Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t Jack Nicholson the first actor to request less money upfront and base his earnings on the back end of 89 Batman?
I'm pretty sure Marlon Brando did this for the first Superman movie back in 1978. Not sure if there is anything earlier than this?

Disney is going to try and argue that they lost money big-time on the movie due to the pandemic therefore she is not entitled to money that doesn’t exist. I would agree that they either lost money or are poised to lose money if they are forced to pay out her entire contract out.

Only the insiders precisely know how her contract is written.

Is she being greedy and unreasonable probably not it is “show business” not “show friends” after all and nobody knows that better than Disney.

This is a huge embarrassment black guy for Disney’s MCU reputation so I think they are going make things right and pay her the up to 50 million she is seeking for or else risk having the entire MCU cast taking her side on social media and that would be really bad…yikes!

Nothing petty about 50 million.

Should have never made her an EP lol
Tough call as no one seen Covid coming. Not sure what the language is, but a lot of money was lost regardless. It was pretty clear that a lot of the agents and actors didn't want this going to streaming, which would clearly bring in a lot less money. Not sure if we will ever know what was exactly in the contract so not sure which side to believe. I'm sure there will be a settlement and RIP to Scarjo and Disney. Should have left her dead. :lol

Disney has to be careful as well because you pay one actor a huge guaranteed back end payment before the movie is even freaking released and the next thing you know everyone is lined up for the same handout lol

Disney has to be careful as well because you pay one actor a huge guaranteed back end payment before the movie is even freaking released and the next thing you know everyone is lined up for the same handout lol
Usually the big timers want the percentage over the guarantee, at least that's what I read with Pitt/Clooney, etc. If Scarjo is complaining about the lack of money in her percentage and not guaranteed money, it might not work out in her favor.

Statement from Disney:

E7fi39lXIAYhW5V.png

I think this is important and could be open to interpretation:

"To maximize these receipts, and thereby protect her financial interests, Ms. Johansson extracted a promise from Marvel that the release of the picture would be a 'theatrical release,'" the suit claimed. "As Ms. Johansson, Disney, Marvel, and most everyone else in Hollywood knows, a 'theatrical release' is a release that is exclusive to movie theatres. Disney was well aware of this promise, but nonetheless directed Marvel to violate its pledge and instead release the picture on the Disney+ streaming service the very same day it was released in movie theatres."

Promised a "theatrical release". Well it did get a theatrical release. It doesn't mean they can't do it on their streaming platform at the same time. I don't remember anyone suing WB for moving their movies to HBO NOW.

Promised a "theatrical release". Well it did get a theatrical release. It doesn't mean they can't do it on their streaming platform at the same time. I don't remember anyone suing WB for moving their movies to HBO NOW.

Didn't WB eventually pay out $200 million in settlements/amended contracts for putting first run movies on HBO Max?

I'm indifferent to the plights of millionaire movie stars and mega-corps, however whoever is right contractually I want to win.

Savage public comeback from Disney.

The MCU honeymoon is now over folks.

Grant it that sure was a lengthy cinematic honeymoon at 13 years 24 movies lol

Last edited:
Wow..after this lawsuit ..as far as Scar is concerned …Natasha is truly dead to Disney :panic: Any future Nat appearances in the MCU projects will probably not involve Scarlett anymore:lecture

Last edited:
Hope she wins.

Pretty much confirms we will never see her again as Black Widow.

Wow..after this lawsuit ..as far as Scar is concerned …Natasha is truly dead to Disney :panic: Any future Nat appearances in the MCU projects will probably not involve Scarlett anymore:lecture

Better pre-order your HT Black Widow figures now before Disney decides to cancel Scarlett.

It seems that Scarlett was told by marvel that it would only be a theatrical release initially, and Disney disregarded this. If it is in her contact that it would be theatrical only, then fair enough

Obviously we don't know what was in her contact, I'm not sure if she has a leg to stand on. If it meant a possible extra 20 million then it's worth the lawsuit I guess, Disney's reply was a little surprising so will be interesting to see which way this goes

I have to admit my initial reaction was, you've made 20 million plus a lot more already, don't be greedy lol

It seems that Scarlett was told by marvel that it would only be a theatrical release initially, and Disney disregarded this. If it is in her contact that it would be theatrical only, then fair enough

Obviously we don't know what was in her contact, I'm not sure if she has a leg to stand on. If it meant a possible extra 20 million then it's worth the lawsuit I guess, Disney's reply was a little surprising so will be interesting to see which way this goes

I have to admit my initial reaction was, you've made 20 million plus a lot more already, don't be greedy lol

Disney has tried to avoid paying royalties before. The other parties just didn't have the clout nor the funds to wage a legal battle against Disney. Hence, my first thought was Disney's trying to stiff their employees/creatives again and whether other talent just didn't complain about D+ because they didn't want to burn bridges or get black balled or something.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/19/21578621/disney-alan-dean-foster-royalties-copyright-law
https://bookriot.com/disney-must-pay-task-force/

Last edited:
Scarlet Johansson committed career suicide.

Then again, she was replaced by a much younger actress in the MCU. At36, Scarlet knew her time in Hollywood was coming to an end. Now she's trying to Predator herself and take Disney with her.

ScarJo may not even be the one pushing the issue with Disney about her contract and money owed. She has a manager and an agent that get paid a % of her earnings. They are the ones probably pushing the issue..

Back