Big Bad Toy Store - Issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clark_kent

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping this post is in the right place. Apologies if it is not.

Anyways, wanted to know if anyone else is having issues placing orders with Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS). Been reading on some review websites that people are having similar problems like the ones Im having.

For instance, I make a purchase through Paypal and then a few days later it gets declined but when I reach out to Paypal, they say they don't see an attempted transaction. This happened at least 3 times.

Then I try a card card purchase through BBTS and a few days later saying the card was declined because the address was noting the same.

Again other people are having similar decline issues as the ones Im having.

Wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thx

You also might want to check YOUR information as well. Did you move and forget to update your address with your banking institutions? Both on BBTS and your own Credit Card Company/Banks/Etc.? That information doesn't automatically change, you have to contact them and update it.

The fact that you had issues with Paypal and BBTS separately seems to indicate that the issue might be on your end. Check your addresses out with your financial institutions.

Thanks everyone for your experience with BBTS.

I contacted BBTS again and received a response.

They basically said that because my order was so big and that it was going to an international address, they flagged it as a precaution (which makes sense). Currently working with them to resolve it. I had sent them an email last week but didn't get a response and so I thought I'd reach out to this community.

Thanks again for your input!

Mo

I can’t say I’ve placed any orders with BBTS. I have ordered Hot Toys from SideShow and a Terminator face plate from PureArts.

The Hot Toys figures came with damaged bases and the boxes had cosmetic damage.

The Terminator face had pieces broken off and the box had cosmetic damaged.

I’m currently going through the hurdle of shipping and exchanging multiple orders.

SideShow recently sent me a replacement for one of the bases and replaced the damaged base with another damaged base.

Has anyone ordered from
BBTS from the UK? Thinking of an alternative to Sideshow or is there much difference?

Anybody know how long it takes to get a pre order figure from them? I haven't ordered from them in a while, but I see a common complaint being that anything you buy from them takes longer to show up than other stores.

I have found BBTS outstanding to deal with. They double-box at no charge, the "Pile of Loot" features saves on shipping and the CS is top-notch.

The only issue is they seem to be last in line for receiving their HT allotments from SSC and they have exceptionally low numbers of PO slots that fill quickly for popular items.

If great service is important to you and you don't mind waiting, I highly recommend them.

Back