1/6 Blackbox Toys BLADE RUNNER JOI 2.0 1/6 Figure Guess Me Series BBT9018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk_blue_tiger

Super Freak
Reaction score
150234a46zg9bu22z5bo8e__57404.1606819805.1000.1200.jpg

150236t3anw9zbnn1r5zvv__72735.1606819808.1000.1200.jpg

150246a0byvvqnqs2ygisi__11769.1606819896.1000.1200.jpg

Part List:

Female body(hybrid teenage body with metal skeleton)

COSTUME:
TRANSPARENCY RAINCOAT (YELLOW)
3D PATTERN SKIRT (CHARCOAL GRAY)
TURTLENECK T-SHIRT (BLACK)
WOMENS HIGH LONG SOCKS LEGGINGS (BLACK)
HEAD-SCULPT "JOI" with Brown Hair
HEAD-SCULPT "JOI" with Blue Hair

ACCESSORIES:
LADIES FLAT LOW HEEL LACE UP MID CALF BOOTS(100% Genuine leather, BLACK)

WEAPON:
BLASTER

More info, price & pics, here

Something from the original BBICN forum description that seems to be missing from the retailer listings is this:

* New anti-dirty transparent yellow raincoat TRANSPARENCY RAINCOAT (YELLOW)

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=367706&extra=page=1

Hopefully this is actually the case and the jacket is as clear as the promo images, since the original was a bit cloudy. The tailoring is also tighter in the new images, with narrower sleeves.

The body sounds like a Pop Toys Xing, and the head looks more in proportion now:

150237p6zhahqshq89us8s.jpg

150242o8zdgetv4gv2s4v8.jpg

I used a Xing, but had to shorten her to accommodate the small head.

50167033107_ca614aec34_o.jpg

48670488098_79d49b93b8_o.jpg

I hope they really have enlarged he head and it's not just illusion or photoshop!

These are the promo images from the original release for comparison:

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2019/03/blackbox-16th-scale-guess-me-series.html

so did they make the head bigger? or body smaller?
looking at the new 2.0 pics, it looks like latter?

The body is most definitely smaller, since the originally recommended TB League was bigger than the Xing which it looks like they're using. The Xing is a hybrid body with a steel skeleton, which fits Black Box's description:

s-l1600.jpg

150245bmmncn36u53nup3l.jpg

The 2.0 head looks a bit larger as well, as it looks more proportional on the body, supposing that the 2.0 is using the same kind I used for the 1.0.

Yeah I was baffled when I saw this go up as a "2.0", since it appears like the exact same figure as before. The head does seem more in proportion with the smaller body but we'll have to see how the final figure turns out.

And of course the skirt is still completely inaccurate.

Blade-Runner-2049-1240.jpg

Adult-sized noggin version or something else?

Hopefully the former. :lol

It's a complete shot in the dark as I haven't seen any retailer photos yet, and there's no unboxing threads on the BBICN forum.

That and the hopefully "New anti-dirty transparent yellow raincoat".

KG Hobby just posted some in hand photos.

199311592_4076180432457639_8469804643013644096_n.jpg

199225587_4076180429124306_4360996137024662054_n.jpg
199508267_4076180425790973_1171456273181952953_n.jpg

Always hard to judge from these kinds of photos, but I'm confused by the change in her top from the black turtle neck, and lack of stockings.

Bait and switch?

At least the coat is clear this time.

The body looks too top heavy, like she's smuggling a couple of cannonballs, which seems an obsession with female figures regardless of the source.

Might have to just try and make the best from both figures.

EDIT:

Maybe the black turtle neck and stockings are included, but not put onto the body to avoid staining in case the buyer wants to display her nude with the blue haired sculpt. 🤔

Last edited:
EDIT:

Maybe the black turtle neck and stockings are included, but not put onto the body to avoid staining in case the buyer wants to display her nude with the blue haired sculpt. 🤔

Mystery solved!

Just saw Ebay listings for Joi 2.0 black turtle neck and leggings, and for the white top, which is actually a dress to protect the legs from the skirt.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Body looks like a PopToys Xing:

s-l1600.jpg

Looking at those cannonballs I'll be putting her onto a body with smaller assets.

Here's mine, which arrived yesterday. She joins my small but merry band of figures. I know at 11inches that equates to 5 ft 6 in which is Ana de Armas' height but this just looks loo long. The head size to shoulder width ratio looks good to me but I'm no expert. Think I'm going to need a smaller(!!) body. Any recommendations? Beware the boot straps. One of mine popped off at the buckle point. Should be an easy fix. Some quick photos below.

IMG_9741.JPEG

IMG_9744.JPEG

IMG_9747.JPEG

Thanks for the pics all. Looking forward to seeing it all put together and posed next to K to get a sense of scale. Face looks a little darker in skin tone compared to the body in those pics, is that indeed the case?

It is darker but in hand, or on display it may blend better. To my eye she looks like a 6ft woman because the head may be too small as the shoulders are not wide enough. My first 2049 figure so no K to go with it -- and all my other figures are packed for an impending move.

It is darker but in hand, or on display it may blend better. To my eye she looks like a 6ft woman because the head may be too small as the shoulders are not wide enough. My first 2049 figure so no K to go with it -- and all my other figures are packed for an impending move.

