Birds of Prey - 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't I read somewhere those tattoos cannot be printed on the material they use for seamless legs?

Didn't I read somewhere those tattoos cannot be printed on the material they use for seamless legs?

Yes, that is the reason they give for not using seamless legs. It would seem legit as they've shown with WW they can do seamless if they want.

I'm gonna get this, pick up the roller skates and a couple of other bits from the first figure announced to have most looks covered.

It has 2 looks, accessories, and shes a popular merch seller. Price seems fair imo.

oof, $281! wow, it HAS been a long time since I bought a HT release, I never paid anything close to that for a non-DX release. Looks like it'll be the payment plan route for me.

All said and done (price + shipping + tax) came to just shy of $333 :horror

Buy from a store with free shipping and no tax.

I no longer buy from Sideshow anymore (unless it?s an EX or out of stock elsewhere).

As you said, it tacks on an additional $50-ish and SSC doesn?t even double-box or pad it.

I like this one better than the other version. You could literally buy this and get the jumpsuit off eBay and have 3 different outfits in one. The price is high but I like you get 2 outfits with it as well as a decent amount of accessories which HT has been slacking on a lot recently.
Yeah, this is exactly the figure I wanted. To me the price is fair. I'm on board.

I wish she would have come with the bonnet, glasses, and trench coat to complete the police station disguise look. But the caution tape jacket is the more prominent outerwear so I see why they went that way.

Buy from a store with free shipping and no tax.

I no longer buy from Sideshow anymore (unless it?s an EX or out of stock elsewhere).

As you said, it tacks on an additional $50-ish and SSC doesn?t even double-box or pad it.

Out of curiosity, where do you suggest? I've been wanting to jump ship on Sideshow before I build up too much in rewards and feel obligated to stay, but I don't know the best alternatives.

I'm in North America, if it matters.

I wish she would have come with the bonnet, glasses, and trench coat to complete the police station disguise look. But the caution tape jacket is the more prominent outerwear so I see why they went that way.

Ditto, although I'm guessing that will come out via some third party group. Or at least hoping that's the case!

Yes, that is the reason they give for not using seamless legs. It would seem legit as they've shown with WW they can do seamless if they want.

Yes, I've dealt with other collectibles that seem to avoid printing on similar rubberish/silicon material as well. I guess joints are the way to go for her. I'm sure HT evaluated most options before deciding on the exposed joints system.

Some posts here and other platforms make it sound like HT is choosing exposed joints on purpose to troll collectors. :cuckoo:

Out of curiosity, where do you suggest? I've been wanting to jump ship on Sideshow before I build up too much in rewards and feel obligated to stay, but I don't know the best alternatives.

I'm in North America, if it matters.

I typically go through Timewalker Toys since there?s no tax, free shipping and their price is typically lower than Sideshow (Harley is $275 at TW vs $281 at SSC).

2 caveats:

1) Free shipping on $350 or more - I buy most of my figures through TW so this is not an issue. If I place an order for Harley @$275, it?s under the $350 threshold but there?s an option at checkout to bundle with free shipping with your other preexisting orders. I believe extremely large items (like Ecto-1) do not qualify.

2) Figures take longer to ship - Sideshow is the main distributor for many figures so they?ll get them first and I?m guessing SSC fulfills their direct orders before distributing to stores like Timewalker. I can imagine how terribly inefficient this is - Asian factories send to Sideshow in CA, SSC ships to Timewalker in Kansas, then TW ships it back to the West Coast where I?m located - not good for the carbon footprint. [emoji23]

I might be in minority but I?m relieved when figures are delayed or take a long time to ship - not necessarily because of monetarily but due to space issues and having a stockpile of unboxed figures. I need to invest in the moducases since my existing displays are packed.

Other collectors probably have their other go-to shops to recommend. BBTS might be an option depending on your state - they recently began charging tax in more states. But they have $4 flat shipping and they don?t have to ship upon arrival (?pile of loot?) - if you order 5 figures for example, you can hold at their warehouse for several months and ship together for only $4.

I typically only buy third party figures from 1/6 Kit but I noticed Harley is $287 (shipped) at their website. They are based in Hong Kong but their shipping is surprisingly quick.

Any savings from Sideshow rewards are wiped out by sales tax and shipping fees - although customer service for replacements/returns is much smoother with SSC. That?s the main advantage of paying that premium with them.

I haven't had any issues with Timewalker Toys, but I'll also give a shout out to Alter Ego Comics. They're like Timewalker in that they get distribution from Sideshow, and they also double box and ship for free (over $250). The difference is that Alter Ego has a rewards program (2%, plus birthday rewards), which is sometimes better than Timewalker's upfront discount. I can't speak for Timewalker, but Alter Ego was great about getting replacement parts for an HT figure (the whole process went through SSC).

So muche better than the previous one !

908-DFEEF-68-C5-47-AA-8328-572-C177-A3-BFE.jpg

I much prefer the face on the caution version. The hair is painted more accurately too. Which makes a big difference.

This head sculpt is pretty good. I remember seeing the SS regular and Dancer Harley promo pics, thinking that the likeness wasn't quite there. In-hand however, both sculpts are brilliant. This one actually looks pretty good in the promo pics, I assume it will be even better in hand. It's odd that they've gone for smaller thighs, but they might change that. I thought the Dancer Harley thighs were wide but accurate. Also think Hot Toys have listened to the ciriticism from the first sculpt, the make-up is much more obvious and the face is so much more vibrant in this version. I trust Hot Toys will impress on release similar to the Dancer version. This caution tape version was the one I was waiting for, but the price is high and the release date is a long way away. I'm pretty sure it won't sell out on Sideshow, so plenty of time to decide.

Back