Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's more than just the cast on set, there's dozens, if not hundreds of crew members and they did file a formal complaint so not everyone was laughing at his antics.

There's more than just the cast on set, there's dozens, if not hundreds of crew members and they did file a formal complaint so not everyone was laughing at his antics.
And then what happened? He apologized and stopped doing it. Everybody moved on. Maybe we should too.

Screw Jack. Laurel & Hardy were supposed to come out even before the Definitive 4th Doctor figure. I want a production update on them!

*I know. They aint Doctor Who. Also, the severity of my post is tongue in cheek. :)
Thank you! And to answer a bit (not to sidetrack) I have spoken with BCS recently on the phone regarding another matter, and it's still being projected as this Spring for L&H.

It's not nonsense and he wasn't harassed. He admitted himself that he flashed his fellow co-stars, thinking it was funny...NOT! It's perverted. If a straight guy did the same thing he'd get jail.

As for the Jack figure being released, i can't see the now ultra WOKE BBC giving it the green light.
I saw him in person at a convention. Waiting for the Lord of the Rings cast to come onstage and he was finishing his bit singing some Broadway style song, wearing a TARDIS dress and high heels. This will get me sandbagged here, but he came off very desperate and odd, the dress notwithstanding.

So has ANYONE had luck getting refunded when zavvi sent out the wrong figures? I'm STILL trying to get them to refund. They give a different response every time I contact. I give them proof that I returned and they say they didn't receive, and that someone will follow up. They never do. Then they say they see it was delivered and will be refunded. Never is. Sent all the back and forth to my credit card, and they just say that they did not improperly bill zavvi, so no refund. I have no way to speak to a live person, and they're in the UK so I can't file a BBB complaint. So mad that I could punch a ******* wall right now...

Thank you! And to answer a bit (not to sidetrack) I have spoken with BCS recently on the phone regarding another matter, and it's still being projected as this Spring for L&H.

Boy I hope that pans out. Seems like a long time since preorder... well, it was a long time ago so....

:pray:

I FINALLY got a refund from zavvi. Blasted them on a site called Resolver that handled UK complaints. Goes to their parent company, the Hutt Group. Told them refund my damn money or it's a legal matter. Got it the next day. Still lost out on the cost to ship back, but at least i got back my $200+

Edit: Actually was a review site called Trustpilot that got their attention. Got a message from them pretty quick after that negative review. Someone from an executive team contacted through zavvi. They wanted to offer a zavvi credit for the shipping cost. I was like, do you really think I want to order from you ever again??

Last edited:
I FINALLY got a refund from zavvi. Blasted them on a site called Resolver that handled UK complaints. Goes to their parent company, the Hutt Group. Told them refund my damn money or it's a legal matter. Got it the next day. Still lost out on the cost to ship back, but at least i got back my $200+

Edit: Actually was a review site called Trustpilot that got their attention. Got a message from them pretty quick after that negative review. Someone from an executive team contacted through zavvi. They wanted to offer a zavvi credit for the shipping cost. I was like, do you really think I want to order from you ever again??
Jeepers creepers! That sounds like an ordeal and a half! To be fair I've always been pretty outspoken about Zavvis terrible practices. I remember when they first started a couple of years ago now, their trust pilot score was abysmal and I heard no end to people's horror stories.

People never got their orders delivered nor sent out for that matter, much like you they battled them for a refund for 6+ months and again like yourself only received refunds once threatening legal action.

I still chuckle when ever someone pops up advocating for Zavvi on my comments about their scamming behaviour.

Way I see it is, there's the odd few who received their orders for small items below $25 so they think that Zavvi is trustworthy.

Like I always say to them, wait till you order a $4-500 figure and never see it arrive. I guarantee you'll change your tune mighty fast.

They make it near impossible to get direct customer service because they bet on the people who will just give up after getting the run around for a few weeks (as strange as it sounds I've met more than a few people that have). I for one would fight them tooth and nail for my refunds but I've never been fact enough to place an order for a $5 item let alone buy a figure. In short Zavvi stated off as a scam and seems like they still make their rounds on unsuspecting customers till this day.

Glad to hear you've got your money back though. Hope you don't ever have to deal with them again 😉

Jeepers creepers! That sounds like an ordeal and a half! To be fair I've always been pretty outspoken about Zavvis terrible practices. I remember when they first started a couple of years ago now, their trust pilot score was abysmal and I heard no end to people's horror stories.

People never got their orders delivered nor sent out for that matter, much like you they battled them for a refund for 6+ months and again like yourself only received refunds once threatening legal action.

I still chuckle when ever someone pops up advocating for Zavvi on my comments about their scamming behaviour.

Way I see it is, there's the odd few who received their orders for small items below $25 so they think that Zavvi is trustworthy.

Like I always say to them, wait till you order a $4-500 figure and never see it arrive. I guarantee you'll change your tune mighty fast.

They make it near impossible to get direct customer service because they bet on the people who will just give up after getting the run around for a few weeks (as strange as it sounds I've met more than a few people that have). I for one would fight them tooth and nail for my refunds but I've never been fact enough to place an order for a $5 item let alone buy a figure. In short Zavvi stated off as a scam and seems like they still make their rounds on unsuspecting customers till this day.

Glad to hear you've got your money back though. Hope you don't ever have to deal with them again 😉
Yeah, it was an absolute nightmare. I had no idea they were so awful to deal with. I mean, they would get back to me fast, but it never went anywhere. I got lucky and found some posts on reddit on how they handled the exact same situation. I was like a dog with a bone. You're not ripping me off $200+ and I'm just gonna eat it. Now to hope BCS stays in business until these preorders ship lol

Yeah, it was an absolute nightmare. I had no idea they were so awful to deal with. I mean, they would get back to me fast, but it never went anywhere. I got lucky and found some posts on reddit on how they handled the exact same situation. I was like a dog with a bone. You're not ripping me off $200+ and I'm just gonna eat it. Now to hope BCS stays in business until these preorders ship lol
BCS is going out of business? I've never heard anything about that. I mean I nnowbtheyre painfully slow with every single project unless it's those crappy plastic 3inch figures but still

R (20).gif

:exactly: BCS are not allowed to go out of business until they give us the 4 missing classic Doctors. I want my Second Doctor figure! Although, given their backlog of figures it'll probably release just in time for the 100th anniversary!!

BC's production/ release schedule has been so messed up I refused to pre-order any of the Daleks even though I want them SO badly! They have enough of our money in hand with Drs 4 and 6 plus The Master. I'm hoping beyond hope that they'll be able to pull it together enough to actually finish these , the Daleks and get to Drs 2, 5 & 7 at the very least.

Their line of The Doctor is what gave me my "push" into the 1/6 world. Looking forward to hearing something positive for this year!
Hang in there everyone!

Their line of The Doctor is what gave me my "push" into the 1/6 world.
Same! Prior I only had Jack and Daniel from Stargate, which are cheap 20 Dollar figures, no proper 1/6th scale. So those were my first collector figures.

I read a lot of complaints online about cheap plastic bodies etc. which I did not understand at the time as I had nothing to compare with. Now that I own better and sturdier figures, I understand these critics better, but I still love my Doctors and also the Sherlock figures.

Back