Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phase 1 was similar though. We only found out who the big bad was at the end credits of Avengers Assemble.

I think I posted in one of these threads that I think the Eternals happened in a different universe. Maybe She Hulk too.

The way I understand it, the Dimensions/Realms are places between universes (they are separate from that universe' reality but still connected to it). So for example, you can use the quantum realm as a bridge between different universes (EG's time travel).
The difference with Phase 1 though is that Avengers was movie six and we'd only had about 12 hours of content at this stage, compared to Phase 4 where we've had seven movies, eight TV shows and two TV specials for over 30+ hours of content. It's a lot of stuff with no glue.

Also, the overall quality of Phase 4 is worse than that of the other phases due to pushing out so much in two years i.e. quantity over quality.

The general perception of Phase 4 is that is that is disjointed with no recognisable theme.

Last edited:
The difference with Phase 1 though is that Avengers was movie six and we'd only had about 12 hours of content at this stage, compared to Phase 4 where we've had seven movies, eight TV shows and two TV specials for over 30+ hours of content. It's a lot of stuff with no glue.

Also, the overall quality of Phase 4 is worse than that of the other phases due to pushing out so much in two years i.e. quantity over quality.

The general perception of Phase 4 is that is that is disjointed with no recognisable theme.
With the new old Disney CEO back maybe we'll get back on track. He has promised to push back creative control over to the actual creatives.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four - Wikipedia

2 Films

2.1 Black Widow (2021)
2.2 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
2.3 Eternals (2021)
2.4 Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
2.5 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
2.6 Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
2.7 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

3 Television series

3.1 WandaVision (2021)
3.2 The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021)
3.3 Loki season 1 (2021)
3.4 What If...? season 1 (2021)
3.5 Hawkeye (2021)
3.6 Moon Knight (2022)
3.7 Ms. Marvel (2022)
3.8 She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (2022)

The big mistake I see is not focusing on established Avengers.

Give Hulk and Hawkeye their own stand alone films. Much better than Eternals and Shang Chi. Would have split the Dr Strange sequel with Loki as the other half of the film. Turn Thor 4 into Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.5. Make it a space adventure where they search for other Asgard survivors or any other reason to go into space. The Black Widow film could have been a flashback to "Budapest" and infused Hawkeye into the story. Brought back Coulson, Sitwell, Hill and Nick Fury. Wakanda Forever could have been the release of several multi-verse Hulks ( bring back Eric Bana and Ed Norton) and have them slaughter the entire Wakandan army.

I would have replaced Moon Knight with a TV series about Justin Hammer

I would have replaced Ms Marvel with a TV series about The Mandarin

I would remove Falcon from that series, and just make it a flashback series to Bucky as the mind controlled Winter Soldier.

Kill off the troublesome characters. Or ones that fans just don't like. Jane Foster? Killed. Valkyrie? Killed. Mark Ruffalo version of Banner? Killed.

I saw the film a few hours ago with my son and a family friend, we all liked it. I liked the movie more than I expected to and thought it was well done overall. I thought the story moved well and liked the back story of Namor.

Since rumors first started to circulate about Namor being in the BP sequel I was excited about seeing him portrayed on film. Like some others I was expecting to see Namor portrayed by a taller more physically imposing actor, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed the actor’s portrayal of Namor. The fact that the Tenoch Huerta didn’t look the way I initially expected Namor to appear did not detract from my enjoyment of the film. Huerta provided a great portrayal, although I think Angela Bassett probably gave the best performance in the film Huerta was very good.

Once again the concept art looked much better, but nooooooooooo we just had to have that poor excuse for a beard, that hair and those earings. But hey, they kept the goddamn briefs, so how can I complain?!

0plech3cqa2a1.jpg

316419618_682768266549507_3493036259882342482_n.jpg

Zeus is just fine being fat Crowe with a skirt bearing no resemblance to any mythology, but The Virgin just had to have the nose ring for "cultural reasons". Double standards who?

