**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney+ obi wan kenobi series, you were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the awful legacy of the prequels, not join them. Bring balance to millions of nerds, not leave them in darkness

1655978882967.png

Yeah, so heartbreaking that Obi walked away AGAIN, allowing MILLIONS more people to die, instead of finishing the job then and there.

Stupid, vapid, illogical.
At the surface level sure I guess but the reality is even without Vader the Emperor still would’ve taken out Alderaan with Tarkin.

Vader was just on standby mode in ANH he didn’t even stop DS1 from being destroyed lol

And so ends the one show that should have been one of the most amazing entries in the SW universe but...wasn't.

D+ isn't just the name of the streamer, it's the grade this and most of the content that has been offered up to now receives from me.

I've already tapped out on Marvel. Getting close to doing it with SW too. When the entertainment you've enjoyed and collected from for years becomes something to dread instead of be excited about, it may be time to cry "uncle " and walk away.

My kids are already planning to rewatch all 9 films now that obiwans done. They thoroughly enjoyed obi and book of boba. I'm sure Disney is losing older fans but they're gaining younglings. I find some of the sequel& prequels unwatchable unless a fan edit, c'est la vie.

My kids are already planning to rewatch all 9 films now that obiwans done. They thoroughly enjoyed obi and book of boba. I'm sure Disney is losing older fans but they're gaining younglings. I find some of the sequel& prequels unwatchable unless a fan edit, c'est la vie.
I've gained a new respect for the PT as I've got older, it's interesting to think how the OT will be received by the younger generation, I think it often depends on what you grow up with

I haven't mustered enough courage to watch the ST yet, I like 7 but not the others

I always sleep on a show to see how I feel about it in the morning.

“Kenobi” is something I’m more positive on than not. I think that’s mostly because, unlike BoBF, we got what we wanted. Vader dropped the mic on his top villain status, Leia was the sassy, headstrong character we’d see grow into the OT version (Carrie Fisher would have LOVED this), and Obi-Wan bridged the gap between the utter collapse of the Jedi Order and his eventual renewed sense of purpose. The final Vader fight I feared would feel forced, but I came away thinking it enhanced their OT rematch. That’s commendable. Even Owen and Beru got to shine.

Also, I found myself repeatedly comparing scenes to the ST, chiefly The Last Jedi, and making two key observations.
1) it clearly had a fraction of TLJ’s budget, constantly scaled back, less grandiose, less spectacle, smaller armies, smaller sets, etc.
2) it didn’t matter because the storytelling and execution were superior.

Vader’s ambition to hunt Obi-Wan was lightyears ahead of Kylo Ren’s petulant rage at Luke. The Rebels holding out under Reva’s siege felt more intense than the Resistance on the salt planet. The dialogue and character work far trumped Rose’s weird speech. Even Kenobi going full-Force with the floating rocks felt EARNED after his struggles compared to Rey just… doing it.

There was more, and the show wasn’t perfect. It suffered from some clear editing, staging, and pacing problems, and even the good scenes often had way too much camera shake, poor lighting, and grainy footage.

But thematically, it works. Characters feel authentic. Like Rogue One, it wasn’t “necessary”, but it ultimately enriched the OT movies more than it detracted.

That’s all I could ever have hoped for.

And when you factor in ESB - when Obi-Wan seems to put no stock in Leia at all - Yoda has to remind him that no, Luke is not the only hope - it runs contrary to Obi-Wan's attitude and the things he says to Leia in this show's finale.

Couldn't agree more about Kenobi/Leia. Great on its own in this episode, but the depth of their bond makes the ANH hologram completely out of touch, and makes Kenobi (in an all-seeing ghost/god form, no less!) in ESB seem even more senile.
To be fair that is all ROTJ's fault which ROTS doubled down on by having Obi-Wan present at Luke and Leia's birth. However...(and a-dev is not gonna like this, lol) the ST finally gives an out for that OT continuity gaffe if you allow for the "other" that Yoda referred to in ESB to be...Rey.

As many know when ESB was made the other was not going to be Leia but was rather Luke's secret sister who was being trained on the other side of the galaxy. Leia and the other were two separate characters but ROTJ combined them for the sake of convenience, thus making Obi-Wan to be a bit of an idiot and/or liar. But the ST frees Kenobi from such criticism if Yoda had actually looked into the future and perceived Rey's potential when Obi-Wan had not.

To be fair that is all ROTJ's fault which ROTS doubled down on by having Obi-Wan present at Luke and Leia's birth. However...(and a-dev is not gonna like this, lol) the ST finally gives an out for that OT continuity gaffe if you allow for the "other" that Yoda referred to in ESB to be...Rey.

As many know when ESB was made the other was not going to be Leia but was rather Luke's secret sister who was being trained on the other side of the galaxy. Leia and the other were two separate characters but ROTJ combined them for the sake of convenience, thus making Obi-Wan to be a bit of an idiot and/or liar. But the ST frees Kenobi from such criticism if Yoda had actually looked into the future and perceived Rey's potential when Obi-Wan had not.
Search your feelings Khev.... there is no sequel trilogy. Obi-wan is just a crazy old sexist wizard. Women are senators and Men are the potential chosen one.

Watching ESB as a child I could never quite understand what he meant in this moment ..because he was dead

Now it makes sense ..he was powerful :horror

Last edited:
Vader/Anakin: Super awesome! Broken helmet Vader gave us some amazingly cool yet haunting and sad moments that are instantly iconic.

I won't go as far to say "super awesome"... but I will say the broken helmet has been wanted for a long time (like Vader going kill-crazy in RO) and that was excellent.

Like Cad Bane in BoBF, the Vader cracked mask will be the only thing I take with me and keep from this show.

OK, HT... let's go!

After the finale anyone convinced there was a fight at least before this result

Nah. I think Beru talked Owen into getting gunned up again which resulted in them being promptly gunned down by trained Imperial soldiers.

(Stormtroopers in ANH retained their competency right up until Docking Bay 94)

Back