Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something about a sign-up half way down the page, just under the latest news section...not sure if that's what you need? :)

Love how this figure has turned out - he looks great! :rock

Ahahaha thank you I see it now. Gosh I must be blind. I guess that was too big and I must have overscrolled it. I was looking at the top and at the bottom, but not in the middle.
I don't really need it anymore, I was just worried that you would only get the link for Jack in the newsletter and he might sell out quickly, but I got one without any trouble.

Funny to see the minor variations in how the lips are painted on the different faces! Some look noticeably more natural than others.

And the delays go on...

BIG Chief Studios
May 4 at 12:22 PM ?
A quick notice to confirm that we have been advised by our vendors that the final QC check of both the Third and Thirteenth Doctor figures will take place a week today on Tuesday 11th May. Provided that everything passes, shipping will be arranged a few days following the inspection. This means that the stock will arrive at some time between mid to end June. We cannot be more precise at this stage, but will keep you all posted.

Thanks BCS.

Is this the season that best paralleled the camp Batman era (maybe not dates but style)?

PfV8FvD.jpg

mi60ghr.jpg

First color?
They both wore capes, had the most gadgets, don't know if the companion had a catch phrase?
Commissioner Gordon and Brigadier General Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
It's when he drove a Who Mobile,
TARDIS or the Bessie(Who1 (WhoMobile? appearing in the '66 Batcave would be surreal.

AaB8W6j.jpg

To the Whomobile!
tumblr_n5a8theSa81qcwhkeo1_250.gifv

LOL! - Careful, ...You'll damage Bessie!
58pkh0.gif
58vbph.gif

58r92z.gif
58r8ia.gif

and most of all the wonderfully bizarre over-the-top Roger Delgado & Cesar Romero Master and Joker corollary
Imagine those two teaming-up!

NpFzw7e.jpg
ZtzdkKq.jpg

ikdbjwj.jpg

The Avengers style camp is probably more comparative.

That was my thought, too, with the foppish clothes, antique convertible, single female companion, etc. Delgado was even in the Avengers. But the Batman comparison is interesting. That sort of camp seemed very pervasive in the late ?60s, so maybe it had some influence.

That was my thought, too, with the foppish clothes, antique convertible, single female companion, etc. Delgado was even in the Avengers. But the Batman comparison is interesting. That sort of camp seemed very pervasive in the late ?60s, so maybe it had some influence.

Pertwee was in an episode too!

58nuhb.gif

LOL!

That sort of camp seemed very pervasive in the late ?60s, so maybe it had some influence.
No doubt...
5w2gj2.gif

Who and The Avengers shared many writers too: Terry Nation, John Lucarotti, Dennis Spooner, Malcolm Hulke and Terrance Dicks
And ofcourse Dr. Armstrong and the The Cybernauts
YqSF5sf.jpg

4jOKY8N.jpg

oWc8sqJ.jpg

They did do a (contemporary) Batman 66 Avengers xover.
If they'd gone on to a Dr. Who, I do think Pertwee incarnation would have fit best.

Maybe using Dr. Cassandra and Cabala as the go between, with an dimension-ray crossing them all over, then Delgado and Romero, Master and Joker having to team-up as some alchemical psychopomps!
They can easily crossover between that era's Who and Batman
0gW0ftH.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the season that best paralleled the camp Batman era (maybe not dates but style)?

PfV8FvD.jpg

mi60ghr.jpg

First color?
They both wore capes, had the most gadgets, don't know if the companion had a catch phrase?
Commissioner Gordon and Brigadier General Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
It's when he drove a Who Mobile,
TARDIS or the Bessie(Who1 (WhoMobile? appearing in the '66 Batcave would be surreal.

AaB8W6j.jpg

To the Whomobile!
tumblr_n5a8theSa81qcwhkeo1_250.gifv

and most of all the wonderfully bizarre over-the-top Roger Delgado & Cesar Romero Master and Joker corollary
Imagine those two teaming-up!

NpFzw7e.jpg
ZtzdkKq.jpg

I don't see the comparison myself...Batman was a high camp comedy show. The Pertwee era of Dr who was the most grounded, grown up version in the shows history. And i've never seen Delgado's Master as OTT...if anything he under played it. Maybe your thinking of Anthony Ainley's awful cartoon cackling OTT version of the 80's?

It borrowed from The Avengers alright, but looks and costume were more Adam Adamant lives(Verity Lambert produced the pilot)...along with a dash of Sherlock Holmes and a sprinkle of James bond thrown in.

Pertwee was on record as saying that The Master was created as a Moriarty type figure next to his Sherlock Holmes.

The cape idea was definitely nicked from Gerald Harper's Adam Adamant lives...

adam-adamant1 (1).jpgAdam-Ant.jpeg

And on the topic of Adam Adamant lives...Punk legend Adam Ant took his name from the show:)

And the delays go on...

BIG Chief Studios
May 4 at 12:22 PM ?
A quick notice to confirm that we have been advised by our vendors that the final QC check of both the Third and Thirteenth Doctor figures will take place a week today on Tuesday 11th May. Provided that everything passes, shipping will be arranged a few days following the inspection. This means that the stock will arrive at some time between mid to end June. We cannot be more precise at this stage, but will keep you all posted.

Thanks BCS.

Another delay? I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Some pics of the production sample by Matthew Toffolo (who has an excellent youtube channel called batmanmarch). He will upload a video review soon!

a801c3f8136c10cf64ca7ce2cb4d091b.jpg

85a8449f5abf624db78017d99fa76e3a.jpg

7b35d81cd3c7de7118441443db28e93b.jpg

685ac1b196d733386d2d0dc5233f3f67.jpg

1026eca39353c5b7ebf25e7ddfee3bd1.jpg

47f713dcb93feb6397a21460d3a7a34a.jpg

Looks amazing — head and shoulders above BC’s earlier Who offerings. I wonder if this figure is going to sneak up on folks who haven’t been paying attention to the line.

Hope the one I ordered looks that good!

Looks fantastic in those pics - he's turned out great! :yess: Will be nice to get this one crossed off the pre-order list! :)

Thanks for the great pics!

I?m not loving that big seam running down the right side of the hair piece (bottom pic). I also fear we?re going to see some of the same issues that some people had with the War Doctor?s hair being ?cracked?. This is still a very impressive figure though! I can?t wait to get mine!

If they all look that good, this has turned out better than I dared hope. Glad I went ahead and ordered the Delgado Master too — I could see a well-done Jon driving interest in his evil counterpart, and that might help get us more non-Doctor figures in the range. (The Master has already sold out at Big Bad Toy Store, I noticed.)

Back