The specs said it was meant to be a "hybrid teenage body", so she is actually 11" tall? Yet still appears too tall?

Seems like it's the small head problem all over again, and this 2.0 isn't an upgrade beyond providing a clear coat

For a bit of instant height reduction you could remove the ankle pegs, as she shouldn't need them since the tall boots will support her. That's what I did with the first version, which was on a PopToys Xing 92005A semi-seamless body:

s-l1600.jpg

These would also be close to Ana's height. The body they used needs amending anyway, since she's far too heavy up top.

Also, are the black top and leggings definitely included? Those will obviously help with the mismatch in skin tone between the original body and head.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers. Will look into those bodies.

The black top and leggings are definitely included in my box. There's a little bag under the body.

Haven't opened it yet, but clearly black clothing. And here's a full body shot. It's a nice, lean type of body. It's just too much so for my taste.

IMG_9755.JPEG

IMG_9742e.JPEG

It does look strangely tall. It could be the height at which the ankle pegs plug into the boots that's giving her the leggy appearance.

With the pegs out she might look better proportionally.

The body Black Box used looks like a less refined version of Pop Toys' Xing.

s-l1600.jpg

Whereas the Xing offers A, B and C bust choices, this one would have to be labelled a D or E. It's really excessive for Ana de Armas.

This may actually be the same body that Alert Line used for their Red Army women, because I had to take a knife to the NKVD girls just so the tunics would close properly.

My figure is still en route, but I'm thinking how to salvage the body. With Xings you can pull the neck/chest piece off and replace it with another version. As I don't have another version it will have to be surgery instead. However, since Joi's top is close fitting it might not work as well just taking a knife to the body as I did with the Alert Lines.

With the Xing there are hard plastic implants under the rubber, so I'm thinking the rubber could be cut off, cut down and glued back on in an attempt to reduce her from an E to a B (!)

Just received Joi 2.0, a day later than expected because Royal Mail sent her to the wrong delivery office on Sunday. :slap

The differences between this and their original Joi:

1. The boots are now genuine leather, and taller. There's a definite leather aroma with these. One of the buckle straps was detached out of the box and will need gluing back to the boot.

2. The coat is more transparent than the original cloudy version. It's also tailored to the new body, with tighter sleeves and narrower across the shoulders.

3. The heads are just as small as the original. It might be an optical illusion but the new brown haired sculpt looks a little shorter than the 1.0, and maybe narrower.

The eyes are painted differently. Somehow she looks better, less of the wide-eyed surprise and more intensity or concentration.

The blue haired head also looks like a new sculpt. The eyes are smaller and the head is narrower. The hair is a lighter blue and longer.

4. She has a body, of course, whereas the original was just a dual sculpt and costume set. The body is possibly a little taller than the PopToys Xing. Hard to tell because my Joi 1.0 doesn't have ankle pegs. It's certainly narrower across the shoulders than the Xing.

Pulling the wrist and ankle pegs out reveals the steel skeleton they described.

I have no idea what make of body it is, but it has quite realistic abdomen sculpting in the soft rubbery torso, which is evident through the thin white dress they gave her to protect from staining.

She's also sculpted 'down there', but not painted.

Unlike a Xing there's no plastic framework under the breasts. It's just big hollow, squishy rubber breasts over a void. I'll try taping them down with electrical tape, because surgery won't be as easy as I expected.

I was hoping the 2.0 was going to be a more in scale figure, but there's absolutely no hope of that. I like the sculpts but they dictate that she's going to have to be shortened again, along with a pretty severe breast reduction!

Last edited:
Finished setting up Joi 2.0.

I wound electrical tape around her upper torso to strap the breasts down. It's not perfect but it works, especially under the coat.

I pulled the ankle pegs out to shorten her, and pushed the legs as far into the boots as they'd go.

Convinced that the 2.0 sculpts were smaller than the 1.0s, I swapped them over.

So this Joi 1.0 on the left with the 2.0 sculpt, and Joi 2.0 on the right with the 1.0 sculpt:

51278338311_774a0faf27_o.jpg

Joi 2.0 sculpt:

51278505938_d27492a387_z.jpg

Joi 1.0 sculpt:

51279058429_02e0cabb46_z.jpg

Suffice to say both sculpts look much better at their actual size rather than enlarged so much, and the difference in expression/appearance between them in hand is actually quite remarkable.

Seeing them together I prefer the wider eyed 1.0. The eyes and lower eyelids on the 2.0 transforms the face so much that it's reminding me much more of Maisie Williams than Ana de Armas.

A comparison of the blue haired sculpts, which I'll probably never use:

1.0:

51279358960_2bd9d72299_z.jpg

2.0:

51278505958_f52e3263ba_z.jpg

To sum up, after seeing them together I think the only thing I prefer on the 2.0 is the coat.

The 2.0 body is slim across the shoulders and in the limbs. I prefer the Xing I used for the 1.0 as it looks closer to Ana's proportions, especially with the thicker thighs and wider hips.

I also prefer the proportions of the 1.0 boots being slightly shorter, and fuller. The narrowness of the 2.0 serves to accentuate the long, slim legs.

I'm trying to find best between the figures to make the 'ultimate' Joi, so next I'll try the 2.0 coat on the 1.0, and swap the heads back.

Last edited:
Back