Anyway, I hope they bring him back, give him a shave, dress him up in a suit and have him do something cool next time around, without going down to a twig girlie. Maybe I won't even have to seek out a replacement Keanu head for my dolly if he works out and gets that makeover. Apparently Universal still owns the rights so a Virgin solo flick is out of the question, which means that best case scenario is that he'll show up again as a guest star somewhere. Recent rumours say that there's gonna be a storyline of Val/USA going hard against Wakanda, Talocan and other Vibranium sites, so I imagine he's bound to show up in the next few Phases. From what I gather they're teaming up Ross and the Contessa as replacements for Osborn and doing a Dark Reign quasi-adaptation. Honestly? I don't mind it. I enjoyed Dark Reign a lot (last good event for me), but as the years go by the more ridiculous and hamfisted it is. The bickering psychos aspect got old fast and there wasn't much else. Secret Warriors remains my favourite part of that era (and I'm finally getting a reprint). Osborn was just used as Not!Luthor and while it made little sense then, it's even more ridiculous now. Psycho CEO rising to Black Ops Director was meh. Ross and Contessa fit the theme much better. Cap 4, T-Bolts and the Wakanda series seem to be building up to that, so we'll have to see how it all turns out. Savage Land has been brought up. And hey, maybe Latveria will have some Vibranium too. You get a magical ethnostate, and you get a magical ethnostate, everyone gets a magical ethnostate!

Anyway, I've always hated the trunks, so I'm rooting for these looks in the future:

ff1030305e94a3c657082962db04a304--namor-marvel-art-marvel-.jpg
b64235b09f6a19db6feffd1e4ecd876c.png

5387401-1478794-n_talkin_to_sue_zps40d9701e.png
7ebadcb866217e5109bae2748bbbe7796cb00183_hq.jpg

I'd take either one, but I'm rooting for either the modern look, or the Hickman one:

namor-atlantis.png
PM86zFj.jpg

Obviously I'm a fan of the "muscled underwater elf" aesthetic, which is why I'm so peeved the guy isn't handsome enough. I don't need Xavier to be a male model, but Namor needs that ethereal look. Whatever, I'm open to giving him another shot now that the introduction's out of the way. The guy needs a makeover, and then I'll consider buying his doll.

Kit Fisto was my favourite of the "do nothing and stand around" alien Jedis. Then probably Shaak Ti and Plo Koon. And how can I forget Quinlan Vos? Honestly, I liked them all well enough. I doubt I'd spend money on the dollies, but I hope Kit Fisto at least gets made.

Anyway, I'm back to waiting for more Manletmor news to complain about.

tumblr_inline_nijvzkwIDO1qz5s08.gif

Last edited:
Marvel producer confirmed again that Namor nor Hulk can be solo in an MCU movie and not even shown solo in marketing due to Universal’s legal stranglehold.

Yikes!
That's why they let Coogler do whatever he wanted and didn't bother making the character too marketable as an IP. Due to Universal, the MCU never had any plans for Namor, so they let him rework him into The Virgin. I weep for what became of the Avenging Son... Eh, maybe next time around Manletmor'll be better, and wear a suit to hide those flabs. He's a good actor, with some touch-ups I could buy him as a good enough representation. If not, as long as there's a suit and I can swap a phicen body and a Keanu head, I'm still good. But I do hope Manletmor comes back in more series. Namor becoming a bigger IP is a good thing, regardless. I know I'll never get my AAA Lovecraftian Namor game, but a man can dream...

That's why they let Coogler do whatever he wanted and didn't bother making the character too marketable as an IP. Due to Universal, the MCU never had any plans for Namor, so they let him rework him into The Virgin. I weep for what became of the Avenging Son... Eh, maybe next time around Manletmor'll be better, and wear a suit to hide those flabs. He's a good actor, with some touch-ups I could buy him as a good enough representation. If not, as long as there's a suit and I can swap a phicen body and a Keanu head, I'm still good. But I do hope Manletmor comes back in more series. Namor becoming a bigger IP is a good thing, regardless. I know I'll never get my AAA Lovecraftian Namor game, but a man can dream...
Yeah Huerta is a good actor and did a great job in this movie.

I was also thinking about getting a Hot Toys Namor and finding a suitable body to swap. I also have always thought of Namor being taller and more physically impressive, very much along these lines …

Attachments

• 3C2C5EFE-DBEF-4A23-9AAF-1A6C5E5F302A.jpeg
    3C2C5EFE-DBEF-4A23-9AAF-1A6C5E5F302A.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Personally I think it would be great if they find a good way to legally/contractually have Namor’s thread advanced within the context of some of the other story lines Marvel is able to produce as Victor mentioned. Namor has been associated with multiple groups etc over time so there should be more than ample opportunity

I seem to remember a time many years ago when Namor was in the Fantastic Four (I could be wrong I’m sort of old now), Thing had lost his powers or something and Namor filled in.
It would be awesome if they brought Namor back in with FF4, that way they can also create a connection of some sort with he and Doom.

