**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just figured they used some incendiary weapon or the house just caught fire and went up in flames after they started shooting them with their "laser" guns... no biggie, really.

I mean idk as soon as we see them they are on fire . I just didn’t think the stormtroopers were smart enough to make it look like an accident and why should they? They are apart of a nazi like regime who is going to question them lol
They made the Jawa massacre look like a Tusken hit. I imagine it was so they didn't tip off any spies that they'd lost something big.

Im gonna follow Andor here, and if our arbiters of taste start saying "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER, MANDO YOU ARE NOW IN THE SHADE!!!" then i might start watching..... But i would not bet a nickel on that happening. Not even 0.05¢ will i bet.

I will watch season 2 of TBB. But live action..... I dunno. Except for Mando.
I will probably watch whatever they put out, simply 'coz it's something to watch. FOMO.

Like, I was pretty down on Mando when it slid into rehash around midway S2, but then the completely superb episode 7 with Mayfield and Valin Hess - Hess in his brief appearance IMO is one of the best villains ever put on screen by any SW:clap. And IMO the scenes of Mando making the choice to pull off his helmet and the subsequent scene couldn't have been done better. Ever. :love:love:love
(And the way you do diversity is having two fine looking women who are clearly well trained sharpshooting, no fuss.:drool:love)

I trashed TBOBF as much as anyone; but gotta admit if you go back and rewatch, someone put their back into some scenes life the train sequence, and the finale is insane. So there's &^%$💩💩💩 like the twirly guy (legendary at this point:lol) and well, lots of &^%$ re the script. But yah know Morrison put his bulk back into it; just look at his expression when he supposedly finishes Bane. Plus Rasta Tusken.😁

So there's Obi but gotta admit Ewan did what he could with a *&(% script. Someone did what they could with a *&^% budget. There's inexcusable stuff like the trenchcoat (c'mon, even in Rebels where the crew was sneaking in and out of bases all the time, they use crates and droids to hide the crew. All they needed to do was stuff Leia into a crate, and it would have give a reason for Obi to have his head down, looking humble as he pushed the crate:banghead. )

But there's some excellent moments. Obi had to rely a lot on nostalgia, fan love, and IMO they just didn't pump enough money into the show, and have the right writer. Vs. there's something about Mando that reminds me of the OT - maybe a kind of energy you get as the world building goes on, and all of a sudden these characters are household names, characters we take to. Mando's got that, for whatever reason - Favreau's influence, maybe. So it's a show tough to beat in that respect.

Anyway not ready to throw the towel in yet. Which is why I'll watch Ahsoka even tho no fan of the character:stake, FOMO:bunnydanc. I'd like to see a live action Sabine, for one thing.

I think it's interesting that this show canonized that Jedi Ghosts can't just appear to anyone at any time which negates all the questions of "why wasn't Jedi X, Y, or Z just haunting/distracting/tormenting the Sith at such and such a time."

Qui-Gon basically stated that he was available to appear to Obi-Wan at any time but due to Obi-Wan's lack of faith and/or training he wasn't able to see him earlier. That retro-actively both increases ESB Luke's Force sensitivity and diminishes Exegol Rey's abilities (since she could only hear the Jedi and not see them.)

I think it's interesting that this show canonized that Jedi Ghosts can't just appear to anyone at any time which negates all the questions of "why wasn't Jedi X, Y, or Z just haunting/distracting/tormenting the Sith at such and such a time."

Qui-Gon basically stated that he was available to appear to Obi-Wan at any time but due to Obi-Wan's lack of faith and/or training he wasn't able to see him earlier. That retro-actively both increases ESB Luke's Force sensitivity and diminishes Exegol Rey's abilities (since she could only hear the Jedi and not see them.)
Luke's ghost caught a lightsaber hilt and lifted an X-Wing in TROS. Because Rey's ability to see him or not wasn't impacting his capacity to interact with that environment, the questions about why the Force ghosts aren't getting involved probably still remain (in the official canon).

I think the easiest solution for explaining limited Force ghost involvement is to assume that they have access to knowledge unbounded by space and time, and therefore know how to nudge a butterfly effect with the least amount of interference/manipulation.

Plus, stories can easily lose stakes if the living characters aren't the only ones dictating outcomes, so Force ghosts work just fine for me as entities who give motivation and inspiration to the living but draw the line at fighting their battles for them.

So, maybe ghost Obi-Wan in ESB wasn't senile after all when he said that Luke was the last hope to end the Empire. Maybe he knew something Yoda didn't and just couldn't divulge it. :lol

Luke's ghost caught a lightsaber hilt and lifted an X-Wing in TROS. Because Rey's ability to see him or not wasn't impacting his capacity to interact with that environment, the questions about why the Force ghosts aren't getting involved probably still remain (in the official canon).

I think the easiest solution for explaining limited Force ghost involvement is to assume that they have access to knowledge unbounded by space and time, and therefore know how to nudge a butterfly effect with the least amount of interference/manipulation.

Plus, stories can easily lose stakes if the living characters aren't the only ones dictating outcomes, so Force ghosts work just fine for me as entities who give motivation and inspiration to the living but draw the line at fighting their battles for them.

So, maybe ghost Obi-Wan in ESB wasn't senile after all when he said that Luke was the last hope to end the Empire. Maybe he knew something Yoda didn't and just couldn't divulge it. :lol
Good points. I had forgotten about Luke appearing to Rey on Ahch-To and was thinking that she only saw the ghosts on Tatooine at the very end.

