**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas famously justified the twirly duels of the PT by claiming that the ANH duel between Vader and Kenobi were "between two old men" ......

Remember though - he undermined that as a valid rationale with Count Dooku.....and Yoda....and Palpatine.

Age mattered not, apparently.

The circle is now complete! :rock

290640094_5745480022150346_4338023393152800589_n.jpg

:lol :rotfl

Ben: "Actually never mind, I just remembered that my magical teleporting ship is parked just around the corner. Lol, silly me. Anyway it was nice to meet you, sucks to be Walrusman amiright?"
When they walk outside and head for docking bay 94, Luke starts nagging Obi-Wan about making him sell his speeder when he already had a ship of his own. Then, in classic Obi-Wan fashion:

KENOBI: "I made all that up to get his price down. You can trust me; I would never lie to you."

:lol

When they walk outside and head for docking bay 94, Luke starts nagging Obi-Wan about making him sell his speeder when he already had a ship of his own. Then, in classic Obi-Wan fashion:

KENOBI: "I made all that up to get his price down. You can trust me; I would never lie to you."

Luke: "Well why can't we just take your ship then?"

Ben: "Teeka's cleaning it right now, and that costs extra." chuckles

*R2-D2 slowly turns eye towards Obi-Wan*

Playing ANH:SE in the background right now and so far it plays really well post-Kenobi. :rock

Even skipping RO and moving right into ANH there's a lot that feels like an organic continuation of OWK starting immediately with the subtitle of "A New Hope" (after so much focus had just been placed on Leia) and "There'll be no escape for the princess this time."

Vader feels MUCH more menacing stepping through the door now after OWK successfully covered the stain of ROTS "Nooo." Luke playing with that little T-16 model not only provides an obvious link to the OWK show but combined with young Luke hiding from Owen and pretending to pilot a fake ship really drives home how much of a dreaming goof-off Luke was any time he wasn't forced to do chores.

"What if this Obi-Wan comes looking for him/He won't" now feels like a definitive statement by Owen based on an agreement he had with Kenobi that Ben wouldn't set foot on their property, a conversation that was never had in the PT. In other words that conversation feels more linked to the PT than ever before thanks to the OWK bridge. That look Aunt Beru gives Owen at the table now plays like "maybe we better bust out the guns again," lol.

Leia saying "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" after first addressing him as "General Kenobi" does indeed now feel like she already knew him. As if she opened the message with a formal acknowledgement of his name, rank, and military history with her father but then drops the act at the very end to address him as Obi-Wan Kenobi as if to remind him of their special connection. So instead of sticking to the military formalities and protocol she says "Help me Obi-Wan...not Ben, not General, Obi-Wan Kenobi the Jedi Master hero who rescued me."

Like if back in the day I had a message from George Bush to General Schwarzkopf. I could say "General Schwarzkopf, years ago you served President Bush. Now he once again asks for your assistance" but it would be very strange for me to close with "help me Norman Schwarzkopf" unless I actually knew him personally and knowledge of his full name actually meant something.

Back