I agree with that and don’t agree with that. It won’t be PG it will be PG-13 and there are a ton of amazingly brutal PG-13 films out there. But he’s right that it will probably !#?% if it ever gets made.

Damn, lol.
I take it he won’t be asked to be in the new one lol

Last edited:
I find it very weird they are having trouble with this film yet they squeezed out the movies we could care less about on time. We wanted mcu blade for awhile but marvel thought eternals and Agatha are more important? Ok
Nobody cares about a problematic character like Blade. Echo and Agatha are what the people need now, chud. It's why Blade has to pass on his mantle to his OC daughter. We don't need a badass vampire hunter anymore, we need the demipaneuthethronondynaricbinary teen womanlet with purple hair and a sidecut to have slice of life problems and maybe meekly slash one vampire towards the end.

The thing is that Blade's too connected to Snipes, so they were putting it off until late. If Ali hadn't specifically asked for the role, he'd have been in the same place as Ghost Rider, in that "yeah, it's coming... soon, kinda...." area. God knows why Phase 4 had to be about literal nonsense instead of setting up the Midnight Suns and whatever other stuff properly, but what does a small-minded chud like me know? Clearly the big brains at the MCU know more...

Recent rumors are that it'll be set in the 1920s. The old script got rewritten so maybe they'll drop the awful daughter angle, but I don't know. I can see them forcing some really dumb [current day]-isms. Blade's easy as Hell to do. Get a guy with charisma, have great cinematography and aesthetics, and go balls-to-the-wall with the action. But nooooooo, they've got to overcomplicate it. Blade, Ghost Rider, none of these guys have any classic stories worth adapting, they operate on rule of cool and that's fine; it makes them perfect for adaptations. No need to overthink it. Not that you can't add more depth, but the people in charge these days most certainly won't do that...

Anyway, here's to hoping it'll be good. Also, if they don't do LoK/Elric-Style Dracula, I'll be pissed. I need a dolly of this.

X-Men-2010-3-Cover-Dracula-and-X-Men-Cropped.jpeg

Back