So maybe Qui-Gon knew that it was simply Obi-Wan's emotional state, not his training, that was preventing him from seeing his former master. And that it would have created an adverse butterfly effect if Qui-Gon had appeared to give him insight when he was feeling such apathy and despair.

Last edited:
Daaaayum, Khev laying down some Jedi Master level posts recently.

bh187-baby-yoda.gif

*Khev while posting in this thread.*​

The original six-part Skywalker Saga was about Anakin turning evil and his son turning him back. It was a big deal.

Under Disney, people "turn" so easily and often it's lost all meaning.
  • Finn turns good
  • Rey almost turns evil, but turns back
  • Kylo turns good
  • Jannah and her whole company turn good
  • Han turns scoundrel (Solo), turns hero (ANH), then turns scoundrel then hero again (ST)
  • Boba turns good
  • Reva turns good
Any I missed?
Bill Burr’s character
All the droids that get reprogrammed :lol

Bill Burr’s character
All the droids that get reprogrammed :lol
Never thought that Mayfield was completely bad, tho, compared to the psychos he hung out with. He didn't immediately shoot the prison guard whose name I forgot - Dobbin?, and then he mentions Quill leaving his sister "nice family".

IMO Finn doesn't count, because he was taken as a kid, and pretty much was a failure in his first battle.

Droids don't count, because they are droids. Kuiil made that point.

For me you'd have to have characters like Reva - inherently weak, since who tries to get even for the loss of their family by embracing such a stupid mentality as...I will slaughter other innocents just to get close to Vader - Anakin/Vader actually at least, you could say, had the trauma of being supposedly the chosen one/magically born, enormous power, but the inability to come to terms with that power and loss. E.g. at least Anakin had reason to have his head all messed up, had been tormented by nightmares etc.

I'm not getting far with thinking of a character who's purely bad who turns good. Boba Fett, Asaj Ventress, maybe. Reva except she is so boring and the whole thing is dumb. Rey Skywalker would never turn evil because of horrible writing and she's special "a thousand generations live in you now" :stake

Kylo was an interesting candidate, since he had no real reason to turn bad - had a nice family and his only original trauma would have been being overpowered, but instead of letting him wander off and seeing sequels of a Force-wielder struggling between dark and light and the things he's done, he just keels over for no reason, so that's that.:pfft:Phasma would have been a great bad-to-good candidate, but the diversity writers forgot about her and disposed of a great character using minimum screen time and budget.:pfft:

This observation will undoubtedly cause all the Rey haters here to reassess their opinion and acknowledge how they’ve been wrong all this time. No doubt the aftermarket prices for her HT figures are about to soar. :wink1:

This observation will undoubtedly cause all the Rey haters here to reassess their opinion and acknowledge how they’ve been wrong all this time. No doubt the aftermarket prices for her HT figures are about to soar. :wink1:
After reading Khev’s post here is Bravomite seen going to the Sideshow Collectibles Rey product page..

1656883006140.gif

I honestly don't think I'll be watching any more SW...
Everything has become too mediocre and inconsequential to have any sort of appeal any more. And, this being effing SW, I just can't laugh it off. It doesn't ruin my childhood or anything, but I simply cannot derive any pleasure from how utterly dumb these series and movies have become.

This show was way too complex. For a show that has no real story.

A show just focused on the struggles of growing up for both Luke and Leia as children would have been plenty interesting on it's own.

Lots of room to give Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru a lot of interesting depth. Also we could see Luke's childhood friendship with Biggs Darklighter to make it all more brutal that Biggs died in ANH.

Why the Mandalorian works is because it's a simple small story. There's nothing wrong with a simple small story if you create interesting characters. Sicario is a very small simple story and the movie is gripping. Nightcrawler just locks you in for the entire second half of the film, and it's not all that complex in terms of plot.

It's become more than obvious that Kathleen Kennedy is bringing aboard writers and directors who don't understand the source material and don't love the source material. They've got their woke agenda and they just need an empty husk to push it forward.

I just would have wished the series had some guts. For example, Obi Wan in a reveal that he was the one outing Jedis to be hunted down in exchange for his own safety, so he could throw the scent off of Luke and Leia. That would have been gritty and had a lot of moral ambiguity to it.

The greatest horror movie masterpiece ever made, in the 70’s no less, The Exorcist: Double female lead with Linda Blair in the most memorable role ever holding her own against Ellen Burtyn and other huge actors!

One of the greatest holiday theme horror movies ever made, in the 70’s no less, Halloween: Triple female lead!!!

One of greatest movie musicals ever made, in the 70’s no less, Grease: Female lead with history making songs!

One of the greatest Alien theme horror movie ever made, in the 70’s no less, Alien: Female lead who remained the only strong survivor who ended the movie!

One of the greatest sports theme movie ever made, in the 70’s no less, Rocky: Female co-lead in a role that made Rocky whole and realistic!

One of the greatest comedies ever made, in the 70’s no less, Smokey and the Bandit: Female co-lead as memorable as the male lead!

The greatest sci-fi movie ever made that changed cinema and pop culture forever, in the 70’s no less, Star Wars: Female lead that stood up to Vader, Tarkin and Han lol and showed the world a female could save the galaxy and make bank!

Yeah women really struggled to be seen in Hollywood in the 70’s they were downright invisible lol

Good points :lol I liken Ripley as one of my most favorite film heroines.

Back