At any rate this came to mind because of one of the pictures Victor put up a few posts back. One of the costumes reminded me of Namor and the Fantastic Four. All I remember is that I loved this outfit (I think it helped him stay hydrated or something), the color and the wings on the side are awesome and if Hot Toys made a figure of him in this outfit it would be an INSTANT PRE-ORDER for me …

Attachments

• F66273E8-6B84-498D-94B7-453A2243E130.jpeg
    F66273E8-6B84-498D-94B7-453A2243E130.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
Marvel producer confirmed again that Namor nor Hulk can be solo in an MCU movie and not even shown solo in marketing due to Universal’s legal stranglehold.

Yikes!
Wakanda Forever: Why a Namor Movie Can't Be Made by Marvel
producer Nate Moore confirmed to TheWrap: “He can return” — but Disney won’t be able to produce a standalone movie about the character.

Namor’s situation is similar to Marvel Studios’ deal with Universal for Hulk. Neither can star in his own movie because Universal Pictures has the rights to both characters. And he can’t appear by himself in marketing materials, unless it’s part of a series of posters. We spoke to “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” producer Moore about the situation and he acknowledged that Namor was “borrowed” like the Hulk.

Re-iterating the reason a classic Defenders Film is a must to develop (a return to Savage) Hulk and Namor, done right it's the best vehicle for two of the most sensational and volatile characters in the Marvel U.
I still hope this MCU Namor can be further developed into his own self titled MCU movie, if they can't (like Hulk), then put them both with Dr. Strange in a classic Defenders Movie franchise.
:cwink:

65qj19.jpg

6nyr1o.jpg

FdwzAoYXwAM9UyD
6v0qxj.jpg
FdwzAoYXwAM9UyD

729o5m.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Huerta is a good actor and did a great job in this movie.

I was also thinking about getting a Hot Toys Namor and finding a suitable body to swap. I also have always thought of Namor being taller and more physically impressive, very much along these lines …
There were some scenes were he was awkward, and he's not physically up to my standards for Namor, but he did capture most aspects of the character. It's just too much of a general departure for me to accept it fully. He's a good actor though, I hope he gets more roles and exposure. I said it before, but my favourite bits were how nonchalant he was about his plan to drown Wakanda if Shuri didn't cave in to his demands. If anything, I think they downplayed Namor's viciousness. Namor's core is how highly he thinks of himself. He's not Doom levels of narcissism, but he's not just a good-natured leader, he's someone with a built-in superiority complex. Namor is a prick, and we love him for that, but he's also honourable and wise beneath his bipolar anger, which ultimately makes him interesting. The MCU just made him very protective and loving of his people to the point where he's willing to go to extremes, which is close enough but misses that spark of the scoundrel. I'll miss my regal muscled elf though...

As for the figure, honestly, I don't know. I dislike the beard and nosering (I don't like noserings in any fashion). I don't mind the earrings, but the beard and nosering are too much for me. And I'm not sure if HT would go to the trouble of developing a seamless body for him. So between this not being "muh Namor" and these aspects of his look, I'll pass. On its own I like the aesthetic, and as a self-professed hater of the trunks, I like all the extra jewelery they added. They make him feel more regal. If he looked like the concept art I posted above, clean shaven and everything, I'd have surely considered it, changes to the character be damned. I want to support the "Namor" brand so that I can get some comic merch eventually, but these things cost too much for me to spend money willy-nilly. I'll wait for him to appear again and see what happens then. I am rooting for a good WF Namor dolly though. I think it'd make for a pretty unique display piece with the head dress, a nice base and so on.

Personally I think it would be great if they find a good way to legally/contractually have Namor’s thread advanced within the context of some of the other story lines Marvel is able to produce as Victor mentioned. Namor has been associated with multiple groups etc over time so there should be more than ample opportunity

I seem to remember a time many years ago when Namor was in the Fantastic Four (I could be wrong I’m sort of old now), Thing had lost his powers or something and Namor filled in.
It would be awesome if they brought Namor back in with FF4, that way they can also create a connection of some sort with he and Doom.

