Birds of Prey - 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This head sculpt is pretty good. I remember seeing the SS regular and Dancer Harley promo pics, thinking that the likeness wasn't quite there. In-hand however, both sculpts are brilliant. This one actually looks pretty good in the promo pics, I assume it will be even better in hand. It's odd that they've gone for smaller thighs, but they might change that. I thought the Dancer Harley thighs were wide but accurate. Also think Hot Toys have listened to the ciriticism from the first sculpt, the make-up is much more obvious and the face is so much more vibrant in this version. I trust Hot Toys will impress on release similar to the Dancer version. This caution tape version was the one I was waiting for, but the price is high and the release date is a long way away. I'm pretty sure it won't sell out on Sideshow, so plenty of time to decide.

Dancer version?s head sculpt was horrible. The teeth made her look like the mask worn in the Purge.

A lot of folks slept on the prisoner version sculpt. In person it looks really good, I might even say it's the best Robbie we've gotten out of all of them. I bought that version for the sculpt and sold the rest of the package parted out just so I could get one for my standard HQ.

Dancer version?s head sculpt was horrible. The teeth made her look like the mask worn in the Purge.

It really isn't. I have it in hand, and it's really good. The teeth are perhaps a fraction too big, but the sculpt on the whole is brilliant. It's also got rooted hair, so that adds to the realism. The promo pics didn't look good, but in hand it's really impressive. DeanKnight really zoomed in on the face with lighting, and it really brings out the quality of the sculpt. The teeth really aren't a problem unless you go very very close to it and stare at it. From a regular distance, it's fine. It's only a fraction too big. It's actually a really impressive piece in hand.

H.jpgH2.jpg

One of the the other "off" vibes to the Harley figures are the short necks (Margot has a thin, longer neck) and the Harley figure has a bigger bust than the on screen version.

I don't get HT's pricing, how is this Harley figure $40 more than the Batgirl?

It's probably the extra outfits and accessories. That jacket also seems like a pain to make. Batgirl also has a small amount of accessories compared to Harley.

It's probably the extra outfits and accessories. That jacket also seems like a pain to make. Batgirl also has a small amount of accessories compared to Harley.

I just figured the new molding required for all the batsuit parts would cost more than the soft goods etc for Harley.

I don't get HT's pricing, how is this Harley figure $40 more than the Batgirl?

You can have two looks. The Police Station look, and the Caution Tape look. To be honest, if you just get the/custom yellow jumpsuit, you can have 3 looks. But I do agree, the pricing is very high.

This is much more what I'm looking for as a figure to represent BOP on my shelf. The two looks are a huge selling point for me, and while the head isn't perfect, it's better. Downside is no mallet or roller skates, plus the fact that the movie seemed to build to Harley adopting the gold look.

I only buy 2-3 Hot Toys figures a year, so I'm waiting a while before I order to see if the Batman Forever Batman and Robin actually get a preorder. They're my priority this year, as I've already ordered the 89 Mezco Batman (which is almost Hot Toy price), so I can't get all of the above.

If no Batman and Robin then I'm nabbing this Harley. If no other cool Bat-surprises this year, I might get both Harleys. (Although I'm hoping for Nurse Joker to be a Toy Fairs exclusive...)

This doll looks like puke. The whole design is obnoxious.

Gee, is this supposed to be Harley Quinn? I couldn't tell by all the Harley Quinn tattoos or "Harley Quinn" being printed all over her shirt.

I've got this one on PO, but I'm honestly pretty surprised by how much I still kind of want to PO the gold outfit too. I think Robbie just really brings this character to life in a fun way. Plus I'm kinda of thinking about her and armored WW on a shelf to themselves.

They're both great and have multiple looks. Really a win win to grab both and I agree on Margot's portrayal. I usually do my shelves in 3's so I'll have to decide on a third as well. That WW looks really sweet!

I finally watched this last night. Movie's alright...kinda just a bunch of dumb fun. Margot is great as expected and Ewan steals the scene every time he's on the camera. But the connective tissue wasn't super strong. This one needed a little more TLC before going to shoot...more often than not I just was waiting for Harley to show back up.

I doubt it'll happen now given how bad this movie's theatrical run was, but I'd love to get the writing staff from the HQ animated series working with Margot. One of the things I really liked in the movie were the little insights and psychoanalysis points Harley made to both herself and others. That's a strong character point worthy of being built on. An outright character study focused on Harley would be a really engaging flick because she's self-aware she's off the rocker and has the education to diagnose it.

All in all though, I don't know if I'm as motivated to move on either BOP figs. I had an interest but after seeing the movie I feel pretty content with my original Suicide Squad release. The tailoring on this version needs a little squaring up. The shirt is too flowy and would require a water treatment I think...the tears in her shorts aren't right either. Knowing how intricate Dr. Stranger's handwraps are makes me think these could have been done with real materials. There was a missed opportunity to offer the trench coat, hat, and glasses to complete the GCPD look too.

I finally watched this last night. Movie's alright...kinda just a bunch of dumb fun. Margot is great as expected and Ewan steals the scene every time he's on the camera. But the connective tissue wasn't super strong. This one needed a little more TLC before going to shoot...more often than not I just was waiting for Harley to show back up.

Funny, I also watched it last night and feel pretty much the same way. The whole time I was thinking about how Margot Robbie deserves better than these messy movies.

As for the figures, seeing the movie kinda just confirmed that I do want this figure for the police station look, I think that was a cool sequence and it?s just a nice look overall. The only problem is that I also kinda like the roller skates from the gold version and definitely prefer that one?s head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a really fun design. I sort of missed the good old days with 2 head sculpts. Now it's like 1 head sculpt per figure. And different outfits.

Looking at Sideshow's site, it says this is still planned for shipping out Jul 2021 - Oct 2021... We've seen no sign of the figure at any con and the other one with the gold pants was pushed to Dec 2021 - Feb 2022... Has there been any word/news on it?

Back