Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least having some Who stuff in stock now restores some confidence BCS will deliver on their promised upcoming figures. I believe the definitive Tom is now in production too.

Hopefully they’ll get the other def series in for the 60th. Mad if they don’t battle to meet that because Who goods are barely in demand at ALL since the Jodie era and the 60th will probably see the only future uptick, at least until and unless the new RTD succeeds, which I’m not confident about sadly.

Big Chief didn't make these Doctor Who figures though. According to them Zavvi bought the rights to the figures from Big Chief and produced them on their own. Big Chief is just re-selling them.

Big Chief didn't make these Doctor Who figures though. According to them Zavvi bought the rights to the figures from Big Chief and produced them on their own. Big Chief is just re-selling them.
Still, ‘it’s a good look’.

What an awful indictment of the state of Who. Zavvi limited these to 400. So between them (a huge mainstream retailer,) BigBadToyStore and BCS they still can’t shift them? Only JUST selling out of 4th.

I'am a bit annoyed at the fact that those of us who order more than a year ago still have to wait who knows how long before we get them, but i'm happy to finaly have a 4th doctor in my collection. Can't wait to see how they look in hand compare to the original version.

And for the low sell i wouldn't find it alarming. With the state of the world people don't necessarily have the money for those (even if i think they are priced quite fair) and especially for 4 figures in a row.

I'am a bit annoyed at the fact that those of us who order more than a year ago still have to wait who knows how long before we get them, but i'm happy to finaly have a 4th doctor in my collection. Can't wait to see how they look in hand compare to the original version.

And for the low sell i wouldn't find it alarming. With the state of the world people don't necessarily have the money for those (even if i think they are priced quite fair) and especially for 4 figures in a row.

I noticed they're back on Zavvi for order and it says dispatch October. I've had an email confirming despatch of 4 and 12 today by FedEX from BCS so I imagine yours will be on their way any second from Zavvi, who must have got stock in at the same time.

Thats what i hope but from zavvi you never know. Apparently they said they would be available the 31/10, but i wouldn't believe anything they say in term of availability. So i expect them to arrive anywhere between today and the end of the month. The picture shared on the facebook group of 10th makes me a bit scared that rhose wont really be an upgrade after all..

Thats what i hope but from zavvi you never know. Apparently they said they would be available the 31/10, but i wouldn't believe anything they say in term of availability. So i expect them to arrive anywhere between today and the end of the month. The picture shared on the facebook group of 10th makes me a bit scared that rhose wont really be an upgrade after all..

I think it might have been foolish for anyone to buy these thinking they're any different from the originals. I REALLY don't mean that as an insult, I get why people speculated and it does make sense they would have bothered to update them. Unfortunately I did think it unlikely they'd care enough, so I just bought 4 and 12, which I had never owned figures of before. Maybe I'm wrong and will be delighted if so!

I think it might have been foolish for anyone to buy these thinking they're any different from the originals. I REALLY don't mean that as an insult, I get why people speculated and it does make sense they would have bothered to update them. Unfortunately I did think it unlikely they'd care enough, so I just bought 4 and 12, which I had never owned figures of before. Maybe I'm wrong and will be delighted if so!
If the body has joints that aren't as floppy as my original 4th Doctor figure, I'll be happy. That thing's ankles suck and have since I got it, almost 10 years ago.

Can you share that picture here?

My Tom is on the way but my expectations are pretty low on it being any kind of improvement.

As long as the head sculpt doesn't have that awful 5 o' clock shadow of the original, i'll be a happy bunny:bunnydanc

Its hard to see on the picture bit it appears to have no improvment. The clothes seems to be made from the exact same material. The coat looks like the Brown suit version which is better but still awful. But the paint application is the same. I ordered 4th & 9th. I was fine with the original release. If there are no improvement on the paint i would follow Darren Carnall tutorial and repaint 4th head.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1664869586987.jpg
    FB_IMG_1664869586987.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 0
Its kind of BCS fault for that. No one expected anything more than a rerelease, until they said the paint was improved. We'll just have to wait until someone receive one.

Pictures are here ! I never owned the original 4th so i cant really speak. But comparing it to a picture of the first release it seems that the five oclock shadow is gone but nothing more. Clothes seems to be pretty much the same.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1664879089431.jpg
    FB_IMG_1664879089431.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221004-122725_Adblock Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-122725_Adblock Browser.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Pictures are here ! I never owned the original 4th so i cant really speak. But comparing it to a picture of the first release it seems that the five oclock shadow is gone but nothing more. Clothes seems to be pretty much the same.
Thanks for the pics! Saddly it does appear to be an exact copy of the figure that was released 8 years ago.

Oh well...at least the tramp-like 5 o' clock shadow is gone. Can you post another pic of the sculpt?

Some pictures from the Facebook group. It seems to be an almost exact copy indeed. Just no more 5 o'clock shadow. The clothes seems slightly different but that could be the lightning. Can't say without having both in hands. A bit disapointing that bcs hyped us a little bit on the group saying that the paint job would be better and that zavvi would use they're own fabric (thus having a slight chance for better color for 4th jacket and 10th coat..). I still can't wait to add 4th to my collection and add back 9th. But i'm not overly excited for them anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-140101_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-140101_Facebook.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221004-140106_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-140106_Facebook.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221004-142011_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-142011_Facebook.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 0
At least the paint apps look to be improved, but yes it's a bit disappointing that the clothes weren't tweaked to look a little more screen accurate. As it will be a long time (if ever) before we see a 4th Dr in his most iconic look again.
Still, i guess it's nice for those who missed out on the original to now be able to add the 4th to their collection.

Yeah it will be a good few years even if they decide to make him again like the definitive edition. I hoped for more but i'll be more than happy to finaly have a Tom Baker figure. And i really needed him in this look.

My 4th and 12th arrived, although I haven’t opened them yet. 4 is going to really need careful posing to look good judging from those photos. It looks rubbish from some angles and pretty great at others.

At least I have 9-12 and 4 in my collection now, all around 9-10’s Tardis. I didn’t go with 3 or 13 because Who pre Tom for me, doesn’t mean as much. I didn’t really HAVE to get 12 either but I like his series 8 look and it was too tempting. Still deciding on 6.

Saying that I have been rather mad and preordered the definitive figures and would love a 5 and 7 so I’m not going to get away with pretending I’m not a complete nerd.

Last edited:
Not sure why anything could have been expected as tweaked (besides blind hope) as it was reported since they were first announced that they would be producing pieces direct from BCS's blueprints.

Back