Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone said there is a magnet on the jacket to be able to fasten the jacket button. My figure has no magnet and no evidence
that it was ever there. "Boss, we still need to attach magnets to some of the jackets." "Forget that, we have to get these figures out now." :lol

Big difference, seeing them next to each other. Great job, matrix69.

The BC cuffs and pocket flaps just hurt the tux.
Thanks, yes the cuffs and pockets are a mess, but i can live with the cuffs as they can be repostioned and fixed.

But i don't know what they were thinking with the pocket flaps, or why they didn't just copy the proto.

Someone said there is a magnet on the jacket to be able to fasten the jacket button. My figure has no magnet and no evidence
that it was ever there. "Boss, we still need to attach magnets to some of the jackets." "Forget that, we have to get these figures out now." :lol
My jacket came with two giant size magnets. And the snap fasteners used on the shirt are the horrible large kind that Hasbro used back in the day.
It's as if they just grabbed what ever bits they could find to piece these together and get them out.

Sean's Bond figure deserved so much more:cry:

DSC_0260 (2).JPG

Agreed. Those snap fasteners on the shirt are atrocious. Fortunately, the head sculpt is pretty darn good.

WPPK comparison...

It may be just a small accessory, but when compared to the Blackbox and DID versions, BC falls short.

There are zero paint apps, the top slide part dosen't move(not on mine anyway) and the magazine clip is loose and keeps falling out.
Blackbox has the best tiny detailing, but DID has better paint apps and is my favourite.

It's a shame DID didn't get the Bond licence to produce some figures...Guaranteed better tailoring if nothing else...

WPPK COM.jpg

Are you going to pick this figure up or piece one together?

Ugh... I just don't know. I want the head sculpt for sure.

I really feel the need to get everything Bond that I can... but I do not want to support this kind of work in any way. So I'm very torn.

I suppose if the prices drop on this and I can find it for 1/2 off I might buy it. Otherwise, for now, I'll try my luck with Toy Anx or ebay at just grabbing the head.

I already have a number of old Sideshow Connerys with new outfits that would greatly benefit from this sculpt, including the same tuxedo as you have for Dr No.

It's definitely over priced for the quality you get. If you can pick up the head sculpt you should be more than happy.

I see there's a uk seller who has some parted out pieces, but the sculpts are hard to find.

The BCS website sometimes sells parts on their Kitbash corner section. I was able to get the LALD accessory bundle and 2 of the Moore heads. I used the BCS head with the DID body and clothes.

The Dr.No Connery head looks very good and i hope to snag one this way. Getting a good tux shouldn't be too hard.

Oddly enough, the gun used in Dr.No is actually a Walther PP, not a PPK as referenced in the dialogue. The PP has a slightly longer barrel.

I broke out my old SS version. One of the first dolls(I mean adult collectible figures:whistle:) that got me hooked on the hobbie.
I thought it was greatest thing ever back in the day. It still has something of a charm about it...

View attachment 580512

View attachment 580513
Twenty years from now, the next iteration of Dr. No Bond will be a 12” animatronic figure that can walk and make realistic facial expressions when delivering lines from the movie!

Does anyone know if the Dr No Bond has buttons/links on his dress shirt wrist cuffs just like in the promo pictures.

A publicity photo of Sean wearing the Homburg hat got me inspired to modify my old custom head sculpt...

After sawing off the top of the sculpt, i then made a cast of the inside of the hat using some Milliput.

The new hat plug is then aligned and glued into place. Now the hat can sit snug, but can also be removed.

SC DN HOMBURG.jpgHHM.jpg

Back