Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hat shape and colour are pretty accurate. It's just the hat band that needed some sheen to it.

Maybe your thinking of the trilby he wears during the car chase?
Ah yes, you are correct! my bad. Been a while since I watch the movie, and somehow the trilby stuck to my mind more than the homburg!
Thanks for the correction!

Putting aside all the issues that come with BCS figures, their last few head sculpts have been excellent and are some of my favourites.
A shame they couldn't just make the head sculpts for sale instead of the full figure, as i'd love a nice Lazenby, Dalton and Craig(CR) to complete the line-up. I know...i'm dreaming...

Anyways...i put Roger into a tux to see how he looked...:007

DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG

The Moore sculpt just looks so much better. The Connery sculpts both just look off. They look so waxy and more like caricatures instead of realistic.

I got in the Dr NO figure. Again a terrific head sculpt let down by a poor outfit.

The tailoring itself is better than the Bond tux (which wouldn't be hard), but the material is awful, and is something you'd find on a 20 euro toy.

DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0078.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG

The caged Tranchilla is nicely done for the most part. It's just a pity they didn't use something a little more translucent for the cage itself, as the spider can only be seen if you shine a light through it.

I took off the lid (it's only held in place with some glue and is easy enough to crack open) as it makes for a nicer display piece, and you can see old spidy looking out:)

DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG

Dr. No looks a lot better... but yeah, 20 years after the Sideshow Dr No, the outfit material doesn't look up to speed.

Is the material spongey too? Like water treatment won't allow you to shape it?

My Dr NO shelf...

I went back and swapped out the tux on Bond.
I'm now using the DID Agent Jack version with shortened sleeves. I think it's a much better fit around the chest and shoulders, and has more of a 60's vibe to it.
The Toys City one is nice but it's a little too tight fitting and works better for a Craig Bond.

DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG

You know, looking at pics of the BCS Connery sculpts, it seems they always try to give him a bit of a smile/smirk, and maybe that is what makes the sculpts look so goofy. Just give him a serious expression and be doe with it. Their Roger Moore looks dead serious, and he was much more of quipper than Connery.

Dr. No looks a lot better... but yeah, 20 years after the Sideshow Dr No, the outfit material doesn't look up to speed.

Is the material spongey too? Like water treatment won't allow you to shape it?
I posted a few pages back images of my rework with the absolute most they can be done with the outfit and with mods. It’s limiting to say the least

I posted a few pages back images of my rework with the absolute most they can be done with the outfit and with mods. It’s limiting to say the least

I did see that, outstanding work as always. I really can't understand the choice of material used after 3+ years they had to find something that could work.

Oh yeah -- night and day. Really looks great now. Pressing that suit helps immensely too.

May I asked what you did to shorten and how much you "cut" off? When I get Dr. No I would very much like to get mine looking as good.

Oh yeah -- night and day. Really looks great now. Pressing that suit helps immensely too.

May I asked what you did to shorten and how much you "cut" off? When I get Dr. No I would very much like to get mine looking as good.
I used one of the standard neck fittings that come with those KO bodies found on ebay. It fits nice and snug.
I did have to slice a couple of mm off the neck itself.

The stock plug is easy to pop out after heating it...

DSC_00128.JPG
DSC_00137.JPG

The longer neck makes a huge difference too. Funny you shortened it to lengthen.

But I was actually asking more about the 'cuts' you did to shorten the arms and legs. Just shorter pegs on the legs or did you cut a section out?

Back