**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see anyway back for Disney Star Wars now - it's a train that will continue to coast. I fear for Mando season 3.
I know Kenobi as a series had its moments but overall, it was pretty bad.
With BoBF preceding it, that's a lot of disappointment.
I know I should just walk away, BoBF and Kenobi is indicative of the Star Wars we'll be getting from Disney, but it's hard to walk away from something you've loved for 40 years.

I know Kenobi as a series had its moments but overall, it was pretty bad.
With BoBF preceding it, that's a lot of disappointment.
I know I should just walk away, BoBF and Kenobi is indicative of the Star Wars we'll be getting from Disney, but it's hard to walk away from something you've loved for 40 years.
I think there's a solid 2 hour cut of Kenobi to be made. Regardless of what went on in the series, it suffered from being chopped into 40 minute episodes.

I know, right? Sometimes it feels like I'm circling its corpse like a vulture, picking at scraps. :LOL:

I've said this before: the Holy OT was never fine cinema and I know nostalgia factors into my love for it, but I can put it away for years at a time, and this new stuff ... meh ... I went from excitement to morbid curiosity but even that's bound to abate, and that's fine. If someone is getting joy from Nu Star Wars -- have at it. I had a good run of geekdom.

Sometimes I think the Golden Age ended with Endgame and the conclusion (disappointing thought it was) of Game of Thrones on television. I suppose it began with Iron Man. There was an incredible series of films in the '80s and some more good stuff in the '90s, but I'm referring to a collective, cultural feeling that seems to have come and now gone ..

I would take 1 show every 3 years that is actually well thought out, tightly written, well directed and acted, with good choreography and visuals over 3 mediocre, poorly written and directed shows with no real thought put into them every year. I would also buy tons of merch based on great shows, while I buy almost none from the crap Disney serves up.

588D2A14-699F-4124-9EBE-2A7ED46262C4.jpeg

I would take 1 show every 3 years that is actually well thought out, tightly written, well directed and acted, with good choreography and visuals over 3 mediocre, poorly written and directed shows with no real thought put into them every year. I would also buy tons of merch based on great shows, while I buy almost none from the crap Disney serves up.
There were tons of shows like your requests.. problem is you have to go back in time :lol

Finale was great, loved the battle between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. Wished we’d see Vader getting refurbished in the works, but oh well. The chemistry between Ewan and Vivien was perfect, much better than anticipated.

Think most of Ewan’s acts were great in this one, just can’t wrap my head around the fact Obi-Wan was able to escape that first interaction with Vader…. A bit of Disney magic!

I'm so glad that Reva had no impact on the showdown between Vader and Kenobi. She didn't save anyone, didn't help Kenobi regain his mojo, all she did was refrain from killing Luke after failing to kill Owen and Beru (lol) and then it was Kenobi who helped to send her on the right path. So aside from being largely annoying and distracting for most of her scenes she really didn't screw up any of the main narrative or characters.

Obi-Wan's mercy is not only appropriate for a true Jedi, but leaving Anakin/Vader alive supports the interpretation that Luke was viewed as the "last hope" for something other than killing Vader. Killing Vader does *nothing* to usurp the Emperor. Y'know... the most powerful bad guy in terms of both the Force and political influence. :lol If you think about it, having someone as powerful as Vader turning on Palpatine is really the only way to actually win.

People will keep pointing to the exchange when Luke tells Kenobi that he can't kill his own father and the response is, "Then the Emperor has already won." But that sort of thing is for structural storytelling purposes. If you let the audience know ahead of time that Luke isn't actually meant to have a to-the-death duel, you'd lower the tension/suspense for the movie's climax.

At no time did either Yoda or Kenobi tell Luke that he had to *kill* Vader. It was essentially variations of "you must *face* Vader." Having a long game of 20 years for Luke Skywalker just to be trained to be a more effective killer doesn't jibe with his actual training, and would make no sense. The Dagobah cave failure would make no sense. Yoda's lessons about "never attack" would make no sense.

A Jedi should kill when there's no other choice. Luke was trained to be able to defend himself, and yes, kill if he has to. But the idea that killing Darth Vader was the ultimate goal and that 20 years of Imperial terror would go by before Luke starts being turned into a better killing machine than Obi-Wan was 20 years prior (when he *defeated* Vader) is, well... kinda dumb. :lol
While yes, killing Vader doesn't stop Palpatine from Bad Guy-ing, it still doesn't absolve Obi Wan from not even trying to neutralize Vader not once but twice.

He had him completely disabled once and badly busted up a second time, but each time he walked off in a funk instead of at least trying to put the monster in a cage. Fine, don't kill him, but don't leave a weapon like that lying around for any passing Sith Lord to pick up.

Well they got one thing right...

No.... you don't say. :lol

However an blinded-by-rage, animalistic, borderline delusional Anakin would summarize the Darth/Anakin transition, it in no way explains why on earth Ben would use the exact same language to explain it to Luke.

They say that, but apparently some of the details of the Kanan comic and the Aftermath books was slightly retconned by Bad Batch and The Mandalorian season 2, so it seems the canon status of Disney comics and books can be quite precarious.

Yeah, directors and showrunners can still override. Makes you wonder what's the point of the Story Group.

But then OWK messes with ANH so...

And of course the Story Group has a different take on Rey's origin than J.J.

So it seems vader cannot beat obiwan straight on due to his conflicting feelings and emotions. Also he probably doesn’t think straight when fighting him. Obiwan pretty much kicked his ass. Humbled him and treated him like an apprentice again . They must suck for Vader

So it seems vader cannot beat obiwan straight on due to his conflicting feelings and emotions. Also he probably doesn’t think straight when fighting him. Obiwan pretty much kicked his ass. Humbled him and treated him like an apprentice again . They must suck for Vader
Yeah, Palpatine was probably wise to not assign him to Tarkin right then and there if he wanted Tarkin to survive the week, lol.

Back