At any rate this came to mind because of one of the pictures Victor put up a few posts back. One of the costumes reminded me of Namor and the Fantastic Four. All I remember is that I loved this outfit (I think it helped him stay hydrated or something), the color and the wings on the side are awesome and if Hot Toys made a figure of him in this outfit it would be an INSTANT PRE-ORDER for me …
Namor's been a bit part of the FF team in various stories and AUs. Just when you think he's moved on from Sue and he and Reed have an amicable relationship, hack writers bring back the cuckoldry subplot which makes nobody look good. You'd think they'd have moved past it ages ago. Where's Dorma and Andromeda when you need them? Namor's a core part of the FF, but it comes with baggage. Well, he can always just go hang with Doom. Hell, in an AU he is Doom.

RCO019.jpg

Recent rumours indicate that the rights will go back to Marvel in 2 years, so who knows. I think he will apear again in whatever ends up happening with the Vibranium storyline, but I don't see the MCU involving him with the FF. And without the FF connection there's no reason to team up with Doom either. Most probably they'll emphasize his connection to the X-Men. Me, I want to see Strange assemble his own Illuminati, though this Namor doesn't have anything to offer there. 616 Namor has seniority and "muh 70% of the world is water". Ku'Kul'Kan's spent 400 years in a single city. And with characters like Black Bolt not even properly introduced, I'm getting the feeling that if such a team appears before Secret Wars, it'll be a Multiversal type of thing with Strange and Reed dragging in AU Tonys and the such. Maybe one of them could be a Namor who's taken over the entire world. Who knows? We'll see, but I hope they keep using him. Manletmor aside, I want the name to get bigger.

Hm.

NOMOR

NO MOR

NO MOR(E)

tumblr_mx3vrl8ge41qjoke8o2_250.gif

Doctor Who x MCU crossover confirmed?! InArt making comic styled Marvel figures also confirmed?!

Fagr.gif

I won't rest until I get a muscled, naked elfman up in m- No wait that came out wrong. Y-You get what I mean...

-

Kidding aside, Namor went from "The Avenging Son" to "The Virgin". Talk about a downgrade for our favourite Atlantean...

Hm.

NOMOR

NO MOR

NO MOR(E)

tumblr_mx3vrl8ge41qjoke8o2_250.gif

Doctor Who x MCU crossover confirmed?! InArt making comic styled Marvel figures also confirmed?!

Fagr.gif

I won't rest until I get a muscled, naked elfman up in m- No wait that came out wrong. Y-You get what I mean...

-

Kidding aside, Namor went from "The Avenging Son" to "The Virgin". Talk about a downgrade for our favourite Atlantean...
Maybe little Shuri will make him a man yet.

Maybe little Shuri will make him a man yet.
There's a ton of fanart about it already, but considering the events of the flick, I don't see it working out. Then again, violent conquerors do make women faint, so...

fba3d211f3e519b6ebd8c71432c42d3c987655cc.jpg

FiJJcWjaUAIiQpN

God bless anime fanart for making everyone much more attractive than they are in real life...

5a9df3e7e6a11734695ba8889f9042d37ca22311.gifv

The Virgin's arms are so small the (very plastic and awful looking from up close) vambrances look ready to slide off. Meanwhile, 616 Namor:

EsMwyTiXUAA4ikR.jpg

Everyone knows Namor lusts after only blondes and blue-skinned redheads. And sometimes worm monsters but we don't talk about that. Where is Andromeda? How will I ever get Emma x Namor? They robbed us of Lady Dorma!

9ef35433b849d4cc12e1402e2ce44316ddfb468a.png

I'll never get Suma-Ket and the Serpent Crown stories. No Hyberborean Conan-esque mythos. They even ruined Shuma-Gorath. I will never forget what they took from me...

tumblr_otw5p7dWIb1qicspho6_500.gifv

I've really warmed up to the idea of Keanu Namor over the last year, so I really hope they give Manletmor a suit next time so that I can get to modding. A Wick head, a mid-build Phicen body and hey presto, here's a Namor ready to stand next to the Illuminati.

james-holland-namorb-insta.jpg

Sigh, what could've been...

Last edited:
I dunno man.

I've always agreed that the dweeb with a giant ugly green rock shoved through his nose looks effing stupid on a molecular level.

But after seeing all the comic book references you're posting of what's supposed to be the "cool" Namor....

Maybe you're just blind to the fact that Namor sucks, and he's always sucked.

Back