Big Chief Studios - 1/6 - DALEKS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if anyone is still curious about the RC 13" Daleks, here's some quick and dirty, badly shot, badly angled phone pics taken in poor lighting conditions on my old shelves in the spare room just a few minutes ago:

daleks1.jpg

daleks2.jpg

daleks3.jpg

daleks4.jpg

I told you I had a problem... :lol

And for a quick size comparison, Davros next to my repainted BCS Fourth Doctor and my scratch built Second Doctor (who both normally live behind glass):

doctors.jpg

Last edited:
That’s too cool.
In the mean time, my daughter told me she doesn’t believe that I won’t order the Daleks from BC tomorrow.

I’ve looked over the BCS pics again. This time I noticed there’s a £60 (£50 ex vat) discount if you get all three. If I’m reading it right. I hadn’t spotted that last time I looked.

Yeah, it also says 'usual price' but doesn't explicitly list the actual pre-order price (usual price minus discount I guess), all very BCS... :lol

It’ll be interesting to see tomorrow just what the various ‘discount’ prices are. There’s usually the usual price, the pay 100% discount price, and then the multi figure deal. The preorder on the three Thunderbirds figures was a decent discount.

I'll probably order the two pack eventually, but given the price there are a couple of things that seem to bug me more and more the more I look at them. Namely how close together the two control boxes are, and various factors to do with the hemispheres around the skirt.

I love the idea and the visual of a trio of Daleks, but no way I can personally justify the cost of that at this point, fervent fan or not. Especially not having any idea how these will ultimately turn out. Besides, if they do turn out well when they eventually land pretty sure picking up another warrior wouldn't be much of a problem. And who knows what other Dalek options might join production in the next year and a half, when most are only an altered colour scheme away...

Still, there isn't any great rush to make up my mind to order, so I shall mull on it a while before my near inevitable fall off the Dalek buying wagon... :lol

Cheers. I just grabbed the figs out of my display case for a size comparison, so I didn't bother futzing anything or trying to light them better, so the paint jobs are a little washed out, and Tom's got a weird shadow above his eye, but I figure they got the relevant point across.

You know, it took me almost two years to slowly piece together that Troughton custom until I was happy with all the various parts for the seemingly quite simple outfit (getting a jacket with the right cut and preferably a bit too big was a real pain, decent Troughtonesque pants were too), so I probably have no business going forward ever criticising BCS over their own lack of speed... :lol

Last edited:
Yeah I liked them a lot, despite some corners cut along the way, but they're 13 inches tall, way too big for 1/6. They display well as a collection in and of itself, though. I should know, I have...uh...25 of them (and Davros). :lol

I have the bubblebath Dalek and Cyberman ;)

Nine-Dalek1.jpg
DSC08599.jpg

Back