**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone care for a second season at this point? :lol

I really don't know what they could do with a season 2 at this point that would be a worthwhile addition to Obi-Wan's story, especially if it were to once again prominently feature Reva. The only intrigue for me is if they could actually make her interesting/appealing as a heroine; they certainly failed to do so when she was a villainess. Nothing against the actress, but if we have to see Reva again let her pop up in a random Andor episode rather than feature her in an Obi-Wan season 2.

Season 1 already went to the absolute outer limits and beyond of what Obi-Wan should have been doing at this point in the continuity. So I'd dread to think of what they have planned.

Oh wow:

"Yeah, [Reva was] killed by Vader at the end of it. Yeah, I wanted this story, I wanted her story to end. I wanted Reva to play her part in the Kenobi-Vader story, which was, essentially, at the end, she was the one that allowed Vader, basically told Vader to stop hunting Kenobi. You know, she ended the obsession Vader had with Kenobi. She claimed it was over, it's done. So that was, that was her role to play. And she'd done so many terrible things, I felt she had to die [laughs]. You can only redeem so much."

That was exactly what we all feared and assumed would happen. Vader and Kenobi clash, but she somehow comes in and as part of her redemptive arc "saves" Kenobi. I would have been disgusted if that happened.

I think we can all agree that the best case scenario for her character (aside from not being created at all) was for her to have simply died when Vader stabbed her in the hangar.

But I do like what the writer said about her existence allowing Kenobi to have some level of lasting victory by being able to actually save someone. I could see how that would help turn him from the depressed and heartbroken ex-master back into the hopeful and optimistic person we meet in ANH.

So I guess at the end of the day I'm glad that this got tweaked and turned into the TV show since it removed Reva from the final Obi-Wan/Vader arc which IMO ended up being better than the entirety of the PT. :thud:

So I'd dread to think of what they have planned.
Never underestimate the mouse.
runawaybrain-mickeymouse.gif

Reva's planned fate here lines up with the show's leaked plots. They weren't 100% accurate but got a lot of things right. With that in mind, I wonder how late the changes were made. Would be hilarious if LFL kept Reva around because they anticipated a fan-favourite character. It's crazy to think this story was being written 5 years ago and still came out a total mess.

I think the PT duels completely go over some of the older generations’ head which I think is partly to do with growing up with the OT but also partly to do with not having an actual understanding of the actual lightsaber lore of Star Wars.

If you actually do research into all of the lightsaber forms that each Jedi studied and mastered, it’s not just over-choreographed ‘twirling’; it’s an actual dance, so to speak, where both force users can see one another’s next move which results in them reacting accordingly.

The heavy-handed, sluggish movements of Disney Star Wars/the OT are just flat out visually unappealing when it comes down to it and I truly think you’re clinging on to nostalgia to say they look better than anything from the PT/TCW.

Take the Battle of Heroes for example, these are two Jedi that are absolute MASTERS of their respective forms; one offensive, one defensive, who have both trained together for countless hours. Of course there’s going to be a flourish to their fight because they can not only literally see the future due to their force powers but also because of their mastery of lightsaber combat.

I’m sorry but it’s such a narrow-minded, ignorant copout to criticise the much more enjoyable to watch, visually impressive, polished duels of the Prequel era because you think it’s too ‘twirly’..
Always love the “going over the head” argument when someone does not like something. It usually means you lost the argument :lol
Nuff said really but I’ll add more. Lol

I think TPM duel is amazing. It’s obvious that a real martial artist was a part of that scene. Lots of good wide shots and no using cgi to allow actors to do impossible moves or flips.

AOTC is crap

ROTS main duel was uninteresting the first time I ever saw it and still is today. It was also Poorly lit and too many close ups. When sabers are moving that fast you have to give the screen room to breath and not move in tight.

I’ve always thought two blue sabers made it a bit hard to follow also. The poor dialogue in some of the scenes ruins the drama.

I’m sorry but it’s such a narrow-minded, ignorant copout to praise the much less enjoyable to watch, visually boring, and less dramatic duels of the Prequel era because you like ‘twirly’..

