1/6 Blackbox Toys BLADE RUNNER JOI 2.0 1/6 Figure Guess Me Series BBT9018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joi 1.0 on the Xing with the 2.0 coat:

51278457546_71852abec8_o.jpg

This will be my Joi now, until something better comes along!

Because the 2.0 sculpt was giving me Maisie Williams vibes I decided to go with that.

The 2.0 boots are so narrow that even without ankle pegs the legs don't go right down into them. This is one of the reasons that the 2.0 looks so leggy and lanky out of the box: the ankle sockets in the boots give her extra height.

Changing the boots for the pair that came with Toys Works' awful Jessica Jones, I found that the figure measured 10" above the boot soles, which just happened to exactly match Maise's self professed "5 ft nothing" (!)

I also swapped out the upper torso with one of the TS Toys Rowdy figures, which gives a far better result than clumsily strapping her down with electrical tape.

51278457551_a575d9f6f8_o.jpg

51279721404_fcdc120755_o.jpg

Found this photo of Maisie looking like she's doing an Ana de Armas Joi impression...

Last edited:
Thanks for the review of the figure, Asta. I had a feeling it wouldn't be much of an improvement, and they'd just be using the same small head. And it still bugs me how inaccurate the skirt is.

I actually took a shot at sculpting a larger head last year which was more in proportion to the body (closer in size to a HT Leia), but didn't make much progress beyond the rough start below. And I've never had much luck with sculpting 1/6 heads anyway.

I went ahead and ordered a new jacket anyway in case I ever decide to finish it, or in case another Ana De Armas head ever comes along. It was only $12 on ebay so no loss either way.

20200413_230946 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review of the figure, Asta. I had a feeling it wouldn't be much of an improvement, and they'd just be using the same small head. And it still bugs me how inaccurate the skirt is.

This 2.0 was a very weird release.

I was hoping they'd understood the problem with the sculpt. Instead I'm sure they actually made it smaller. The skirt is still a mystery as well.

I actually took a shot at sculpting a larger head last year which was more in proportion to the body (closer in size to a HT Leia), but didn't make much progress beyond the rough start below. And I've never had much luck with sculpting 1/6 heads anyway.

That's a nice sculpt. You certainly have skills.

I wouldn't know where to start!

I went ahead and ordered a new jacket anyway in case I ever decide to finish it, or in case another Ana De Armas head ever comes along. It was only $12 on ebay so no loss either way.

The jacket is the only thing they managed to improve. Still not perfect as it's too thick to be as 'crinkly' as the original, but it fits a lot better and isn't cloudy.

I bought a second body for the spare head. It's a TBLeague with tanned skin and medium bust. I figured orange would be the best match for the blue hair. Also bought some nice white boots but for some reason the TBLeague doll has clown-sized feet so until I mod the shoes or buy bigger versions the second Joi is going bare-footed. :)

Oh and yes that's the PCS She-Ra with Kowl standing behind them both.

JoiDolls.png

Here is the spare head on a TBLeague S34A (Pale / mid-bust / attached feet). The head is a tad shade darker than the body and also the head does not mount on the post. I wrapped some tape around the metal post and that worked for the head to slide on.

Attachments

• Joi comp 02.JPG
    Joi comp 02.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 70
Here is the spare head on a TBLeague S34A (Pale / mid-bust / attached feet). The head is a tad shade darker than the body and also the head does not mount on the post. I wrapped some tape around the metal post and that worked for the head to slide on.
Yeah that's why I picked the tanned version - I could see the Joi heads were already darker than the body that comes with them so I figured the pale TBLeague body would be even further away.

Now I'm just praying that someone creates a figure of Luv!

Weird afterthought - nobody seems to have mentioned that Joi 2.0 came with no emanator. Didn't the original have one? I've seen her with the accessory in several images, did they just forget to put one in the 2.0 box?

Looks amazing! :D

If they can do this, hopefully they might do Luv as well later.

Recently picked this figure up, like the rest of the general comments, it does have some jank to it but I dig it for it's unique factor. I did do a body swap on her almost immediately and used the Pop Toys Xing 1/6 92006A "Suntan" body with the small bust. Proportions look a lot better after doing the swap. Her raincoat came very foggy out of the box but a little bit of alcohol and some wipes seemed to have cleared it up after wiping the inside and outside down.
I am looking at replacing the head sculpt and attempting to 3D print my own version, time will tell if I ever finish that.

X9CgB6V.jpg

LJ6ziB6.jpg

Wow looks like someone is finally producing a Joi custom and the sculpt looks phenomenal.

No price yet and and so far it looks like you can only PM T-Art to get on the interest list. I don't see it on the customonesixth site yet. And head won't be sold separately.

View attachment 540577

View attachment 540578

forgot to share this, but they did end up putting pre-orders up and the full thing was $1400! but it is beautiful, absolutely the best joi figure out there

what's 𝐇+𝐂+𝐀 𝐕𝐄𝐑. ?
I checked their replies in that post and they said it's "head+cloth+accessory", but it's the unpainted head with no hair. :(

I'll forever regret not being aware of this sooner, I really don't want to have it painted and rooted myself, so I'll be skipping it. It's not perfect but that Full Set is no doubt the best 1/6 Joi we'll ever see. One would think that some official 1/6 company would want a piece of the thousands of dollars that these custom artists are still making from Blade Runner, but I guess not. So I'll remain Joi-less lol

Last edited:
Back