Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly the best painted finger nails in 1/6 scale...

DSC_0126.JPG

One thing BCS needs to work on is the fit of coats, especially around the shoulders. The fit on 3's is really bad. Luckily it looks fine once covered with the cape

The hands do indeed look very realistic, also with the wrinkles. You can tell this is an older guy. And I love the ring.

I finally opened mine, it arrived a few days ago. No staining as far as I can see, neither on the neck nor the shirt, but I haven't taken any clothes off. I don't dare after reading here what a hassle it was to get the jacket button closed again.

Shame though, aren't there frills at the end of the shirt sleeves? And we're not seeing them as the jacket sleeves are so long? Am I supposed to tug them out?

I did start to watch the show a while ago but haven't made it entirely through yet. Could somebody please be so kind and list what the accessories are and in which episode they can be found? Thank you!

And how did you get the chain attached to the TARDIS key? Whenever I have one end attached, the other slips off again. Help! Do I need to use glue?

DSC05607.jpg

Also, did you notice, he stole the magnifier from Sherlock ;) Differently painted, but sames sculpt.

DSC05623.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

Edit:
Okay, that looks better I guess.

DSC05681.jpg

Last edited:
^ The frilly shirt sleeves are up in his jacket I wondered where they were too...I just got some tweezers and pulled them down and out so they could be seen.

Have to admit I never noticed the details on the hands either...I need to look at my my figures more carefully! :lol
Great pics too Asta! :clap

Last edited:
^ The frilly shirt sleeves are up in his jacket I wondered where they were too...I just got some tweezers and pulled them down and out so they could be seen.

Have to admit I never noticed the details on the hands either...I need to look at my my figures more carefully! :lol
Great pics too Asta! :clap
Thank you! Not sure if you saw my edited post, I found them but they were far inside.
I was just wondering how they are supposed to stick out as the jacket sleeve already was covering half of the hand.
In the Facebook group somebody sewed the shirt collar closed which looks much better, I may try that as well!

Here's a close-up of the hands for you. See the wrinkles at the far left one?

DSC05602.jpg

The hands do indeed look very realistic, also with the wrinkles. You can tell this is an older guy. And I love the ring.

I finally opened mine, it arrived a few days ago. No staining as far as I can see, neither on the neck nor the shirt, but I haven't taken any clothes off. I don't dare after reading here what a hassle it was to get the jacket button closed again.

Shame though, aren't there frills at the end of the shirt sleeves? And we're not seeing them as the jacket sleeves are so long? Am I supposed to tug them out?

I did start to watch the show a while ago but haven't made it entirely through yet. Could somebody please be so kind and list what the accessories are and in which episode they can be found? Thank you!

And how did you get the chain attached to the TARDIS key? Whenever I have one end attached, the other slips off again. Help! Do I need to use glue?

View attachment 541844

Also, did you notice, he stole the magnifier from Sherlock ;) Differently painted, but sames sculpt.

View attachment 541846

View attachment 541847

Edit:
Okay, that looks better I guess.

View attachment 541849
Nice shots! I'd love to see BCS (or some other company) make a nice Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes...would be an absolute grail piece for me....one day maybe:pray:
Accessories...
Tardis homing watch is from Spearhead From Space
Remote control for Bessie is from The Dæmons
Blaster gun is from Day of the Daleks
Sea-devil gun, Sonic screwdriver and Magnifying glass are from The Sea Devils
Giant maggots are from The Green Death
Tardis key is from The Time Warrior
Blue crystal is from The Green Death/Planet of the Spiders

Last edited:
Another small disappointment is that there are no working pockets on either the Jacket or the Cloak. Would have been nice if at least the Cloak had them.

My current display with a few Mooncrest pieces thrown in:)View attachment 541913
Any tips to get the collar closer together? Mine has this bit of material that wants to stick up at the top

Back