Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy James Bond day :007

I admire your luck, Mr...?

DSC_0214.JPG

Even at that price I just won't bite. Every discount is welcome though. Now if they'd only give Dr No himself a little discount, him I would buy. I've been waiting (stalking).

The loose Dr. No Bond headsculpt I picked up off Toy Anxiety recently finally arrived and dare I say I like I better than the Goldfinger headsculpt. Paint is pretty basic but it’s clean and doesn’t have the nose rub that my Goldfinger version has. It was pricey for the head alone, but I didn’t feel like going through the trouble of selling off the rest of the figure.

It's so frustrating we're most likely not getting a Q or Dalton Bond from BCS. No we can only hope SooSoo Toys, Dark Toys or Mars Toys will step in and release third party James Bond figures.

Justin did a review of the Bond from No Time to Die by Black 8 Studio. Pretty good looking figure in my opinion.

Yep, I bought one some time ago -- its literally the only "piece" of the BCS Dr No series that I bought.

Great sculpt. Good paint. I bought a body too so I wouldn't have to cut the neck.
Indeed. I didn't find much use from the rest of the set especially since I really like the 3-piece Goldfinger suit to represent Connery Bond on my shelf. I hope that either Yunsil eventually does another run or someone else so I can upgrade the BCS suit. Saving a tuxedo bond look for an eventual Daniel Craig build.
It's so frustrating we're most likely not getting a Q or Dalton Bond from BCS. No we can only hope SooSoo Toys, Dark Toys or Mars Toys will step in and release third party James Bond figures.
Agreed. Hopefully some other 3rd party company besides BlackBox tackles Bond characters if an official company won't pick up the license.
Justin did a review of the Bond from No Time to Die by Black 8 Studio. Pretty good looking figure in my opinion.
It's a nice set but it sucks that they changed the tailoring on the pants to be too slim/skinny fit and they cheapened out on the boots. In the proto pics, the boots were mixed media with real laces, but the production boots are solid plastic. The rest of the set looks pretty good though overall for the price and third party. Needs a body swap at the very least.

Recently did a run through of both the Connery and Craig films, but I still wanted more Bond afterwards, so I decided to finally watch the Pierce Brosnan films for the very first time over the course of the week.

It made me sad that we don’t have any good figures of him, official or otherwise. I know there was that DiD/Wild Toys “Agent Paul” with his likeness awhile ago, but with todays tech, I’d want something better for sure. It took me a minute to get used to his take of Bond, but by the end, I quite enjoyed everything overall and am sorta sad he didn’t get the 5th film that he initially thought he was going to have. I guess it’s true what InArt says about China only really getting movies later into the 2000s since the good Asian custom sculptors only seem interested in sculpting multiple versions of Daniel Craig and no other Bond actors.

Back