Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the email as well. The Zavvi thing has been odd from the beginning, remember Big Chief said they weren't making the figures, they had sold the molds to Zavvi who were making the figures on their own. If anyone has got a figure from Zavvi I haven't seen it. I'm curious to see how those compare to the original releases.

I got the email as well. The Zavvi thing has been odd from the beginning, remember Big Chief said they weren't making the figures, they had sold the molds to Zavvi who were making the figures on their own. If anyone has got a figure from Zavvi I haven't seen it. I'm curious to see how those compare to the original releases.
Maybe the batch of figures BC got were cancelled orders from Zavvi?

I'm very curious myself to see if they look better than the originals. I'd imagine Tom will be a huge improvement over the older version.

I got some info on the Zavvi and Big Chief thing. I have had my 4th Doctor figure on order for some time from Zavvi. Seems that Big Chief wanted 50 figures for themselves to sell but the figures are from Zavvi. I also asked Big Chief about the rest TOS set of Doctors (the 1st, 2nd, 5th and 7th) figures and they said they do have plans but offered nothing beyond that. As an American I ask specially about the companions and wanted a Sarah Jane but they didn't comment on that.

I just got an email from Zavvi that my Fourth Doctor has been pushed to late October. Before the recent flurry of activity, I had basically given up that it was coming at all.

Seems odd that BC would sell re-releases of their figures made by someone else without disclosing that. Am I missing it? This whole situation is very confusing.

Apparently initially. I just received this email from Zavvi this morning:

We are getting in touch to provide you with an update on your order XXXXXXX. We have been informed that the release date for Big Chief Studios Doctor Who 10th Doctor Collector's Edition 1:6 Scale Figure - Zavvi Exclusive has changed to late October 2022. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that release dates may be subject to change, however as soon as we receive your item, we will send your order out to you as soon as we can. Once sent, you should receive an email to let you know.

I just got an email from Zavvi that my Fourth Doctor has been pushed to late October. Before the recent flurry of activity, I had basically given up that it was coming at all.

Seems odd that BC would sell re-releases of their figures made by someone else without disclosing that. Am I missing it? This whole situation is very confusing.
I almost gave up myself and was about to order the new ones from BCS until I received my email from Zavvi. Still not holding my breath since this is the second email speaking of a delay. I'm sure six months from now, I'll get another one.

Really curious to see if any changes on the 4th doc figure. Really doubt it, but would be nice

I’m allowing myself to fantasize that Zavvi’s first go at figure making, using an unknown manufacturer, will shame Big Chief’s original effort and produce a product that rivals, if not surpasses, Hot Toys’ best.

Might as well enjoy this long wait.

Woah. Doesn’t it speak VOLUMES that BigChief only has 50 of the Zavvi figures to sell through their site and only the Tom figure has sold out? They can’t find 50 people, FIFTY, to buy the other doctors yet?

Doctor Who is in a bad bad way, clearly especially with licensing.

Their definitive collection of 9-12 with effectively 1000 of each being made (500 for the boxset and 500 being sold separately) are obviously not selling well either, considering they’ve added them to Sideshow and BigBagToyStore now and yup, there they are, still available. 10 years ago you’d have to race to grab Who 1/6s.

I’ve been a fan since I was 4 in 1986 and it’s never been more depressing. At least in the 90s there was lots of talk of it coming back and its canon was still nicely in tact (if you just brush off the half human comment as a joke.)

Now the fan base is dead, no one wants the merch, canon is broken beyond repair and their new castings couldn’t be more woke if they hired the Star Trek team and added Kathleen Kennedy.

Oh woe is me and my beloved Doctor Who. Still, there’s always the excellent classic blu rays coming out slowly and hopefully those definitive 1/6s WILL come out before Big Chief go bankrupt.

I'm sure the combo ko punch of the current economy combined with the near absurd pricing for what has up until very recently been sub-hot toys quality and constant near-ending delays even before the pandemic is a significant contributor to the slow sales. Although the mostly disastrous run of the 13th regime certainly had its negative effect. But just as the recent MOTU Revelations left just as bad a taste to divide the fandom, there's still plenty of good Dr. Who out there and will always be. So I'm a fan for life.

For me it’s because big chief takes ten years on average to release a figure and the price is disproportionate to the quality. I’ve been waiting since 2019 for the new fourth doctor.

I have got Doctor 1, 2 (custom), 3 and 4 on my shelf. Looking forward to 5, 6 and 7 plus an official version of 2. Hope that along with the Delgado Master we get an Ainley Master along with a Brig and any classic companions they can do.

Yes the good Doctor needs to break free from the restrains of his most evil of enemies...the BBC!!:angryfist:
No it’s Neil Patrick Harris as The Toy Maker. Apparently the most scary enemy of the Dr ever.

If Neil Patrick Harris was trying to attack me I’d put him in a headlock and hand him over to the local Bobbie on the beat.

Unrelated (and I know he's been in the series already) but I really want Mark Shepard to play The Master this time. He was amazing in Supernatural, Leverage, Battlestar Galactica, and everything I've seen him in. He would nail the role.

Back