**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the most dunderheaded, poorly written, badly directed piece of claptrap that I've seen for quite a while.

Ah, well at least we got some cool figures out of it.

Cue everyone seeking Hot Toys Qui-Gon for a “reasonable price”.
I got laughed at for buying 2 at the time. Revenge is better served cold. :monkey3

That was the most dunderheaded, poorly written, badly directed piece of claptrap that I've seen for quite a while.

Ah, well at least we got some cool figures out of it.

Yeah, but the HASBRO Obi apparently even comes with Lola!

I don't know if it's just lowered expectations from episodes 2-5 (which I thought were varying levels of awful), but a lot about this finale actually worked for me.

The over-the-top Force stuff will always be something that I just cringe at, and I couldn't stand it here either. But whenever the finale took a step back from the spectacle to focus on where the characters had been and would be going, I was surprised by how well some of the bridging of PT to OT actually worked.

This is the only episode that I know I'll be rewatching. Maybe the first one too. The rest are already in my brain's trash bin and not coming back out. The way they handled the Kenobi/Vader dynamic moving forward to ANH was surprisingly effective. As was the Kenobi/Luke dynamic. I can't say the same for Kenobi/Leia, but two out of three ain't bad. :lol

Part of me wants to learn to hate this finale, the other part wants to just leave the good vibes intact. Star Wars is becoming a weird property to be a fan of.

I don't know if it's just lowered expectations from episodes 2-5 (which I thought were varying levels of awful), but a lot about this finale actually worked for me.

The over-the-top Force stuff will always be something that I just cringe at, and I couldn't stand it here either. But whenever the finale took a step back from the spectacle to focus on where the characters had been and would be going, I was surprised by how well some of the bridging of PT to OT actually worked.

This is the only episode that I know I'll be rewatching. Maybe the first one too. The rest are already in my brain's trash bin and not coming back out. The way they handled the Kenobi/Vader dynamic moving forward to ANH was surprisingly effective. As was the Kenobi/Luke dynamic. I can't say the same for Kenobi/Leia, but two out of three ain't bad. :lol

Part of me wants to learn to hate this finale, the other part wants to just leave the good vibes intact. Star Wars is becoming a weird property to be a fan of.

I generally agree, I wasn't a big fan of 1-5 but I liked this one a lot better and would re-watch it. It tied it up a lot better than I thought they would.

I see Andor in the league of Moon Knight..very low expectations but could be uniquely intriguing and surprise us at the same time

I’m afraid all these SW D+ series timelines are going to mess with my head moving forward

Obi finished post ROTS

Andor going pre RO and pre ANH

Asohka and Mando S3 …post ROTJ

:panic:

Maybe the safest bet is to put timeline continuity out of my head for the next year :lol

Last edited:
I got laughed at for buying 2 at the time. Revenge is better served cold. :monkey3

Yeah, but the HASBRO Obi apparently even comes with Lola!
Think again ..HT version not accurate to this version

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rotfl

When Obi-Wan started hacking into Vader the show was great for three minutes and thirty seconds.

Love it.

kenobi.png

Leia, no emotion when Obi-Wan is cutdown by Darth Vader on the Death Star after the "adventure" they went on?

Yeah, ok....

This show is just lazy, stupid trash.

Would have been nice to see more of the interaction when Kenobi met Luke, but no. I guess there wasn't enough time.

Leia, no emotion when Obi-Wan is cutdown by Darth Vader on the Death Star after the "adventure" they went on?

Yeah, ok....

This show is just lazy, stupid trash.

Would have been nice to see more of the interaction when Kenobi met Luke, but no. I guess there wasn't enough time.
I mean she is kinda getting shot at a second after he dies :lol, and she’s the one that comforts Luke on the Falcon.

I think I find this series more frustrating than anything else.
I feel sorry for Ewan and Hayden. I'm not sure scarred is the right word but I think they both probably felt quite frustrated and upset at the reception the PT got.
To be fair, Ewan was part of that negative reception 20 years ago.

Maybe he was just falling in line with the negative tidal wave on TPM, but him giggling hysterically with Nicole Kidman on the red carpet as he's told the AOTC title was not exactly standing up for the PT. And his disdain for the PT was evident in multiple interviews I saw back then.

My feeling on Kenobi was the reverse - that Ewan's reaction at the time was genuine, but upon reflection he's realized the PT was possibly the biggest career high watermark for him (not to mention acknowledging two decades of PT fan adoration) so has "learned to love it."

And combined with Disney needing him to promote connections to the PT in a major series (with many millions at stake for him, with S2 or other series) he's the lead of, he had no choice but to love the PT and blame "critics" for its reputation.

Last edited:
Back