So I guess at the end of the day I'm glad that this got tweaked and turned into the TV show since it removed Reva from the final Obi-Wan/Vader arc which IMO ended up being better than the entirety of the PT. :thud:
😂😂😂 PLEASE give me your dealer's number because I want some of what you're smoking!

I’m sorry but it’s such a narrow-minded, ignorant copout to praise the much less enjoyable to watch, visually boring, and less dramatic duels of the Prequel era because you like ‘twirly’..
What? That wasn't the reason I gave for liking them? When did I say the reason I liked them was because 'twirly'?

A couple things after watching the first two episodes again:

1. I found the production value to be surprisingly solid. Tatooine, Alderaan, that one Tokyo type planet, all very impressive to me. So I guess they burned through their budget for those first couple episodes, lol.

2. Not only did Obi-Wan's daily life parallel that of Rey in TFA but wow they really seemed to go out of their way to sync his interaction with that other fleeing Jedi to Luke and Rey in TLJ. He comes to the remote hiding master for help, the master says something to the effect of "the Jedi Order are no more" which of course disappoints his would be apprentice. Of course the main difference between the new apprentice and Rey is that the new guy ends up leaving and getting killed. :horror

3. Reva asking Owen if he thinks he could protect his family from her certainly has new meaning now.

4. Ewan is just great in every scene and I'm still amazed how good a job they did casting young Leia.

5. You see C-3PO front and center on Alderaan for that one quick second but I hadn't realized that R2 appears briefly in the background as well. IIRC it was the scene where Bail goes to tell his wife that Leia is missing.

As I continue through the rest of the series I'm anticipating that really only eps 4 and 5 are where it gets goofy so with 1-3 being solid and 6 being hit out of the park I'm not gonna let two silly episodes negate the whole series for me. As we've said a hundred times SW is almost always a mixed bag but the important thing is that this show delivered where it mattered most.
I definitely enjoyed 1-3 more than the rest of the series.

I did not think 6 was the home run you did. I think had it somehow come after episode 3 it would have felt more like a hit to me.

I just really grew tired of Leia and Reva storylines. It really took me out of the show :(

I was just simplifying you love for them just as you simplified peoples dislike for them.
Oh, understood. Well fair enough mate, each to their own. I only really discuss Star Wars with people my age who are all PT/TCW lovers so I guess coming to this forum to find the remnants of those who still drag their name through the dirt is a bit of a shock to the system 😅

I guess in my own way I’m just trying to stick up for them. I really do love those films 🥺

Honestly it has to be a generational thing and for me personally I don’t find the rebels vs stormtrooper and flying space ship fights interesting. Idk. What got me hooked was the jedi lore and the pt lightsaber duels . The clones and the droids fighting each other and so on. I respect the ot and it is done better but rots will forever remain my all time fav Star Wars film. Thought this would be blasphemy to say like 5 years ago but I’m seeing that movie rank on the top 5 greatest Star Wars movies of all time and more and more people keep saying the same thing as I am.
Everything got me hooked in the OT

I think it is a generational thing cause we did not have anything like SW

So it was the sabers, and the lasers, and the star ships, and the battles.

There is a reason there are more saber scenes in the PT. GL knew we loved all that.

As for Jedi Lore. I prefered the mystery of it and yoda’s teachings in the OT

Much of what the PT brought kinda ruined it for me. Turning them in to celibate superhero’s was not as interesting to me. Oh well.

Exactly the same boat. I cannot wrap my head around how anyone could find Stormtroopers v Rebels more compelling or interesting than Clones v the CIS/Sith V Jedi.

I agree too, ROTS is a masterpiece and I’m yet to meet anyone nowadays who doesn’t put it in their no. 1 spot.

I really appreciate this. Sometimes this place can become quite the echochamber and these old boys love more than anything to highroad people 🤣
For me, watching a few actors on a poorly rendered green screen set fighting literally cartoon characters is not interesting
Any poll I look up always has Empire at number 1. I do see ROTS at number 2 very often but that’s cause kids like Pixar Star Wars movies ;) lol

I like parts of ROTS. Lack of real sets and cgi battles hurt the film for me.

