**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The irony is the the Freaks here enjoyed Solo.

That wasn't a remake. A story that didn't need to be told at worst but that could be said about literally anything.

They're going to enjoy The Mandalorian.

We'll see.

They're going to enjoy the Obi-Wan series.

We'll see.

They didn't mind the CG Leia and/or Tarkin in Rogue One.

....so?

They enjoyed every other bit of 'revisionist' history in Star Wars since Disney took over. They'll have no real reason to be upset about a revised OT ... but that certainly won't stop the pitchfork mobs.

I don't believe that's an accurate statement.

Overall the Tarkin and Leia were good. A couple of quick scense and Tarkin has the uncanny valley look to him but I was glad to see him as the evil opportunist in the movie to take control of the Death Star. I am curious to see the Obi-Wan series as I like the character and Ewan was great in the role.

I'm sure the effects will date (or have already) - but I don't hold that against the movie. The inclusion of those characters was pretty important given the story being told.

Solo was fun for what it is. By no means a great film, but considering what a cluster**** it was bts, it turned out amazingly

Kinda glad Ob-Wan is a show and not a 2 hr movie. More time for character development is the way to go

The irony is the the Freaks here enjoyed Solo.

They're going to enjoy The Mandalorian.

They're going to enjoy the Obi-Wan series.

They didn't mind the CG Leia and/or Tarkin in Rogue One.

They enjoyed every other bit of 'revisionist' history in Star Wars since Disney took over. They'll have no real reason to be upset about a revised OT ... but that certainly won't stop the pitchfork mobs.

That's a bit like saying that because you don't mind the new garden shed, or the newly planted flowers, or the guest house built alongside, or some repainting, that you'd like to see your family home demolished and rebuilt.

And not because you don't love it anymore, or it feels dated, or you want something better, or it wasn't solid to begin with, but because... because.:dunno

I don't believe that's an accurate statement.

That could be the understatement of the year.

That's a bit like saying that because you don't mind the new garden shed, or the newly planted flowers, or the guest house built alongside, or some repainting, that you'd like to see your family home demolished and rebuilt.

That's not really 'a bit' like it at all.

The OT will always exist.

If someone wanted to build you a new shed, and told you you could keep your old shed, you'd really turn them down?

I wonder if it will be more like Sherlock, where it's a limited series of feature-length episodes.

It would be kinda cool to get three movies featuring Obi-Wan every year or so. I wouldn't be that long until we get Ewan old enough to actually be Alec Guiness' age.

I still think this is all leading up to them rebooting/remaking the OT.

Why would they do that?

That's not really 'a bit' like it at all.

The OT will always exist.

If someone wanted to build you a new shed, and told you you could keep your old shed, you'd really turn them down?

Everything you listed is an annex or addition grafted onto the OT. You seem to be inferring that remaking a house means you build a new one next to the old one.

To say that older moves that are remade "will always exist" ignores the central idea that we're supposed to like/prefer the new version as more current and updated, thereby "replacing" the older version (even if, when it comes to "classic" movies from the 1970s onward that are remade, 90% of the time the remake is forgotten fast.)

You seriously think Disney+ in years to come will play the "original" OT when they've spent nearly a billion remaking the three OT movies just a few years earlier? It "will always exist"... on VHS and discs no one can play anymore.:lol:slap

It's an absurd idea anyway that they would remake the OT. Half the appeal of the OT is the actors and the performances - the same characters/scenes with new actors would be like a big budget cosplayer epic. And seriously - you'd redo all the classic designs/visuals, so everything from the Death Star to TIE fighters to Greedo would be updated? Look at how that's turned out with the ST: either slavishly derivative or forgettable. That illustrates what is the failing of nearly everything SW since the OT - that the more you divert from what's onscreen in the OT (visually and story-wise,) the further you get lost in mediocrity-with-a SW-logo.

The idea of them remaking the OT is the stupidest prediction ever, a cynical straw man argument for the ST connoisseur.:lol

Everything you listed is an annex or addition grafted onto the OT. You seem to be inferring that remaking a house means you build a new one next to the old one.

To sum up, you introduced the house analogy, I said that analogy wasn't accurate, you replied by saying ... the house analogy isn't accurate.

Thanks.

Like Solo, I really do not remember anyone asking for a Hermit Kenobi story. But here it is.

On the other hand, I do vividly remember people asking for a story about Ice Cream Maker Guy... and yet not a peep on this from Disney. With its inherent diversity too.

Mouse-ear to the ground, eh?

I've only watched Solo once, and the only thing I can remember about it was they tried to ram the backstory for everything we knew about Han during episodes IV-VI in one sitting. I must rewatch it sometime. It did take me a couple of sittings to warm to Rogue One.

I've only watched Solo once, and the only thing I can remember about it was they tried to ram the backstory for everything we knew about Han during episodes IV-VI in one sitting. I must rewatch it sometime. It did take me a couple of sittings to warm to Rogue One.

Yeah, it took a few sittings of RO even just to get beyond the fact that everyone is unkempt - sweaty, unshaven and unshowered.:lol It's so different from ANH in SO many ways (tone, look, characterization,) even though it takes place in the same week. The joy is really in the last third, and also the fact they were smart enough to do it as a WWII commando movie.

To sum up, you introduced the house analogy, I said that analogy wasn't accurate, you replied by saying ... the house analogy isn't accurate.

Thanks.

Well I guess that's point resolved then.:lol

We'll just ignore the rest because it makes the point pretty clear - a safe-as-houses strategy.:dunno

Like Solo, I really do not remember anyone asking for a Hermit Kenobi story. But here it is.

On the other hand, I do vividly remember people asking for a story about Ice Cream Maker Guy... and yet not a peep on this from Disney. With its inherent diversity too.

Mouse-ear to the ground, eh?

Yeah, I'm mystified as to how they'll make a 50 year old bearded hermit hiding out interesting over a whole series. My guess is they partner him with a diverse cast then gradually transition him out of the series as the first season goes on - he'll end up like a combo of Charlie and Bosley in Charlie's Angels.

Maybe he'll be like The Littlest Hobo, The Fugitive, Lou Ferrigno's Hulk, Werewolf (the 80's TV series that lasted 25 or so episodes)… wandering from desert town to desert town, befriending down on their luck people who need help against the bad, mean people out there..

I hope that in some point in this series they show Obi-Wan writing instructions for Luke on how to create a lightsaber. Maybe he makes vlogs for Luke with life lessons on being a Jedi.

Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in OBI-WAN KENOBI. The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus.

Alden Han might (and in my opinion should) pop up in the announced Lando series...assuming it's young (Glover) Lando.

That sets this series the same year as the events of "Solo." I wonder if Alden Han, Q'ira, or Maul will make appearances.

If they are hopefully Han never crosses paths with Obi-Wan, or are you forgetting

Screenshot_2020-12-10 (1) Pinterest.jpeg

Back