Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does there "need" to be a new Black Widow? This is one of the problems. It's like they think they need to replace every original Avenger. So stupid.

If your gonna move on from the original team, then move on. We have a new Cap, because it was in the comics and Cap is a symbol to rally behind. For both the general public and for other super heroes. We don't need another Russian assassin to replace Black Widow. We don't need Rhodes or Riri to replace Iron Man. We don't need Hawkeyes daughter to replace him. We don't need She-Hulk to replace Hulk. And we don't need Jane Foster Thor to replace Thor.

Bring on a totally new team of Avengers. Plenty to choose from.

Why does there "need" to be a new Black Widow? This is one of the problems. It's like they think they need to replace every original Avenger. So stupid.

If your gonna move on from the original team, then move on. We have a new Cap, because it was in the comics and Cap is a symbol to rally behind. For both the general public and for other super heroes. We don't need another Russian assassin to replace Black Widow. We don't need Rhodes or Riri to replace Iron Man. We don't need Hawkeyes daughter to replace him. We don't need She-Hulk to replace Hulk. And we don't need Jane Foster Thor to replace Thor.

I agree. I'd rather have new characters. But the Disney+ stuff is total filler and most of those new characters you listed are it. I never liked it about comics, just cheap gender swap and "passing of the torch". Clearly there is Young Avengers and Thunderbolts team building right now. There will eventually be another Avengers with your Captain Falcon at the helm. Who knows if the general public will accept it or not.

Why does there "need" to be a new Black Widow? This is one of the problems. It's like they think they need to replace every original Avenger.

Yes. This, yes!

Like Marvel isn't chock full of repetitive characters to draw from and develop. There's a ton of Widow-esque females to showcase.

Problem is: Disney. Marvel characters are now brands. Black Widow is a brand.

1zn7386c6t471.jpg

:exactly::goodpost: Agreed! Great post.

Well there's the Eternals, Shang Chi and Ms.Marvel :monkey3
Lol....well COOL newer characters for the MCU. DD, Punisher, Moon Knight and Blade are coming, Ghost Rider. Well I'm sure this is now a 30 year plan with the success Marvel has had so they can use those characters to win fans back after Phase Snore.

Well I hope u guys tell me how it is cause I’m not seeing it. Dullest character in the mcu. And people whines about cap marvel

Lol....well COOL newer characters for the MCU. DD, Punisher, Moon Knight and Blade are coming, Ghost Rider. Well I'm sure this is now a 30 year plan with the success Marvel has had so they can use those characters to win fans back after Phase Snore.
You might want to copyright "Phase Snore"...It could be a money maker on hats and t-shirts in the next 18 months! :)

So the main take away from all of the reviews is that FP is the best part of this movie.

Makes sense since Disney probably influenced all of the reviewers to focus on that since she’s the one they picked to be in the MCU going forward.

Scarjo can kiss my ass with her outrage that she was just a piece of meat to be purchased in IM2 pointing out Stark’s comment to Pepper that he wants one when referring to BW.

Give me a fiipping break Scarjo that was the whole point of building up his character going from an obnoxious arrogant self centered person to becoming a man who learns how to sacrifice himself for humanity 22 movies down the road!

Did she forget that movies are about character arcs.

Another freaking woke actress who used her looks to get where she is at but now all of a sudden her looks should not be celebrated.

Yes BW is sexy in both physical form, attitude and attributes freaking deal with it.

Guess what Scarjo i’m still going to look at your body when you are onscreen and there is nothing you can do about it short of retiring from acting lol

Last edited:
So the main take away from all of the reviews is that FP is the best part of this movie.

Makes sense since Disney probably influenced all of the reviewers to focus on that since she’s the one they picked to be in the MCU going forward.

Scarjo can kiss my ass with her outrage that she was just a piece of meat to be purchased in IM2 pointing out Stark’s comment to Pepper that he wants one when referring to BW.

Give me a fiipping break Scarjo that was the whole point of building up his character going from an obnoxious arrogant self centered person to becoming a man who learns how to sacrifice himself for humanity 22 movies down the road!

Did she forget that movies are about character arcs.

Another freaking woke actress who used her looks to get where she is at but now all of a sudden her looks should not be celebrated.

Yes BW is sexy in both physical form, attitude and attributes freaking deal with it.

Guess what Scarjo i’m still going to look at your body when you are onscreen and there is nothing you can do about it short of retiring from acting lol
I don't think she was expressing outrage but merely recognizing that her character was initially more sex symbol than anything else and things are decidedly different now. Heck, isn't there a behind the scenes video of the crew (including Favreau) ogling her & cat-calling while she struts back & forth down the hallway in her catsuit? That had nothing to do with Tony's arc. :lol

I don't think she was expressing outrage but merely recognizing that her character was initially more sex symbol than anything else and things are decidedly different now. Heck, isn't there a behind the scenes video of the crew (including Favreau) ogling her & cat-calling while she struts back & forth down the hallway in her catsuit? That had nothing to do with Tony's arc. :lol
I know which video you are talking about it’s a pretty funny and popular one and not only does she seem to be in on the joke it looks like she is the one who instigated it.

Besides I don’t remember a gun to her head making her strut showing off her sexuality she instigated that the second she signed on for the role and was measured for her costume fitting.

She was showing off a form fitting costume that she signed on for as an adult to use and get paid for using.

Nope nope nope not buying it for one second.

I know which video you are talking about it’s a pretty funny and popular one and not only does she seem to be in on the joke it looks like she is the one who instigated it.

Besides I don’t remember a gun to her head making her strut showing off her sexuality she instigated that the second she signed on for the role and was measured for her costume fitting.

She was showing off a form fitting costume that she signed on for as an adult to use and get paid for using.

Nope nope nope not buying it for one second.
Yes, but it's not like she's denying any of that was the case. I think she was just saying that there's less of that objectification going on now and an actress's sexiness isn't the first consideration anymore when it comes to her landing a role. Not that I necessarily agree with that last part, plus it's easy for her to say now that she's got a few hundred million in the bank. :lol

Did Scarjo forget she was playing a Russian Assassin?? Trained to do ANYTHING to get the job done. Anybody watch Red Sparrow??? I'm sure they didn't show that part of her training in the Black Widow movie... :lol

Cold, ruthless, and having no remorse. Her body is just as much a tool & weapon as her intelligence, physical abilities and skill sets. And when it comes to most weak willed men, that basically means using sex appeal & actual sex to get them to drop their guard.

Her arc was to atone for everything she had done in the past. And become a reliable, trustworthy team player..

Back