Last edited:
I definitely enjoyed 1-3 more than the rest of the series.

I did not think 6 was the home run you did. I think had it somehow come after episode 3 it would have felt more like a hit to me.

I just really grew tired of Leia and Reva storylines. It really took me out of the show :(
I guess I would say that Episode 6 as a whole is more of an "in the park homerun" over like say a grand slam due to the Reva parts. The Vader/Kenobi fight is a grand slam for me, particularly their dialogue and accompanying performances at the end. I can't say enough how much this show delivered the Darth Vader, complete with costume and JEJ voice, that I always hoped and assumed we'd see in the PT.

For years I would enjoy imagining what a suited Vader in his prime would be like to see on screen. While RO Vader was absolutely off the charts awesome, he was still just the same 40-something Vader that we saw in the OT. This show finally gave us a suited Vader in his 30's, with seemingly more power, athleticism (but not too much, no PT-esque twirling through the air thankfully) and even more evil than anything we've seen before.

Rewatching the entire series I am convinced that this is the single most menacing and evil Vader we've ever seen. Even his killing of the younglings in the Jedi Temple, horrible as it was, was still technically against armed hard targets. They just happened to be very young armed hard targets, lol. But him walking through that town in Episode 3 pulling random civilians out of their restaurants and killing their children? Holy crap we've never seen anything like that.

Lucas famously justified the twirly duels of the PT by claiming that the ANH duel between Vader and Kenobi were "between two old men" so I liked seeing a younger more in his prime Vader doing all the cool tricks and maneuvers when battling Reva and Kenobi. Also I love that for the entirety of his first duel with Kenobi and his take down of Reva he fights one-handed the entire time! Just like when he was first toying with Luke in the Carbon Freezing Chamber. Then during his final battle with Kenobi they have this really cool shift where he once again starts out one-handed but then goes to two-handed as the fight progresses as Kenobi shows his renewed proficiency.

Oh, understood. Well fair enough mate, each to their own. I only really discuss Star Wars with people my age who are all PT/TCW lovers so I guess coming to this forum to find the remnants of those who still drag their name through the dirt is a bit of a shock to the system 😅

I guess in my own way I’m just trying to stick up for them. I really do love those films 🥺
Ok cool… I’ll settle down. If you grew up with the PT you are gonna love what they offer.

I liked them all the first time I saw them but then they grated on me.

TCW series helped me appreciate them more

Actually I have always been a fan of TPM. My fav villain, saber duel, version of the emperor, and use of real sets really makes it a fun movie for me

How does that character make Disney any money? :lol
:lol Well with D+ being a subscription service, they constantly need new content. If they kill characters off every first season, they have to keep coming up with new characters. It's much easier to keep characters and create spin-offs to keep the momentum going.

:lol Well with D+ being a subscription service, they constantly need new content. If they kill characters off every first season, they have to keep coming up with new characters. It's much easier to keep characters and create spin-offs to keep the momentum going.
I think I'm going to assume that since "revenge is a powerful motivator" in staying alive as the Grand Inquisitor said/demonstrated it allowed Reva to live long enough to head to Tatooine in search of Luke. But then when Owen re-injured her wound and she let go of revenge after talking to Obi-Wan she wandered off into the desert and died for good.

I think I'm going to assume that since "revenge is a powerful motivator" in staying alive as the Grand Inquisitor said/demonstrated it allowed Reva to live long enough to head to Tatooine in search of Luke. But then when Owen re-injured her wound and she let go of revenge after talking to Obi-Wan she wandered off into the desert and died for good.
It can be that way if you don't watch anything else with her in it. It works for me and the ST :lol

I'm 53 years old so I'm definitely in the OT was my childhood camp but I also really enjoy the PT. It's got it's flaws just like the OT does but it's visually stunning, introduced some epic characters and IMO was a lot of fun.

Back