Big Chief Studios: Peaky Blinders 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I belive they are getting shipped to BCS via sea next week, and they'll start sending them to customers end of January, beginning of February. I bought Arthur direct, and Tommy via a French store. I reckon I'll see Tommy in March...
I got my Tommy order direct through BCS, mostly to get the signature edition. I hope you're right and it buys me an extra month. I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately...

Here we go!

“We are pleased to share images of the final production samples of our Tommy Shelby Sixth Scale Character Replica Figure. Final inspection is commencing this week, with shipping before Christmas. Estimated arrival date is late January early February.”

View attachment 612570View attachment 612571View attachment 612572View attachment 612573View attachment 612574View attachment 612575View attachment 612576View attachment 612577View attachment 612578View attachment 612579View attachment 612580View attachment 612581
“We are pleased to…”

They shouldn’t be.

These look very nice for the most part, but for the price i don't like the cheap looking glued on studs that are suppose to pass as buttons on both the shirt and the waistcoat.

The proto had very nice realised buttons that BC used on most of their Dr who figures. The production piece has plain studs that cheapen the overall look.
BCS aren't the only company doing it, as KP did the same thing on their Dracula piece.

It might be a nit-pick for most people, but with the rising cost for these figures i feel i'm being conned more and more:cautious:

12.jpg

Both heads look to have lost a considerable amount of detail and look a little on the waxy side. Clothing looks pretty good aside form what Matrix mentions below about the buttons

These look very nice for the most part, but for the price i don't like the cheap looking glued on studs that are suppose to pass as buttons on both the shirt and the waistcoat.

The proto had very nice realised buttons that BC used on most of their Dr who figures. The production piece has plain studs that cheapen the overall look.
BCS aren't the only company doing it, as KP did the same thing on their Dracula piece.

It might be a nit-pick for most people, but with the rising cost for these figures i feel i'm being conned more and more:cautious:
I agree! The small, more realistic looking buttons were a nice touch on previous figures. I noticed on my Goldfinger 007 while reworking it and thought how cool it was for there to be actual details with the 4 hole button look rather than a standard stud most places use.

Last edited:
I got my Tommy order direct through BCS, mostly to get the signature edition. I hope you're right and it buys me an extra month. I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately...
I'm a bit afraid since they don't mention anything about the signature editions, so I'm not sure when actually they will ship those...

HT are no saints either when it comes to cutting corners. The cheap pleather they continue to use on most of their figures being just one example.
There’s 10 year old figures that look better than these. BGS charge ridiculous prices for poor quality. Reminds me of a certain Sideshow.

These cost HT prices but if HT put out something like this the community would be in meltdown mode :lol
More than an HT. Add the euro/dollar and pound difference(s). Add the shipping and the tax. These are rooted InArt level, at least for me. I'm honestly having second thoughts. This will cost me around 400€, plus the deposit. The average HT goes for 300€ from Kit's. And the difference in quality between them is... noticeable. Maybe in-hand pics from other customers will be better...

I'm a bit afraid since they don't mention anything about the signature editions, so I'm not sure when actually they will ship those...
I assumed that they'd go out at the same time.

You have to consider we’re talking BCS here. They are the equivalent of Kaustic Plastik, or Executive Replicas. Can’t compare them with the big Companies. There’s a reason if Companies the like of BCS, KP and ER cost that much and offer a lower quality compared to the big names. These are passion projects turned into businesses. You have to know that, if you didn’t start collecting yesterday.
Of course ultimately you decide if those figures are worth their money.

To me, they do. These are some of the best figures BCS put out there, if not the best. And I love the characters. These are a worthy representation.

I gave it quite a bit of thought throughout the night, and I ended up cancelling (or rather asking to cancel it and now I have to wait for BCS to respond and allow me to cancel it... EDIT: Checked again, it's gone from my account so I guess that was it EDIT 2: Got a reply, yup, cancelling it; nearly 100$ down the drain...). I'm losing 90€ from the Sig. Edition deposit, but the prospect of paying another ~400€ for this didn't sit right with me. All things considered this'd end up around 1.5 HTs or 1 rooted InArt. It's ~5+ Omnis, or ~20 JoyToy WH40K Spesh Mauhreens. It's too much for what it is.

The clothing's fine, yet even there the entire outfit is too bulky. I know they're dolls and all so it's rather hard for the clothes to drape like in reality, but for that money, I'm expecting more. The real deal breaker is that the head isn't up to par. The hair's like a mop and the painting's pretty basic. EXO-6 is a small company, but they're charging less and knocking the big names out of the park. Put the new TMP Kirk next to this and it's night and day. If I cared enough for the character I'd have maybe let it slide just to have a representation (the BCS Doctors weren't HT level, but I needed DW merch, and they'll be fine all together in their corner), but I stopped enjoying the show about 3 or so seasons back, and Tommy became increasingly annoying. Beyond the Godfather, I'm not much for the gangster type anyhow. Sure Murphy looks cool in a suit, but why not use the money on a good vest for myself, y'know? If I'm buying a "guy in a suit" character, I need it all to be top notch. How many do I need, in any case? I've got the Godfather, and if they made them I'd buy a Michael and a Young Vito. I'm waiting for a great Mads Hannibal (any day now...). I'm rooting for the Iconiq Bateman to be a great release. But beyond that... maybe a Wick? I've got too many other wants to go to town on such a type. It's why I cut out most Batman rogues from my lists (that and I don't care that much for Batman anymore).

The truth of the matter is that I can't pose this next to my DamToys Godfather. In an era of ever increasing prices, I just can't justify this. Nearly half a grand on a doll is too much. I'll drop that ammount for a great rooted InArt Paul but this... Nah. I'm hoping their Definitive Doctors turn out better. I've already paid off my 12 and I need him, unlike Tommy here.

Last edited:
Technical yes, but that's HT. Paint apps are hit n miss with BC, but these sculpts along with a few of the Dr who line are up there with most of the other brands quility wise.
Yes it was HT... 10 years ago. I just think you all deserve better. Companies like ThreeZero are putting out better quality than this for half the price.

I'm losing 90€ from the Sig. Edition deposit, but the prospect of paying another ~400€ for this didn't sit right with me.

You made the right choice my friend. I would’ve done the same if I was you.

I was lucky that I was on the fence on pre-ordering back in 2020. Ended not preordering and cant believe its almost been 3 years…

You made the right choice my friend. I would’ve done the same if I was you.

I was lucky that I was on the fence on pre-ordering back in 2020. Ended not preordering and cant believe its almost been 3 years…
It did sting a bit losing the deposit, as it wasn't the average 20$ type, but it needed to be done. Looking back, it didn't look up to par for its price way back when, but I was optimistic and got suckered in. A lesson for the next time...

And yeah, ~3 years. Wew!

It did sting a bit losing the deposit, as it wasn't the average 20$ type, but it needed to be done. Looking back, it didn't look up to par for its price way back when, but I was optimistic and got suckered in. A lesson for the next time...

And yeah, ~3 years. Wew!
I pulled the plug tonight and canceled. After waiting two years and it still looks like this? Amateur hour—sorry. This looks like something really cool you might find in Target or Walmart toy aisle, not a premium priced collectible. Suckered me with Ming and Flash. No more. Had hope since some of the Dr. Who line looked decent. C’est la vie. Live and learn—don’t waste time or money on Big Chief Studio products.

Back